Two Celtics Listed Among ‘Top 25 Players You Want To Start Franchise With’

4 posters

Go down

Two Celtics Listed Among ‘Top 25 Players You Want To Start Franchise With’  Empty Two Celtics Listed Among ‘Top 25 Players You Want To Start Franchise With’

Post by bobheckler Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:08 pm

https://nesn.com/2019/09/two-celtics-listed-among-top-25-players-you-want-to-start-franchise-with/

Two Celtics Listed Among ‘Top 25 Players You Want To Start Franchise With’

by Marcus Kwesi O'Mard

on Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 4:58PM

Some basic math tells us both Jayson Tatum and Kemba Walker are franchise players.

The Boston Celtics point guard and forward appear on a a list of “Top 25 players you want to start a franchise with” that SiriusXM NBA Radio released Wednesday. Walker comes in at No. 25, while Tatum is three slots higher at No. 22.

SiriusXM NBA Radio ✔ @SiriusXMNBA Who would you want to start a franchise with? Hear our #SXMNBATop25 Release show here https://siriusxm.us/NBARadioTop25  And see our full rankings here

Two Celtics Listed Among ‘Top 25 Players You Want To Start Franchise With’  EE2N5n_WwAACyY1?format=jpg&name=small

Although Walker has reached a higher status than Tatum in the pecking order of NBA players, we suspect their respective ages, 29 and 21, factor into SiriusXM NBA Radio’s experts’ thinking.

Walker and Tatum are expected to lead the Celtics’ attempts at rebounding from their disappointing 2018-19 campaign and contending for Eastern Conference supremacy and a spot in the NBA Finals.

Achieving those goals will justify the high esteem, in which SiriusXM’s NBA Radio team holds the Celtics duo. After all, there are 30 NBA teams, and their place on the Top 25 speaks volumes about their present and future ability.

bob
MY NOTE:  So, in other words, if they were going to create 2 future All-NBA All-Star teams, teams which had the top 30 players in the league over the next 5-10 years, we'd have two of them.  LeBron James is on that list and, if I was going to start a franchise, I wouldn't start it with an almost 35 year old player.  I'm not sure I'd start one with a 30 year old player who has played a total of 604 games in 10 seasons (Blake Griffin) and only 52 playoff games either.  And, while we're on it, WTF is last year's MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo (I cut-and-pasted that)?  How tf can you forget him?!  Of all the players on this list I'd probably pick him first, and they leave him off completely!

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Two Celtics Listed Among ‘Top 25 Players You Want To Start Franchise With’  Empty Re: Two Celtics Listed Among ‘Top 25 Players You Want To Start Franchise With’

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:03 pm

Bob Earth to Bob Giannis was first on the list and deservedly so....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Two Celtics Listed Among ‘Top 25 Players You Want To Start Franchise With’  Empty Re: Two Celtics Listed Among ‘Top 25 Players You Want To Start Franchise With’

Post by bobheckler Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:20 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Bob Earth to Bob Giannis was first on the list and deservedly so....

Oh. Yeah. Right. Oops. Heheh. I knew that, I was just testing to see if you were paying attention.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:39 pm

Several players on the list do not make their teammates better so building a franchise around them would be flawed.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:06 pm

dboss wrote:Several players on the list do not make their teammates better so building a franchise around them would be flawed.
That’s a special skill, did Kobe or Pierce make others better, or did they carry their teams on their back? Or did they benefit from playing with Shaq and KG? I don’t know if any of the top 5 or 10 make their teammates better, maybe Lebron and Kawhi, Doncic looks like he has that type of potential game....Harden no, always comes up small during playoffs, AD hasn’t done anything in this league yet....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:02 am

I wish we had number 4

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down