Carsen Edwards has reportedly agreed to a deal with the Celtic

+3
bobheckler
gyso
7 posters

Go down

Carsen Edwards has reportedly agreed to a deal with the Celtic Empty Carsen Edwards has reportedly agreed to a deal with the Celtic

Post by 112288 Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:36 am

Carsen Edwards has reportedly agreed to a deal with the Celtics

WEEI

July 12, 2019 - 11:02 pm

With the Celtics announcing they’d signed Romeo Langford and Grant Williams on Thursday and the team already reportedly agreeing to a two-way contract with Tremont Waters, Carsen Edwards was Boston’s lone selection from the 2019 Draft yet to agree to a deal.
Until now. According to Adam Himmelsbach of the Boston Globe, Edwards has agreed to a four-year deal with the Celtics. The second-round draft pick is guaranteed over $4.5 million throughout the course of the contract.

Back to top Go down

Carsen Edwards has reportedly agreed to a deal with the Celtic Empty Re: Carsen Edwards has reportedly agreed to a deal with the Celtic

Post by 112288 Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:38 am

This signing will eventually lead to Brad Wanamaker being released paving the way for Taccko Fell signing a contract with the Boston Celtics.

Back to top Go down

Carsen Edwards has reportedly agreed to a deal with the Celtic Empty Re: Carsen Edwards has reportedly agreed to a deal with the Celtic

Post by gyso Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:43 am

112288 wrote:This signing will eventually lead to Brad Wanamaker being released paving the way for Taccko Fell signing a contract with the Boston Celtics.

If that is what it takes . . .

Do it!

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:57 am

I'd like to see the following lineup,

PG: Gordon Hayward
SG: Jaylen Brown
SF: Jayson Tatum
PF: Robert Williams
C. Tacko Fall

Go BIG or go home!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:47 am

The official press release.  Welcome to the Celtics, Carson.

Carsen Edwards has reportedly agreed to a deal with the Celtic D_cfLdKXkAAAMTx?format=jpg

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:59 pm

Excellent
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:23 am

gyso wrote:I'd like to see the following lineup,

SF:  Jayson Tatum
PF:  Robert Williams
C.  Tacko Fall

Go BIG or go home!!  Very Happy
Whaaaaa bout Kemba? Did u cut him? Laughing
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:27 am

C.  Tacko Fall

I like it, adding in Walker for GH also works.....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:33 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:

C.  Tacko Fall

I like it, adding in Walker for GH also works.....

My purpose with this was to create a big lineup that could frustrate many of the other teams on defense. I could have added Smart instead of Hayward, but I needed someone to help run the offense. Walker could be added, as you say, for that very purpose.

With a base of Tacko and the Timelord, no one will have a size advantage, that's for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:11 am

I like that line up with Smart too.

We have to sign Tacko, he and RW would wreck offenses.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:31 am

Nobody thinks that lineup would get run on? It's big, but slow. Who would stay in front of their point guard? Today's game is about speed? Good ball rotation would make it hard for this 5 to close out shooters at the arc. No?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:39 pm

Fall and Williams will very rarely be on the court together very rarely, in my opinion, even if Fall does get a full roster space.

Both are two inexperienced to play together as well have not yet have proven themselves individually in the NBA, but mostly I am not sure how well Williams would be at the 4. Height alone is not enough?

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:02 pm

I am not thinking huge minutes for the BIG LINEUP. In small doses, perhaps it would throw off the other team's offense just enough to make a difference.

If it gets so the game is becoming a layup drill for the other team, throw in the BIG LINEUP, see what happens.  Just like switching to zone defense sometimes throws off the other team's offense, maybe this is another tool in Brad's tool kit.

Maybe it stops a run by the other team.  On the other hand, it could possibly help to continue the run.  That is what the preseason is for.

I just want to see it used in a game to see "what if".

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down