Report: Terry Rozier likely headed towards offer sheet route

5 posters

Go down

Report: Terry Rozier likely headed towards offer sheet route Empty Report: Terry Rozier likely headed towards offer sheet route

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:11 am

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/10/report-terry-rozier-likely-headed-towards-offer-sheet-route/

Report: Terry Rozier likely headed towards offer sheet route

he Boston Celtics are on the verge of one of their biggest offseasons in their team history with several free agents, namely Kyrie Irving and Terry Rozier, ready to hit the market.

While it’s been long-known that Irving will net a max contract from whatever team he signs with, it’s possible that Rozier will command a pricey contract from teams this summer as well.

Basketball Insiders’ Steve Kyler reports that Rozier looks as if he’ll sign an offer sheet with the Celtics while speculating the there will be a nice market for “Scary Terry.”

Steve Kyler
✔
@stevekylerNBA
Looks like he is heading toward the Offer Sheet route... we'll see what Boston really offers. I think Terry will have a nice market.

time1ord
@time1ord2
Replying to @stevekylerNBA
What have you heard about resigning Rozier?

5:10 PM - Jun 10, 2019

Rozier will be a restricted free agent, meaning that if a team makes an offer to him that he agrees to, then the Celtics has two days to match the offer sheet. The player can sign the offer sheet during the moratorium period, which is June 30 through July 5. Once the player has signed the offer sheet and the paper work is faxed over, the team has two days to match.

The 25-year-old averaged 9.0 points, 3.9 rebounds, 2.9 assists and 0.9 steals per game last season while shooting 38.7 percent from the field and 35.3 percent from three point range this past season off the bench for the Celtics. However, he averaged 13.1 points, 5.2 rebounds, 5.0 assists and 1.7 steals per game in the 14 game he started in 2018-19 while shooting 42.9 percent from the field and 40.5 percent from three.

bob
MY NOTE:  Nothing unexpected.  Rozier signs Danny's offer sheet, so Danny retains control, and if someone offers Rozier a lot more Danny could offer to trade Rozier for a player(s) and/or expiring contracts to free up cap space.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Report: Terry Rozier likely headed towards offer sheet route Empty Re: Report: Terry Rozier likely headed towards offer sheet route

Post by kdp59 Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:31 am

even if Rozier signs the new teams contract?

I thought then the Celtics had only two options, match the deal or let him walk?

I may be wrong on that though.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Report: Terry Rozier likely headed towards offer sheet route Empty Re: Report: Terry Rozier likely headed towards offer sheet route

Post by dboss Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:20 am

The Celtics have the option to withdraw their offer.

The timing of FA really needs to change.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:28 am

kdp59 wrote:even if Rozier signs the new teams contract?

I thought then the Celtics had only two options, match the deal or let him walk?

I may be wrong on that though.

You are correct. Once Rozier signs the new team's contract, the Celtics have only two options,
1. Match the deal or
2. Let him sign with the new team.

On the other hand, perhaps Rozier gets a verbal offer from a new team. They tell Rozier to get Danny on the phone, "Lets make a Deal!" is on.

Why wouldn't the new team want to look into possibilities where both teams can benefit from a sign-and-trade deal? It can't hurt them to talk to Danny, would it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:28 am

[quote="gyso"]
kdp59 wrote: It can't hurt them to talk to Danny, would it?

Ask the nets about that.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down