mrkleen09
NYCelt
beat
dboss
9 posters

Go down

It's Just a freakin Game Empty It's Just a freakin Game

Post by dboss Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:48 pm

I am truly amazed at all the negative comments I am seeing regarding the Lebron James saga.

First this was a media created event and for at least 2 years all we have heard about is the 2010 free agent class. The media built this thing up from the gitgo.

There are a lot of losers in this thing but lebron james is not one of them.

There is a thin line between love and hate as evidenced by the reaction from Cleveland fans and specifically the owner who dipped to new lows with his comments. Basketball is a team game and if the city of Cleveland cannot survive lebron james leaving and if their team goes in the tank for good that just means that they are not real basketball fans. No one player can kill a franchise unless the fans do not support the concept of team.

Cleveland is like some dude who was madly in love with a chick that's been going through the motions for a while. But Cleveland is stupid. A year ago i eluded to the fact that cleveland should move lebron because he did not and never has made a firm commitment to resign with them. Now they are left with no compensation but that is their fault not Lebron's

Everyone is criticizing the way Lebron is but to me he is no different than any superstar./ Celtics fans may want to pretend that that do not like him but if he came here the story would be different. he was never surrounded by the type of players that he could win with. This is really no different than what PP, KG and RA went through for most of their careers.

Now Lebron joins the most dynamic threesome that we have seen since back when West, Baylor and chamberlain played together. The balance of power has taken a dramatic shift and I see the Heat as the dominant team for the next 5 years.

In my opinion I think this young man made a great decision and I recall comments from KG after the Cleveland series that strongly suggested that Lebron move on.

Of course it will take some time for them to gel but they played together in the Olympics and seem to have a genuine respect for one another.

The Heat are going to be an awesome team this year!

dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

It's Just a freakin Game Empty Re: It's Just a freakin Game

Post by beat Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:53 pm

Dboss

nothing against the move...............just the way it was done.

A bit like wwe.

And how much bron had to do with that no one will ever know but he certainly had the power to choose another way.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:55 pm

dboss,

I agree with every single word you wrote.

I can't understand the negativity either. People just get envious and have to shoot others down I guess. James kept within the rules, did nothing wrong and made a smart move.

And those that say Wade, Bosh and James can't play together must have already forgotten the Olympics. They sure got it together there.

Thanks for posting something real and to the point.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:57 pm

And as for a dynamic trio that were in their prime I'd go back no further than Bird McHale and Parish! West was getting old, Chamberlain and Baylor were a lot closer to the "other" end of their careers.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:01 pm

They won in the Olympics with the best center and the two best point guards in the world playing next to them, against second rate international talent. Big Difference.

As for the rest, I agree that some people in Cleveland are going too far with it - but I still say the truly transcendent stars (Magic, Bird, Jordan, Duncan, Hakeem, Kobe) stay where they started and build a winner there.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:42 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:They won in the Olympics with the best center and the two best point guards in the world playing next to them, against second rate international talent. Big Difference.

As for the rest, I agree that some people in Cleveland are going too far with it - but I still say the truly transcendent stars (Magic, Bird, Jordan, Duncan, Hakeem, Kobe) stay where they started and build a winner there.

Kleen,

They still played unselfish ball and adapted their playing styles to fit in with the team and with each other. Wade even volunteered to come off the bench. They should have no trouble replicating that willingness and attitude in the NBA. Wade and James may be two of the three best all-around talents in the league today so I expect them to hold their own against all comers.

I agree with you about stars of the past staying put, but unfortunately that may be a thing of the past. Kobe, Pierce and Duncan may be among the last to do it.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:05 pm

I agree to an extent NY....I just feel like random superstars thrown together has never worked out. Chemistry is just as important as talent.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:01 am

mrkleen09 wrote:I agree to an extent NY....I just feel like random superstars thrown together has never worked out. Chemistry is just as important as talent.

Kleen,

You're right, that is very true; chemistry is just as important as talent.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:08 am

beat wrote:Dboss

A bit like wwe.

And how much bron had to do with that no one will ever know but he certainly had the power to choose another way.

beat

beat-

I'm with you. No one outside of Cleveland has a problem with the move.

But it seems like most people have a BIG problem with how this whole process was handled. A two week dog and pony show where he strung his fans along, culminating in that one hour ego fest where he announced his decision.

It was amateur hour all the way. A bad joke that rightfully angered the people of Cleveland and a lot of folks with no dog in the race who felt that the way he did the whole thing was just plain wrong.

and dboss- you're wrong about LBJ not being a loser in this process. His rep has taken a Tiger-esque hit that it will never recover from because people have now seen who he really is. The facade has been removed and what lies beneath is not pretty.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:45 am

bsh - ditto!
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:43 pm

babyskyhook wrote:
beat wrote:Dboss

A bit like wwe.

beat

beat-

I'm with you. No one outside of Cleveland has a problem with the move.

But it seems like most people have a BIG problem with how this whole process was handled. A two week dog and pony show where he strung his fans along, culminating in that one hour ego fest where he announced his decision.

It was amateur hour all the way. A bad joke that rightfully angered the people of Cleveland and a lot of folks with no dog in the race who felt that the way he did the whole thing was just plain wrong.

and dboss- you're wrong about LBJ not being a loser in this process. His rep has taken a Tiger-esque hit that it will never recover from because people have now seen who he really is. The facade has been removed and what lies beneath is not pretty.

bsh,

I second worcester's ditto. You got it right.

bob
Is seconding a ditto "ditto squared" or is it a three-fer because the first ditto supported the first post or is it a four-peat because I'm doubling down on the double? I have way too much time to think, I think...

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:51 pm

Sky said it perfect. If George Bailey would have TAKEN Potter's money in that office he would have been somebody else and it would have been a one way street. He knew that and POTTER knew it.

It aint that he left. It is the way he did it...which was a new low for sports.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:25 pm

babyskyhook

Leborn is a winner in this one. He had a chance to choose where he wanted to play and with whom he wanted to play with. He will sign another multi-year contract for millions and I'm sure his sponsers will find more reason to keep his pockets full of cash.

Please tell me how he comes up a loser? Will he be booed more when he comes to Boston? Is it important that he is beloved by the basketball world?

You know something. Players get traded all the time. A lot of times they find out when they are told 'you been traded' No team cares how trading a player will impact them or their family. no one cares if the players goes through emotional turnmoil. Some players find out they have been traded by watching Sportcenter.

The media exploited the whole 2010 free agent saga.

Him anouncing his decision the way he did is really no different than some big time college recruit calling a news conference to announce he will play for the University of whatever. There is no difference.

Lebron made millions for the Cleveland franchise (owner) and stimulated a lot of financial activity for Cleveland in general. They got more than thier money's worth out of him.

His dog and pony show was watched by millions and the proceeds went to the Boys and Girl's club. I would called that a successful venture.

In my opinion it is really nobody's business how he decided to make his announcement and no one can really prove that it was right or wrong... just different.

When the Celtics play the Heat I'm routing for the Celtics so nothing has changed.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:02 am

Dboss - if you dont think Lebron has done MAJOR DAMAGE to his popularity and celebrity, you have not been paying attention to the national media since his decision.

In the long run, people are stupid and as soon as Lebron and Wade score 40 each in the same game....many non interested parties will jump back on the bandwagon. But to suggest that his image is not tarnished because of this fiasco, is extremely short sighted.

He will NEVER be spoken of in the same breath as people like Jordan, Bird, Magic or even Kobe - because he is nothing but a hired gun willing to whore himself out to the highest bidder....while simultaneously embarrassing the girl that brought him to the dance in the first place.

Guy has NO CLASS.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:30 am

markleen

No doubt his image has been tarnished but superstars have a way of coming back.

May I remind you that Lebron took less money to go to the Heat than he could have received to remain a Cav so i don't know where the whore himself out statement comes from. Those are simply Gilbert like comments.

I have no crystal ball so who knows where his legacy will end up. But never say NEVER. A few rings down in South Beach are probable given the 3 headed monster they've assembled. And it is not like Bird and Jordan and Magic or Kobe won a championship by themselves. Those teams were all loaded with talent.

The girl at the dance lost her virginity and and then her dignity because she told the world that she got screwed. Should have kept it to herself. Victimization is a bitch of a spin.

Anyways how do you think the Celtics are setting up for the upcoming season? I like some of the rookies in the summer league and I also like the JO signing.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:39 pm

I agree that no one knows and like I said, as soon as Wade and Lebron have back to back nights where they score 50 each - all the casual fans will forget what a jerk James is and jump back on the bandwagon - but I still say he just hurt his image in the history books.

You are right, Bird Magic Jordan - has more talent, but they also elevated the game of those around them - and more importantly, won by sticking with the team and the city that made them famous. Shaq is a great player and his rings still shine bright - but he would have been a more revered and legendary player if he stayed in Orlando and brought them to multiple championships instead of traveling the league looking for anyone who needed a center.

As for the green team, I think the Celtics look strong so far. Would rather see Sheed retire and be able to use his money and cap room to sign someone else - and then maybe bring Sheed back in March as a stretch run contributor...but otherwise, I like their team.

I think Luke Harangody makes the team to replace Scal. I am not sure about Oliver Lafayette - but I am excited about Avery Bradley - and I think Jermaine O'Neil could be re-energized playing next to KG and Perk instead of against them.

Now lets go get a shooter off the bench and a back up big and lets get after it.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:25 pm

One thing that I haven't read (and I may have missed it) is that with Paul Pierce's new contract, he will be making more than James, Bosh or Wade.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down