KyleCleric
Matty
swish
BingBang!
tjmakz
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Avery Bradley signs with the Lakers - Page 2 Empty Re: Avery Bradley signs with the Lakers

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:03 am

dboss wrote:Always have and always will be anti-LAL.  It's in my DNA.  I  can't help it.

Having said that they look like the the top team in the West.  It is going to take them a while to figure out rotations but once they get that done they will be special.

Two weeks ago they did not have any shooters.  Now they do.  Two weeks ago they were weak in the middle.  Now they are not.  Two weeks ago they were thin at the PG now they resign a veteran PG that is a perfect fit for a bunch of guys that like to score.

Some Celtics fans appear to be smitten once again by the experience of another dream deferred.  Eight years and counting since the last banner was raised and this team is void of any elite talent.  Great teamwork is much appreciated but elite talent rules the day. Here's for dreaming that one of our young guys becomes elite.

The Lakers have made some good moves....mostly getting Anthony Davis.  They have surrounded him and Lebron with a bunch of journeymen, old timers, and in the case of Cousins - an injury that no big man has ever really recovered from.  Still dont get the allure.  

There are many more talented teams in the NBA, but guess you can swap green colored glasses for gold and thats called objective.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Avery Bradley signs with the Lakers - Page 2 Empty Re: Avery Bradley signs with the Lakers

Post by tjmakz Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:32 am

mrkleen09 wrote:
dboss wrote:Always have and always will be anti-LAL.  It's in my DNA.  I  can't help it.

Having said that they look like the the top team in the West.  It is going to take them a while to figure out rotations but once they get that done they will be special.

Two weeks ago they did not have any shooters.  Now they do.  Two weeks ago they were weak in the middle.  Now they are not.  Two weeks ago they were thin at the PG now they resign a veteran PG that is a perfect fit for a bunch of guys that like to score.

Some Celtics fans appear to be smitten once again by the experience of another dream deferred.  Eight years and counting since the last banner was raised and this team is void of any elite talent.  Great teamwork is much appreciated but elite talent rules the day. Here's for dreaming that one of our young guys becomes elite.

The Lakers have made some good moves....mostly getting Anthony Davis.  They have surrounded him and Lebron with a bunch of journeymen, old timers, and in the case of Cousins - an injury that no big man has ever really recovered from.  Still dont get the allure.  

There are many more talented teams in the NBA, but guess you can swap green colored glasses for gold and thats called objective.

We could easily pick apart the rosters and the lack of superstars of the teams that you think are better than the Lakers.
Have you looked at the bench players for the Jazz?
Their best non-starter is probably Jeff Green. Their bench consists of Exum, Mudiay, Green, O'Neale, Niang, Ed Davis and Tony Bradley.
The Lakers probably have 4 bench players better than Utah's best bench player.
Utah has a nice starting 5 but their best player is nowhere close to the Lakers best two players.

Portland's starting forwards will probably be Bazemore and Collins. Not exactly a fear inspiring duo.
Also, their starting center Nurkic could be out for the whole season.
In my opinion, Portland could easily miss the playoffs.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:35 am

mrkleen09 wrote:

Kleen 

as you stated  "There are many more talented teams in the NBA, but guess you can swap green colored glasses for gold and thats called objective."

In regards to this subject the difference between me and you is that you look at this from a perspective of a Boston Celtics fan but I look at it from the perspective of a basketball fan.  Veteran teams win titles so I would not be so quick to dismiss  those journeymen and old times.  Those guys can still play including Boogie who came back pretty strong this year.  Those guys can help that team win.  The West is loaded with a lot of good teams.  I think the Lakers are the best of the bunch but they have to go out and play and prove it.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:40 am

TJ

The Jazz also added Conley and Bojan Bogdanovic. They should have a dynamic starting 5  I agree their bench does not exactly make your toes curl up.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:42 am

I like our young talent and will enjoy watching their games grow....

We may not win it this year, but I look forward to seeing 2 J’s continued growth, GH’s recovery and now some exciting young players I want to see how their games can fit and grow in RW, GW, Langford, Edwards....and of course Tacko. I look forward to a long continued growth and run with this team.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:44 am

Guess we will see.

Your center is coming off what is often a career ending injury and was hurt again for much of the finals. Your new 15 million a year shooting guard averaged 10 points a game and was ghastly in the playoffs.

Troy Daniels. Jarred Dudley is about as useful as Jarred from Subway - lol.

Listen, my hatred for the Lakers is long documented - and getting Davis was a coup for sure. But anyone that looks at this team and sees championship contenders is diluted.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:57 am

mrkleen09 wrote:Guess we will see.  

Your center is coming off what is often a career ending injury and was hurt again for much of the finals.  Your new 15 million a year shooting guard averaged 10 points a game and was ghastly in the playoffs.  

Troy Daniels.  Jarred Dudley is about as useful as Jarred from Subway - lol.

Listen, my hatred for the Lakers is long documented - and getting Davis was a coup for sure.  But anyone that looks at this team and sees championship contenders is diluted.  

Put me down as diluted.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:58 am

swish wrote:

Your center is coming off what is often a career ending injury and was hurt again for much of the finals.  Your new 15 million a year shooting guard averaged 10 points a game and was ghastly in the playoffs.  

Listen, my hatred for the Lakers is long documented - and getting Davis was a coup for sure.  But anyone that looks at this team and sees championship contenders is diluted.  

Put me down as diluted.

swish

That was established long ago Swish.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:01 pm

says you...

They still have to play the game...all of those teams still have to play.

I think you are the one who is diluted.  Any team will 2 Super Elite players and proven veterans is a championship contender.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:02 pm

Cousins is not the Lakers center.
That will be McGee. Anything we get from Cousins is gravy since he is basically replacing Tyson Chandler.
There is no team that is definitely better than others going into this season.
I'm guessing that if the Lakers signed Kawhi you would say that they are too top heavy and should have spread the salaries around to build a better bench...
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:10 pm

[quote="dboss"]
mrkleen09 wrote:

I think you are the one who is diluted.  Any team will 2 Super Elite players and proven veterans is a championship contender.

The Clippers are the team in LA who is the contender. But again, time will tell.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:15 pm

tjmakz wrote: Cousins is not the Lakers center.
That will be McGee. Anything we get from Cousins is gravy since he is basically replacing Tyson Chandler.
There is no team that is definitely better than others going into this season.
I'm guessing that if the Lakers signed Kawhi you would say that they are too top heavy and should have spread the salaries around to build a better bench...

Lakers have two proven players. One who is probably the best big man in the NBA and the other is an aging star with a hundred thousand miles on his tires. That is better on paper than lots of teams - but yes, you have to play the games AND avoid injuries. Your bench is weak and you better win now, as you have traded away your future.

The Lakers fan boys and the press is so hungry for the return of the Lake show they are way overvaluing this team, way too early.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:31 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
dboss wrote:
mrkleen09 wrote:

The Clippers are the team in LA who is the contender.  But again, time will tell.  

I would put the Clippers as #1 right now and the Lakers are #2 in the west.
Will they win the most games in the west? Maybe, maybe not.
When it comes down to the playoffs, those will be the teams to beat.
Paul George had two shoulder surgeries this summer and will not be ready for the start of the season.
The Lakers have so many new players. They will need time to get the rotation set.
Houston has won the most regular season games in the west over the last two years.
It doesn't mean they were the best team.
The Lakers and Clippers are built for the playoffs with depth to get them through the regular season and superstars to carry them through the playoffs.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:41 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
dboss wrote:
mrkleen09 wrote:

The Clippers are the team in LA who is the contender.  But again, time will tell.  

Both LA teams are contenders from what I see.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:50 pm

Diluted is the new seluded. Both LA teams look formidable to me.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:12 pm

If Lebron was 31-32 I might agree with you guys on LA, he will turn 35 during this season and as great as he’s been, no one beats Father Time. Kobe at 35 was a shell of the 31-32 version of Kobe....we shall see.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:31 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:Diluted is the new seluded. Both LA teams look formidable to me.
Is that like, if you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the precipitate?

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:32 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:If Lebron was 31-32 I might agree with you guys on LA, he will turn 35 during this season and as great as he’s been, no one beats Father Time. Kobe at 35 was a shell of the 31-32 version of Kobe....we shall see.

I am not sure why you would expect/hope the way Kobe's career ended that this will be the way Lebron's career will come to a close.
They are very different players with very different bodies.
Lebron is 34. In Kobe's age 34 season, he was 5th in MVP voting, had the highest FG% than in 9 out of his previous 10 season and he averaged 27.3 ppg, 5.6 rpg and 6.0 apg.
Then he tore his Achilles and was never the same.

Last season Lebron averaged 27.4 ppg, 8.5 rpg and 8.3 apg.
He also has had a lot of rest from not making the playoffs and missing 27 games last season.
Do you think that Lebron will not be one of the 10 best players in the league this year?
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:41 pm

KyleCleric wrote:
jrleftfoot wrote:Diluted is the new seluded. Both LA teams look formidable to me.
Is that like, if you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the precipitate?

Yup.  study

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:57 pm

gyso wrote:
KyleCleric wrote:

Yup.  study

Is that anything like saying this debate is less than what it was?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:01 pm

Caught . I meant to type deluded. The joke's on me.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:55 pm

tjmakz wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:If Lebron was 31-32 I might agree with you guys on LA, he will turn 35 during this season and as great as he’s been, no one beats Father Time. Kobe at 35 was a shell of the 31-32 version of Kobe....we shall see.

I am not sure why you would expect/hope the way Kobe's career ended that this will be the way Lebron's career will come to a close.
Lebron is 34. In Kobe's age 34 season, he was 5th in MVP voting, had the highest FG% than in 9 out of his previous 10 season and he averaged 27.3 ppg, 5.6 rpg and 6.0 apg.

He also has had a lot of rest from not making the playoffs and missing 27 games last season.
Do you think that Lebron will not be one of the 10 best players in the league this year?
It’s good that Lebron got a rest last year, the years before he had an unbelievable burden carrying that franchise on it’s back. I’m not rooting for him to get injured, I’ve never rooted for any player to get injured so don’t put words in my mouth, but they have a roster of players that aren’t too durable in Rondo, AB, Cousins and to a certain degree Davis and I’m not rooting for any of them to get injured....so your pointing out Lebron’s injury was good for his long term health, whatever, maybe you were rooting for him to get injured last year...???

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:38 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
tjmakz wrote:

It’s good that Lebron got a rest last year, the years before he had an unbelievable burden carrying that franchise on it’s back. I’m not rooting for him to get injured, I’ve never rooted for any player to get injured so don’t put words in my mouth, but they have a roster of players that aren’t too durable in Rondo, AB, Cousins and to a certain degree Davis and I’m not rooting for any of them to get injured....so your pointing out Lebron’s injury was good for his long term health, whatever, maybe you were rooting for him to get injured last year...???

If you want to talk about durability for contenders, what about the Clippers?
Kawhi missed 70+ games two years ago and over 20 last year.
How many games has Paul George missed in his career?
PG13 also had 2 shoulder surgeries this offseason. How will he recover?

I was happy that the Lakers shut down Lebron when they were close to being eliminated from the playoffs.

Do you think Lebron will be a top 10 player this year?
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:51 pm

Funny how a thread about AB has turned into something quite different.

The season has to play out and in the process the strength and weaknesses will surely reveal themselves.

The most relevant thing for me is how well my team plays.  

The Celtics are all that really matters.  Kudos to a lot of teams out there that have tried to improve themselves.  

Boston has already absorbed massive hits and they still will be a contender until proven otherwise.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:58 pm

Why don't we sign Faried?. We could really use a 4.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next