KyleCleric
Matty
swish
BingBang!
tjmakz
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Avery Bradley signs with the Lakers - Page 3 Empty Re: Avery Bradley signs with the Lakers

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:02 pm

He should be a top 10 player

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Avery Bradley signs with the Lakers - Page 3 Empty Re: Avery Bradley signs with the Lakers

Post by worcester Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:11 pm

Lebron will be a top 5 player
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:01 pm

I find the current state of the Lakers intriguing for two reasons.

1. The way they're rebuilding reminds me very much of the way the Celtics rebuilt prior to the '07 - '08 championship season. A very similar mix of near the end of the line vets, journeymen, and a few young players with some potential. Avery Bradley fits that journeyman role, with a few specific skills to contribute off the bench.

2. There's no team I'd rather see take the West when the Celtics next take the East. That's the matchup I want to see when Boston eventually gets there.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:16 pm

I can see Danny making a move to add a PF but also doing it in a trade.

After watching Game 3, I think a spot needs to be opened up for Tacko Fall. Will a 2-way deal give them a 12 month controlling interest?

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:27 pm

dboss wrote:I can see Danny making a move to add a PF but also doing it in a trade.

After watching Game 3,  I think a spot needs to be opened up for Tacko Fall.  Will a 2-way deal give them a 12 month controlling interest?

Two way deals do keep a player under that teams control for that season.
It’s questionable if Tacko will sign a two-way contract.
He might get a contract offer from Boston or another team to be part of the 15 man roster.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:35 am

tjmakz wrote:
dboss wrote:I can see Danny making a move to add a PF but also doing it in a trade.

After watching Game 3,  I think a spot needs to be opened up for Tacko Fall.  Will a 2-way deal give them a 12 month controlling interest?

Two way deals do keep a player under that teams control for that season.
It’s questionable if Tacko will sign a two-way contract.
He might get a contract offer from Boston or another team to be part of the 15 man roster.

I agree 100%, IF Ainge tries to slide him into a two-way contract some NBA team will pounce and sign him to their main roster. NOt becasue he is ready to play in the NBA (besides maybe some Boban type spot duty) but because he is 7-6 and has some skill.

Eat Yabuseles deal is you have to and keep Tacko, I say.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:41 am

jrleftfoot wrote:Diluted is the new seluded. Both LA teams look formidable to me.

as someone who has a marginal grasp of the language and spelling..I think the word we are searching for is "deluded"

but I may be wrong...LOL.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:25 am

kdp59 wrote: I agree 100%, IF Ainge tries to slide him into a two-way contract some NBA team will pounce and sign him to their main roster. NOt becasue he is ready to play in the NBA (besides maybe some Boban type spot duty) but because he is 7-6 and  has some skill.

Players on two-way contracts have their NBA rights owned by the team they signed that contract with.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:28 am

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q82

82. What is a Two-Way player?

Larry Coon's NBA Salary Cap FAQ wrote:A Two-Way player is a hybrid of a standard NBA player and a G-League player (see question number 81). A player on a Two-Way contract is principally a G-League player, but he can spend up to 45 days with his affiliate NBA team. His salary is pro-rated by day, depending on which team he is on, and he can only play for the affiliated NBA team while on a Two-Way contract – he can’t be poached by another NBA team.

A Two-Way player differs from a regular G-League player because he receives a higher salary and can be called up to the parent NBA club while remaining under his Two-Way contract. A regular G-League player can sign with an NBA team at any time, which terminates his G-League contract. A Two-Way player differs from a standard NBA player in that he only earns NBA salary and amenities while with the parent NBA club. A player on a standard NBA contract can be assigned to the G-League affiliate, but continues to receive his NBA salary while on assignment.

My comments: A regular G-League player can be "poached" by another NBA team, but a Two-Way player cannot.

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:32 am

Tacko won't be getting Boston's second tw-way contract.
That will be going to Tremont Waters.

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/07/boston-celtics-rumors-tremont-waters-agrees-to-bostons-second-two-way-contract-slot-report.html
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:38 am

Thanks for posting that TJ.
As I expected. You could pretty much see that one coming on draft night.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:39 am

tjmakz wrote:Tacko won't be getting Boston's second tw-way contract.
That will be going to Tremont Waters.

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/07/boston-celtics-rumors-tremont-waters-agrees-to-bostons-second-two-way-contract-slot-report.html
They’ve a few options. Don’t need to decide till the season is about to start.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:25 pm

kdp59 wrote:
jrleftfoot wrote:Diluted is the new seluded. Both LA teams look formidable to me.

as someone who has a marginal grasp of the language and spelling..I think the word we are searching for is  "deluded"

As someone with a margarine grasp ( which is really difficult ) I confessed to my typing error earlier in the thread. jocolor
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:34 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:
kdp59 wrote:

as someone who has a marginal grasp of the language and spelling..I think the word we are searching for is  "deluded"

As someone with a margarine grasp ( which is really difficult ) I confessed to my typing error earlier in the thread. jocolor
I’m looking forward to a butter Cs season than the last one.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:52 pm

KyleCleric wrote:
jrleftfoot wrote:
kdp59 wrote:

Me too. More enjoyable, anyway. Maybe I am diluting myself, though.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:08 pm

Me too. More enjoyable, anyway. Maybe I am diluting myself, though.

- Quotes of the day.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:54 am

mrkleen09 wrote:
tjmakz wrote:  Cousins is not the Lakers center.
That will be McGee. Anything we get from Cousins is gravy since he is basically replacing Tyson Chandler.
There is no team that is definitely better than others going into this season.
I'm guessing that if the Lakers signed Kawhi you would say that they are too top heavy and should have spread the salaries around to build a better bench...

Lakers have two proven players.  One who is probably the best big man in the NBA and the other is an aging star with a hundred thousand miles on his tires.  That is better on paper than lots of teams - but yes, you have to play the games AND avoid injuries.  Your bench is weak and you better win now, as you have traded away your future.

The Lakers fan boys and the press is so hungry for the return of the Lake show they are way overvaluing this team, way too early.  

I’m with you on this one. I am not impressed and I don’t have Green eyes. I just have good eyes.
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:57 am

tjmakz wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:If Lebron was 31-32 I might agree with you guys on LA, he will turn 35 during this season and as great as he’s been, no one beats Father Time. Kobe at 35 was a shell of the 31-32 version of Kobe....we shall see.

I am not sure why you would expect/hope the way Kobe's career ended that this will be the way Lebron's career will come to a close.
They are very different players with very different bodies.
Lebron is 34. In Kobe's age 34 season, he was 5th in MVP voting, had the highest FG% than in 9 out of his previous 10 season and he averaged 27.3 ppg, 5.6 rpg and 6.0 apg.
Then he tore his Achilles and was never the same.

Last season Lebron averaged 27.4 ppg, 8.5 rpg and 8.3 apg.
He also has had a lot of rest from not making the playoffs and missing 27 games last season.
Do you think that Lebron will not be one of the 10 best players in the league this year?
It’s good that Lebron got a rest last year, the years before he had an unbelievable burden carrying that franchise on it’s back. I’m not rooting for him to get injured, I’ve never rooted for any player to get injured so don’t put words in my mouth, but they have a roster of players that aren’t too durable in Rondo, AB, Cousins and to a certain degree Davis and I’m not rooting for any of them to get injured....so your pointing out Lebron’s injury was good for his long term health, whatever, maybe you were rooting for him to get injured last year...???

If you want to talk about durability for contenders, what about the Clippers?
Kawhi missed 70+ games two years ago and over 20 last year.
How many games has Paul George missed in his career?
PG13 also had 2 shoulder surgeries this offseason. How will he recover?

I was happy that the Lakers shut down Lebron when they were close to being eliminated from the playoffs.

Do you think Lebron will be a top 10 player this year?

Screw both LA teams. i only care about the Celts. No more comments from me on either of those franchise. (Until we play them and beat both) Hell with LA
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:02 am

LA will be agog about the Celts pretty soon. R Will and Tacko will emerge as strong 5's for us giving us the luxury of d, rebounds, blocks, and dunks and our shooters will be hitting from all over the court.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:41 am

worcester wrote:LA will be agog about the Celts pretty soon. R Will and Tacko will emerge as strong 5's for us giving us the luxury of d, rebounds, blocks, and dunks  and our shooters will be hitting from all over the court.

Boston will need some consistent shooting from their 4's and 5's.
Losing Morris and Horford will hurt significantly on offense.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:48 am

For one year. By then Lebron will be thinking about his movie career.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:53 am

Ktronic1 wrote: Screw both LA teams. i only care about the Celts. No more comments from me on either of those franchise. (Until we play them and beat both) Hell with LA

Love this. For a minute there, thought we have ventured onto an NBA Forum or worse, a lets rip apart every wart with the Celtics forum. People accuse me of wearing green colored glasses? That is the whole basis of this board - the walls around here are painted green for god sake. LOL.

The Celtics are dead.
Long live the Celtics Basketball
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3