AD traded to LA Empty Re: AD traded to LA

Post by dboss Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:44 pm

Yep now can we just move forward.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:45 pm

Expect KI to join them forming a super team.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:46 pm

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26981805/lakers-reach-deal-pelicans-davis
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:00 pm

Glad we can end that debate.

Young Celtic core still intact.

Time to go out for dinner, which will taste that much sweeter.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:01 pm

Good we get 3 picks and more coming in future or a pick or 2 and a deal....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:01 pm

NYCelt wrote:Glad we can end that debate.

Young Celtic core still intact.

Time to go out for dinner, which will taste that much sweeter.

It is a good thing that somethings are not meant to happen.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:04 pm

We get to watch Tatum and Brown share being no 1 option. They will come back stronger with a vengence.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:07 pm

Thank god..

Poor pelicans now have to endure the dad.. eww
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:14 pm

First shoe to drop this off-season.

Danny obviously was not going to go all in for Davis.

If Irving joins them they will be contenders in the west for sure.

now what does Danny have up his sleeve?
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:42 pm

kdp59 wrote:First shoe to drop this off-season.

Danny obviously was not going to  go all in for Davis.

If Irving joins them they will be contenders in the west for sure.

now what does Danny have up his sleeve?

kdp59

So far the feeling appears to be positive.  

Danny was exploring several trades from what I have read.  I think he approaches this in terms of team needs and a big is still #1 on his agenda.  He may look to trade for one but that player will have very specific skill sets on the defensive side of the ball.  There is no one in the draft pool that will make a starting level impact however they may find a center or PF that has enough talent to be part of the future.  If they make a trade expect to see one of our starters and a pick included.  We'll go through another round or two of "Oh, I don't want to trade him"  

He could also take a wait and see approach.   Make picks  (trade up, trade down or stay put) and go from there.  Two more first rounders are waiting. I am surprisingly more patient with a goal of long term development..  I need to see another year of Brown and Tatum.   Know this.  Any trade for a guy making $18-20 million, will require multiple assets to be moved.   I would not move our top young studs unless the guy coming in is fantastic and meets the time line.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:00 pm

I gave David Griffin more credit than he deserves. He didn’t get Kuzma in the deal?
Instead he got a point guard with a broke jump shot and a lanky skinny forward who may never reach his potential and that’s IF he’s able to play again.
Meanwhile back on the ponderosa so many are giddy because we got alllllll these picks and the 2 J’s. We need a big time signing or we will be waiting another 11 years for another title.
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:16 pm

Ktronic1 wrote:I gave David Griffin more credit than he deserves. He didn’t get Kuzma in the deal?
Instead he got a point guard with a broke jump shot and a lanky skinny forward who may never reach his potential and that’s IF he’s able to play again.
Meanwhile back on the ponderosa so many are giddy because we got alllllll these picks and the 2 J’s. We need a big time signing or we
Will be waiting another 11 years for an title.

The part of this trade that stands out for me is that NO got 3 players and all of them are challenged to make 3 pointers. All 3 of them. If you are giving up a big offensive weapon you have to at least get back a shooter or two.

The 4th pick in this draft should yield a good player although details on the other two picks has not been announced yet.

The best young guy on the Lakers was Kuzma and they capitulated. NO is all set now for a long and protracted rebuild. They are not the type of franchise that attracts high end FA's.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:19 pm

Once again, the Lakers get a top of the line big man via a trade. That puts the Clippers back in their place. Razz

At least we didn't have to trade away half of our team for a one year rental. That alone must put smiles on many faces on this board.

So, does that pretty much mean that Kyrie not resigning with Boston is a done deal?

Fireworks are overrated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:27 pm

dboss wrote:
Ktronic1 wrote:I gave David Griffin more credit than he deserves. He didn’t get Kuzma in the deal?
Meanwhile back on the ponderosa so many are giddy because we got alllllll these picks and the 2 J’s. We need a big time signing or we

The part of this trade that stands out for me is that NO got 3 players and all of them are challenged to make 3 pointers.   All 3 of them.  If you are giving up a big offensive weapon you have to at least get back a shooter or two.

The 4th pick in this draft should yield a good player although details on the other two picks has not been announced yet.

The best young guy on the Lakers was Kuzma and they capitulated.  NO is all set now for a long and protracted rebuild.  They are not the type of franchise that attracts high end FA's.

New Orleans will be rebuilding forever. They were in the drivers seat as many teams wanted Davis. They didn’t get Kuzma. Maybe Griffin has something else in mind and didn't see much value in Kuzma. Maybe my bias and hate for the Lakers is manifesting itself again. I don’t ever want to see them do well. EVER
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:51 pm

gyso wrote:Once again, the Lakers get a top of the line big man via a trade.  That puts the Clippers back in their place. Razz

At least we didn't have to trade away half of our team for a one year rental.  That alone must put smiles on many faces on this board.

So, does that pretty much mean that Kyrie not resigning with Boston is a done deal?

Fireworks are overrated.

Gyso

Kyrie is likely to tuck his rabbit ass tail between his legs and bolt for the West Coast. KD's injury really throws cold water on a Nets or Knicks party and Kyrie is an impatient and petulant sort of person. Boston already considered no Kyrie and no trade for Davis.

Plan C includes a welcome back show for Terry Rozier and maybe a renegotiation on extending big AL Horford. I do not see how they keep Morris although than can do that and still stay under the luxury tax threshold but not by much and you still need to sign some picks I am assuming. Keeping both Rozier and Morris at least gives you tradable contracts up the road. It does not however eliminate the logjam between Brown and Hayward who both played 25.9 MPG. That was part of the chemistry issue.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeod Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:52 pm

I have to say I’m relieved to see AD going to LA. After seeing what NO got, perhaps the suspected Celtics offer of Smart, Tatum, and this year’s 14th and next year’s Memphis pick wasn’t accurate. That offer was a gross overpay to me for a one year rental. Assuming the reports of KI to the Nets are accurate, im excited to see the progress the young players will make with the ball movement increased. The few games I was able to see showed how much more effective they were with the ball moving. That’s not KI’s preferred style despite the increase in his assists. More to do with him getting stymied and having to dish it out.

mikeod

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:00 pm

Ktronic1 wrote:
dboss wrote:

The part of this trade that stands out for me is that NO got 3 players and all of them are challenged to make 3 pointers.   All 3 of them.  If you are giving up a big offensive weapon you have to at least get back a shooter or two.

The best young guy on the Lakers was Kuzma and they capitulated.  NO is all set now for a long and protracted rebuild.  They are not the type of franchise that attracts high end FA's.

New Orleans will be rebuilding forever. They were in the drivers seat as many teams wanted Davis. They didn’t get Kuzma. Maybe Griffin has something else in mind and didn't see much value in Kuzma. Maybe my bias and hate for the Lakers is manifesting itself again. I don’t ever want to see them do well. EVER

Make no doubt about it. NO got shafted. I bet teams had cold feet because of all the "he is not staying if you trade for him" talk. In the end Lebron and his agent Rich Paul and AD and AD's daddy got what they wanted. None of us know what was put on the table by Boston. It will leak out soon enough.

As Larry David would say "I feel pretty, pretty, pretty good." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUOVRJ4wJ7g
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:07 pm

mikeod wrote:I have to say I’m relieved to see AD going to LA. After seeing what NO got, perhaps the suspected Celtics offer of Smart, Tatum, and this year’s 14th and next year’s Memphis pick wasn’t accurate. That offer was a gross overpay to me for a one year rental. Assuming the reports of KI to the Nets are accurate, im excited to see the progress the young players will make with the ball movement increased. The few games I was able to see showed how much more effective they were with the ball moving. That’s not KI’s preferred style despite the increase in his assists. More to do with him getting stymied and having to dish it out.

Reports say that the suspected offer of tatum did not exist, danny refused to give up tatum which is why Davis is now a laker.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:14 pm

This seems to be a good trade for both teams.
I doubt there was a better trade out there than what LA gave up.
Obviously, LA will now push hard to sign Kyrie, Kemba or Jimmy Butler.
I’m kind of disappointed in losing the #4 pick, but I’m super happy to keep Kuzma.
Kuzma, Lebron and AD should be the the best front court in the nba next season.
I think Garland will be the next Lilliard.
It will be interesting to see if NO drafts him at #4 as I expect them to do. Actually LA will draft him since the trade won’t be final until July.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:21 pm

dboss wrote:
Ktronic1 wrote:
dboss wrote:

Make no doubt about it.  NO got shafted.  I bet teams had cold feet because of all the "he is not staying if you trade for him" talk.  In the end Lebron and his agent Rich Paul and AD and AD's daddy got what they wanted.  None of us know what was put on the table by Boston.  It will leak out soon enough.  

As Larry David would say "I feel pretty, pretty, pretty good."  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUOVRJ4wJ7g
’= I think you’re spot on and that this was manufactured by LeBron, his agency with Paul and of course the AD family. It looks like this is todays NBA and another day of my losing interest in this league. It’s ridiculous
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:24 pm

tjmakz wrote:This seems to be a good trade for both teams.
I’m kind of disappointed in losing the #4 pick, but I’m super happy to keep Kuzma.
It will be interesting to see if NO drafts him at #4 as I expect them to do. Actually LA will draft him since the trade won’t be final until July.

HUH? This is not a good trade for New Orleans!
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:32 pm

Ktronic1 wrote:
tjmakz wrote:This seems to be a good trade for both teams.

HUH? This is not a good trade for New Orleans!  

It’s probably the best trade that was out there for AD.
I’m curious to see what the protections are on the 1st round picks from LA.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:33 pm

Thank you God! Sorry bobh
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content