Who Will Be Our Starting 5 With Kemba Out?

+3
hawksnestbeach
cowens/oldschool
bobheckler
7 posters

Go down

Who Will Be Our Starting 5 With Kemba Out?

Who Will Be Our Starting 5 With Kemba Out? Vote_lcap0%Who Will Be Our Starting 5 With Kemba Out? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who Will Be Our Starting 5 With Kemba Out? Vote_lcap13%Who Will Be Our Starting 5 With Kemba Out? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
Who Will Be Our Starting 5 With Kemba Out? Vote_lcap50%Who Will Be Our Starting 5 With Kemba Out? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]
Who Will Be Our Starting 5 With Kemba Out? Vote_lcap37%Who Will Be Our Starting 5 With Kemba Out? Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 3 ]
Who Will Be Our Starting 5 With Kemba Out? Vote_lcap0%Who Will Be Our Starting 5 With Kemba Out? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

Who Will Be Our Starting 5 With Kemba Out? Empty Who Will Be Our Starting 5 With Kemba Out?

Post by bobheckler Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:07 am

We're down Gordon for another 4-5 weeks (good news about his progress notwithstanding) and we'll be down Kemba until he is 100% and presumably clears concussion protocol.

So, who does Brad start with Kemba out?

Does he promote Brad Wanamaker, who has been very solid, to the starting spot?
Does he move Smart to point and Jaylen to 2? Well, then who plays Jaylen's old spot?

Questions, questions, questions. Inquiring minds want to know.

I threw out a couple of ideas, but the 'other' choice lets you create your own starting 5. Please explain your choices so we can follow along with your reasoning.

Poll options include vote cancelling, so you can change your mind, but no multiple entries. Pick one, change it if you want, but only one.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Who Will Be Our Starting 5 With Kemba Out? Empty Re: Who Will Be Our Starting 5 With Kemba Out?

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:19 pm

I would go with the Wanamaker line up, he’s earned it, he makes the right play and can hit his shots, in certain match ups, maybe Lakers or Bucks, I would go with Theis- RWill.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Who Will Be Our Starting 5 With Kemba Out? Empty Re: Who Will Be Our Starting 5 With Kemba Out?

Post by hawksnestbeach Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:33 pm

I think Smart at pg, Brown, Tatum, Theis and RW would be a strong unit. When we lose, it's usually because we're too small or not quick enough inside. Wanamaker would spell Smart so we'd have one or the out there most of the time. I love this team, think we're going places when it counts, in the spring. hawk

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:58 pm

Voted Wannamaker replacing Kemba.

How bout a poll on how many 3 point shots GW will make this season.  Start from 0-19 and just work you way backwards.

Last edited by dboss on Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:01 pm

I say 23.8 total which is 35% of our remaing games given he takes at least one every

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:02 pm

I think Waters gets the call up.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
about 22 minutes ago
Celtics recall Tremont Waters from Maine. He should be active if Kemba is out tomorrow night.

reply retweet like

bob
MY NOTE: This doesn't mean he'll start, so it's not directly relative to this thread, but it means he'll be available to play. Knowing who may play has influence over who you think might start.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:57 pm

Love what I’ve seen so far from Tremont

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:02 am

I voted "Purely Match Up Driven (team-by-team decisions)" because that seems to be how it works when we have all hands on deck. Why would it change now?

I like:

Wanamaker, Smart, Brown, Tatum, Theis

or

Wanamaker, Smart, Brown, Tatum, Kanter

or

Wanamaker, Smart, Brown, Tatum, RWill

The difference is purely match up driven.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:44 am

I think it is going to be match up driven as well.

However, how about the starting 5 of:

Smart, Brown, Tatum, Theis, Kanter

Probably not going to happen as Kanter has not impressed with much effort on defense (historically consistent) and Brad never seems to play Theis at the 4 (maybe he has a good reason not to), but I would have liked to see how that starting 5 pans out, especially against lower eschelon teams.

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:49 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Love what I’ve seen so far from Tremont

Tom Westerholm @Tom_NBA
about 44 minutes ago
The Red Claws just announced that Tremont Waters was named G-League Player of the Week. Waters averaged 24 points and 8.5 assists last week.

reply retweet like

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:26 pm

Looks like Kemba's not out for long. He wants to play tonight, but the team's not likely to go for that one. Even his mother has been quoted as saying if he goes in tonight, he has to limit it to 5 minutes. Have to love Kemba's drive.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down