dboss
Berlin-T
cowens/oldschool
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ECF vs Heat game 4 Empty ECF vs Heat game 4

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:01 am

I thought I might as well start this now or tomorrow bob and I might start this again on different threads lol. Spolstra is getting a lot more out of his players and doing an amazing job on a team that had a lot less continuity than us. Jimmy Butler’s first year, Robinson and Hero are rookies, Crowder and Igoudala just arrived under the radar a month or so before the official close to the season. Plus they have the unstoppable force Kelly Olynck. You get the point, how are this collection of misfits and rookies playing so well as a team both ends that never beats itself like us in these playoffs? I don’t know, I certainly can’t figure this out. We have 4 great defenders in 2 J’s, Smart and Theis and an athletic defensive freak in RWill, yet their defense with less talent, their zone defense has been getting the best out of our offense, making us look sloppy and undisciplined. Too many times I’m seeing Jaylen and Tatum and Smart and Kemba drive into the heart of the defense and lose the ball, we are not reading the defense right, in game 3 at times we could exploit it enough, but too many times we are turning it the flip over and making dumb drives into traffic.

On offense the Heat have a different guy step up every night, we don’t know who to key on. First 2 games Dragic was burning/scoring on our match up. Then tonight it was Hero, man was he kicking Tatum’s ass in the first half. Was amazing we weren’t behind by 15 or 20, was a miracle it was only 6 at halftime the way we were playing. Game 3 we use Smart on Dragic, then this game they used Dragic and Hero together with Hero at the point, we couldn’t hide Kemba, who was getting scored on like the way I used to see KO get scored on. At crunch time our defense broke down cause we tried to HELP Kemba. Their zone was continuing to give us fits, worst game of the series for Smart, we turned the ball over so many flip* times. Smart took too many shots knew he was cold, so he tried to beat them with the pass and they knew what was coming. GH is trying, he still adds alot, but he’s laboring and not near his mid season form.

As you go deeper into the playoffs, a teams strengths and weaknesses get exposed as teams attack all your weaknesses. Heat sure seem to be attacking one of our players, one of the reasons I hate too much switching leading to swinging the ball back to our weakest defender so many times. Then their zone protects their weakest defenders by not having to defend one on one against our athletes as our guys are also not attacking the seams on the right angles, instead going right into the heart of their defense, usually Bam who is their only interior presence. Amazing defensive job Spolstra has also done. I didn’t think we were ready this year, 2 J’s need to expand their games, still doing too many mental mistakes that you can’t make in the heat of the playoffs. They have the talent, still need alot more seasoning between the ears. Look how poised Hero was tonight and look how many dumb sloppy mistakes our team made. I’m amazed how well Miami plays together, on a team that just joined forces and barely played together for not even a full season. They played smart, hard and together, we played sloppy and dumb too many times throughout the game and Tatum’s elite 2nd half wasn’t enough to carry us.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

ECF vs Heat game 4 Empty Re: ECF vs Heat game 4

Post by Berlin-T Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:35 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
They played smart, hard and together, we played sloppy and dumb too many times throughout the game and Tatum’s elite 2nd half wasn’t enough to carry us.

A perfect summary right there Cow.

So the question:
Are we just too immature?
Or is Brad Stevens not as good as everyone thinks?
Or has Danny put together a flawed team with the acquisition of Kemba Walker?

Anyone have a good answer?

Berlin-T
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:00 am

The final score was a lot closer than the game.

At least half of our 19 turnovers were mental errors.  Classic brain farts characterized by mindless and incoherent attempts at playing basketball.

One team came out ready to play and the other team came out as flat as the world of Kyrie Irving.  It is up to the coach to get his team ready to play and if anyone on the team is not ready to play you have to sit him down.  Tatum came out in the first half as if he has not been taking his ADD medication.  He was unbelievably disconnected from the task at hand.  All it takes is for one guy to be not only on the wrong page but reading the wrong book.  It effects the play of teammates.  This is a coaches decision to let the player continue to infect everything around him.

Tatum did of course bounce back in the 2nd half and finished with 28 points and 9 rebounds but what cannot be erased was his 6 turnovers.  Jaylen Brown also struggled to avoid mistakes.  He ended up with 4 turnovers.  In one unremarkable stretch he drove into the paint twice and turned the ball over because he had nothing else to do.  Then he gets called for a travelling violation down on the baseline.  He shot the ball well scoring 21 points while going 8-14 from the field and 4-7 from deep.  He also grabbed 9 rebounds.  Yet neither him nor Jayson played defense at a level that was needed.

There was a lot of going through the motions activity by them as well as other guys on the team.

Brad is the coach.  He wants to switch everything.  That is not working because Kemba Walker cannot defend his own position let along switch off to defend another position.  Brad's strategy has been completely exposed as a fraud.

Brad also rolled out his no center lineup which did not work on the defensive side of the ball.

RW played well in 12 minutes but in this game Brad should have played him more minutes.  He had 4 rebounds and all of them were on the offensive glass.  Those are real energy played.  Brad subbed him out with :45 seconds left in the 3rd for Grant Williams who played one minute in the game.

The Celtics can win game 5 but they cannot win if they continue the disturbing trend of turning the ball over.  We have a weak link on defense.  Maybe Brad should try playing more zone to help hide Kemba's inability to play even rudimentary defense.  The small ball lineup could not control our defensive glass and it is not a lineup that the Celtics have used much at all this year.  They have a top notch rebounder in Bam so small ball is stupid ball.  Down the stretch when getting a defensive stop is critical you have to pull Kemba out of the lineup.    He cannot defend so why is he in there when we need a defensive stop.  

There is nothing wrong with going offense/defense/offense/defense.

The players did not do there jobs as a collective unit and Brad has not been a great coach during this series.  He cannot seem to motivate them or instill the discipline required.  His team looks ill prepared to overcome all the defensive and offensive schemes being run by Spo.  And once again the Celtics let a guy put up career numbers.  That keeps happening way too much.

So if you want to know who's to blame.  The entire team including the players, coaching staff and Danny Ainge for putting this roster together.

This team has nobody's back to jump on like in 81.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:09 am

Berlin-T wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:
They played smart, hard and together, we played sloppy and dumb too many times throughout the game and Tatum’s elite 2nd half wasn’t enough to carry us.

So the question:
Are we just too immature? probably
Or is Brad Stevens not as good as everyone thinks? maybe
Or has Danny put together a flawed team with the acquisition of Kemba Walker?yes

Berlin-T
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:00 am

Hi,
Last night Celtics should've been renamed to Zeltics (Z as in Zombies)
Pathetic.
I guess, they need one more year to put a winning team on the floor.
As to whom to blame, I'd say coach (most) and players (the rest).

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:15 am

I think that the Cs are playing very "young" at times in the series against Miami. The lousy turnovers show that although they want to pass, they are forcing and hurrying too many of their passes too often.

When they stay settled, their offensive play is much sharper. Passing is better, shooting is better.

Another issue in this series is the fact that the Heat seem to be getting far more offensive rebounds and getting lots more extra chances.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:23 am

There will still be at least one more game.

After this thing of ours is done be prepared to move on and take a hard but objective evaluation of where we are as a team.  No part of this team is exempt.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:24 am

Berlin-T wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:

So the question:
Are we just too immature?
Or is Brad Stevens not as good as everyone thinks?
Or has Danny put together a flawed team with the acquisition of Kemba Walker?

Berlin-T

I love the 2 J’s but they have played a lot of bad basketball, despite putting up good stats. It’s called beating yourself and as dboss also pointed out a lot of this has got to be on coach Brad. How come I don’t see Hero or Robinson driving into the heart of the defense and lose the ball over and over? And I bring up those guys because they have LESS experience than 2 J’s. Spolstra has studied our switching defense and exploited it by attacking the weak link over and over. Somehow he has figured out a way to protect his weak links defensively, while ours gets attacked by his system very well. Both Nurse and Spolstra have ran circles around Brads coaching.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:30 am

wideclyde wrote:I think that the Cs are playing very "young" at times in the series against Miami.  The lousy turnovers show that although they want to pass, they are forcing and hurrying too many of their passes too often.

When they stay settled, their offensive play is much sharper. Passing is better, shooting is better.

Another issue in this series is the fact that the Heat seem to be getting far more offensive rebounds and getting lots more extra chances.
Turnovers are more likely when a team plays free style.  There are not enough set plays.  Coach Stevens reminds me of an absentee parent.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:41 am

I know a lot of fans get upset if you criticize the coach.  Stevens ability to take this team to higher ground remains unknown.

We all hope he can but we just don't know. He aces all the quizzes but always fails the final.  Perhaps his upside is more limited than we care to entertain.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:41 am

dboss wrote:The final score was a lot closer than the game.

At least half of our 19 turnovers were mental errors.  Classic brain farts characterized by mindless and incoherent attempts at playing basketball.

One team came out ready to play and the other team came out as flat as the world of Kyrie Irving.  It is up to the coach to get his team ready to play and if anyone on the team is not ready to play you have to sit him down.  Tatum came out in the first half as if he has not been taking his ADD medication.  He was unbelievably disconnected from the task at hand.  All it takes is for one guy to be not only on the wrong page but reading the wrong book.  It effects the play of teammates.  This is a coaches decision to let the player continue to infect everything around him.

Tatum did of course bounce back in the 2nd half and finished with 28 points and 9 rebounds but what cannot be erased was his 6 turnovers.  Jaylen Brown also struggled to avoid mistakes.  He ended up with 4 turnovers.  In one unremarkable stretch he drove into the paint twice and turned the ball over because he had nothing else to do.  Then he gets called for a travelling violation down on the baseline.  He shot the ball well scoring 21 points while going 8-14 from the field and 4-7 from deep.  He also grabbed 9 rebounds.  Yet neither him nor Jayson played defense at a level that was needed.

There was a lot of going through the motions activity by them as well as other guys on the team.

Brad is the coach.  He wants to switch everything.  That is not working because Kemba Walker cannot defend his own position let along switch off to defend another position.  Brad's strategy has been completely exposed as a fraud.

Brad also rolled out his no center lineup which did not work on the defensive side of the ball.

RW played well in 12 minutes but in this game Brad should have played him more minutes.  He had 4 rebounds and all of them were on the offensive glass.  Those are real energy played.  Brad subbed him out with :45 seconds left in the 3rd for Grant Williams who played one minute in the game.

The Celtics can win game 5 but they cannot win if they continue the disturbing trend of turning the ball over.  We have a weak link on defense.  Maybe Brad should try playing more zone to help hide Kemba's inability to play even rudimentary defense.  The small ball lineup could not control our defensive glass and it is not a lineup that the Celtics have used much at all this year.  They have a top notch rebounder in Bam so small ball is stupid ball.  Down the stretch when getting a defensive stop is critical you have to pull Kemba out of the lineup.    He cannot defend so why is he in there when we need a defensive stop.  

There is nothing wrong with going offense/defense/offense/defense.

The players did not do there jobs as a collective unit and Brad has not been a great coach during this series.  He cannot seem to motivate them or instill the discipline required.  His team looks ill prepared to overcome all the defensive and offensive schemes being run by Spo.  And once again the Celtics let a guy put up career numbers.  That keeps happening way too much.

So if you want to know who's to blame.  The entire team including the players, coaching staff and Danny Ainge for putting this roster together.

This team has nobody's back to jump on like in 81.

Very accurate post at all levels, I too was liking what RWill was giving us and wanted more minutes from him. On those possessions where we gave up 4 offensive rebounds in a row, he wasn’t on the floor. Brad cannot motivate or instill the discipline needed, in other words we make the dumbest plays/turnovers way too much and their team just came together end of this season and they don’t ever beat themselves according to my eye test. We are seeing Brad cannot in fact come up with enough in game effective strategy during the game, let alone have his team stop turning the god damn ball over and over like a bunch of rookies too small for this stage of playoff basketball.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:02 am

Berlin T, Cow, Dboss, Wide Clyde, KDP, Sinus - you are all 100% correct. If you can see it, and my girlfriend can see it, then surely Danny must see these same flaws as well. This is a shame really. Kemba has flaws on D, no question, but a better coach would deal with that in a better manner. We give up too many offensive rebounds, but a better coach would use RWill more effectively. The two J's are boneheads at times, and a better coach would bark at them more constructively when needed. Brad has really disappointed me, and the players too, but in the end, as Mike Dukakis once said, "the fish smells from the head." Danny needs to tweak the roster, and if I were him, I'd take Brad to coaching school or else replace him for next season.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by BingBang! Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:38 am

Danny was on the radio this morning basically blaming the players and defending the coach. Turnovers. Driving is a good way to beat the zone as shown in game 3 but when the d collapses and protects the rim (game 4) how about a pull up jumper instead of dribbling into a crowd? Maybe Stevens coaches to go to the rim no matter the number of guys covering and look for the dump off pass which they were trying but Miami seemed to anticipate. On Kemba getting picked on on d Danny said maybe putting in two 7’ers helps but limits the O. He said they went small because that’s their best lineup in terms of player talent.
BingBang!
BingBang!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:47 am

Thanks to Cowens for starting this thread.  Nobody needs to, nor should, wait on me to express themselves on this board.

19 turnovers, 11 by halftime, more than a few of them just plain dumb decisions.  Jaylen had all 4 of his turnovers by halftime and Jayson had 3 of his 6 by the half.  

Tatum with the worst half of his career.  He looked like a rookie (as opposed to Tyler Herro who is a rookie and looked like an All-Star).  His 6 turnovers hurt us badly.  He also was repeatedly getting beat on drives by Butler and Herro, he just didn't stay in front of them.  I can sorta understand Herro, he's quick, but not being able to stay in front of Butler?

Kemba is awful on defense.  He can't defend his position nor can he defend other positions.  I had a texting back-and-forth last night after the game with Steve3344 about possible trades for Kemba, that's how done I am with him.

As bad as Kemba was on defense Marcus Smart was at least that bad on offense.  3-12, 1-8 from 3 and some of them just incredibly poor decisions.  He was throwing up 3s, even though he was stone-cold from 3, with tons of time on the clock and without even trying to run a play.  He was 2-7, 1-4 from 3, at the half but ended up 3-12 and 1-8.  That's a 1-5 2nd half, going 0-4 from 3.  Tatum finally found his rhythm but his efforts were negated with the pure excrement of Smart's personal offense.  He passed well but his shot selections left much to be desired.  I can understand him throwing up 7 fgas in the 1st half, somebody had to fill the hole created by Tatum's inabilities to score, but he was off the hook for that in the 2nd half.  It is rare for me to assign blame for losing a big game to Smart, as we know he has made so many winning plays, but this game is one of them.

They beat us to so many balls because their energy level and focus was higher than ours.

We shot 47.6%, 35% from 3.  They shot 42.9% and 27% from 3.  But they had 9 more fgas than us.  Those additional fgas came from our sloppiness.  We gave up 17 points off of our live turnovers and only got back 9 from them.  There's the game, right there, live turnovers.  Poor decision making, passing the ball right to them.

Bam is 23 and in his 3rd year.  Herro won't be 20 years old until January.  Duncan Robinson is 26 years old but is only in his 2nd NBA season, coming out of the G-league.  They have steady veterans like Butler and Dragic and Iggy, but their spark is youth.  Where's the spark from our youth?  Romeo, GWill, etal?  

We've known our lack of scoring off the bench was a weakness.  It was never more clear than Tyler Herro coming off of Spoelstra's bench and croaking us.  This is a scorer's league now, we must adapt or die.  Don't draft another "defense only, 3-and-D" player Danny, we've already got too many of them.

https://www.espn.com/nba/matchup?gameId=401247145

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:24 am

bobheckler wrote:Thanks to Cowens for starting this thread.  Nobody needs to, nor should, wait on me to express themselves on this board.

19 turnovers, 11 by halftime, more than a few of them just plain dumb decisions.  Jaylen had all 4 of his turnovers by halftime and Jayson had 3 of his 6 by the half.  

Tatum with the worst half of his career.  He looked like a rookie (as opposed to Tyler Herro who is a rookie and looked like an All-Star).  His 6 turnovers hurt us badly.  He also was repeatedly getting beat on drives by Butler and Herro, he just didn't stay in front of them.  I can sorta understand Herro, he's quick, but not being able to stay in front of Butler?

Kemba is awful on defense.  He can't defend his position nor can he defend other positions.  I had a texting back-and-forth last night after the game with Steve3344 about possible trades for Kemba, that's how done I am with him.

As bad as Kemba was on defense Marcus Smart was at least that bad on offense.  3-12, 1-8 from 3 and some of them just incredibly poor decisions.  He was throwing up 3s, even though he was stone-cold from 3, with tons of time on the clock and without even trying to run a play.  He was 2-7, 1-4 from 3, at the half but ended up 3-12 and 1-8.  That's a 1-5 2nd half, going 0-4 from 3.  Tatum finally found his rhythm but his efforts were negated with the pure excrement of Smart's personal offense.  He passed well but his shot selections left much to be desired.  I can understand him throwing up 7 fgas in the 1st half, somebody had to fill the hole created by Tatum's inabilities to score, but he was off the hook for that in the 2nd half.  It is rare for me to assign blame for losing a big game to Smart, as we know he has made so many winning plays, but this game is one of them.

They beat us to so many balls because their energy level and focus was higher than ours.

We shot 47.6%, 35% from 3.  They shot 42.9% and 27% from 3.  But they had 9 more fgas than us.  Those additional fgas came from our sloppiness.  We gave up 17 points off of our live turnovers and only got back 9 from them.  There's the game, right there, live turnovers.  Poor decision making, passing the ball right to them.

Bam is 23 and in his 3rd year.  Herro won't be 20 years old until January.  Duncan Robinson is 26 years old but is only in his 2nd NBA season, coming out of the G-league.  They have steady veterans like Butler and Dragic and Iggy, but their spark is youth.  Where's the spark from our youth?  Romeo, GWill, etal?  

We've known our lack of scoring off the bench was a weakness.  It was never more clear than Tyler Herro coming off of Spoelstra's bench and croaking us.  This is a scorer's league now, we must adapt or die.  Don't draft another "defense only, 3-and-D" player Danny, we've already got too many of them.

https://www.espn.com/nba/matchup?gameId=401247145

bob

There is a saying that your only as strong as your weakest link, so we have enough strengths and talent to get us to ECF’s, but now at this stage our deficiencies are being exposed by a great coach with an emerging backcourt and backcourt star. Playing Kemba on Hero, Dragic or Butler obviously doesn’t work. I would stick Kemba on Robinson, he’s basically a catch and shoot player, not gonna kill you with the drive or creating like Dragic and the rest can do. Jaylen I would stick on Butler, can’t believe the depth of Hero’s game, he’s not JJ Redick, lights out shooter and can create and finish with abudence of speed. If we had Hero coming off the bench, we’d be the next dynasty with all our other parts in place. flip* Riley got us again....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:16 pm

All that said, but just a couple of balls and calls go the other way and we're up 3-1. That's how close this series is. All the zones and turnovers don't change that fact. And this is against a team that handed MIL their asses on a platter. All their victories bar one were double figures and weren't even that close.

We're at the latter stages of the tractor pull with this series. The weight is near the front axle now so it is not an easy cakewalk for the Celtics. 3 games in a row or the engine blows. This is not a stretch however, as with all our atrocities exposed, we're not even getting blown out. Let's see what we do Friday before throwing in the proverbial towel on the whole operation.

"I'm gonna leave y'all with one thought and then I'm gonna leave. I'm a big believer in fate. I have a good feeling about this."

Ben Crenshaw, Captain for the US Ryder Cup Team 1999 being down 10-6 going into Sunday. That's pretty much insurmountable in Ryder Cup play. US Team was FAR more talented than the Euro's. US mounted the greatest comeback in Ryder Cup history and won 14 1/2 to 13 1/2 that Sunday.

dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:19 pm

Thanks for the encouragement dbrown
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:01 pm

Bing Bang..

great point about pulling up for jumpers in the paint instead of forcing things.  I was thinking the exact same thing on two of Jaylen empty drives and subsequent turnovers

Danny has a lot of splaining to do.  Simply putting your best 5 on the court together has nothing to do with what a team needs at a particular point during the game.  How many offensive rebounds do you have to give up before the coach can make a judgement that we are too small?

Bob

The idea that the Celtics should explore trading options to move Kemba crossed my mind as well.  I guess I am not totally crazy.  Good luck trying to find a trading partner for a one-way PG on a max contract.  

Cowens

Trying to find a suitable defensive matchup for Kemba is not easy.  Robinson is a catch and shoot guy so at least Kemba would not be taken off the dribble as much but because Brad is locked into switching everything Kemba will end up getting burnt on thoses switches.  

Coach spo is smart enough to realize that their best chance to stop us is to play zones.  The entire NBA knows this because this team as well as previous teams coached by Stevens has struggled against zone defense.  

So just maybe, one way to strengthen that weak link, is to play some zone yourself.  

All of the players know they did not do their jobs.  That does not mean they can be expected to do their jobs in game 5.  I am not sure that people fully appreciate how players respond to different coaches.  And at times, I wonder if Brad really has the ear of his players.  They pretty much do whatever the hell they want to do and when things go south there is no accountability.

I know one thing for certain, the players are not doing their jobs but at the same time Brad may not inspire them to do their jobs.

Again I refer to the very candid comments from our best player (JT) Like he said, coach K is a leader and he did not take any crap.  He would cuss you out, bang on the floor and players responded to that.  He said he would run through a brick wall for coach k.  He said Brad was an X's and O' coach.  My interpretation is that Brad Stevens is an empty shirt.  There was no passion from JT when describing who Brad Stevens was to him. There was no emotional connection as it relates to inspiration.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:25 pm

dbrown4 wrote:All that said, but just a couple of balls and calls go the other way and we're up 3-1.  That's how close this series is.  All the zones and turnovers don't change that fact.  And this is against a team that handed MIL their asses on a platter.  All their victories bar one were double figures and weren't even that close.  

We're at the latter stages of the tractor pull with this series.  The weight is near the front axle now so it is not an easy cakewalk for the Celtics.  3 games in a row or the engine blows.  This is not a stretch however, as with all our atrocities exposed, we're not even getting blown out.  Let's see what we do Friday before throwing in the proverbial towel on the whole operation.  

"I'm gonna leave y'all with one thought and then I'm gonna leave.  I'm a big believer in fate.  I have a good feeling about this."

Ben Crenshaw, Captain for the US Ryder Cup Team 1999 being down 10-6 going into Sunday.  That's pretty much insurmountable in Ryder Cup play.  US Team was FAR more talented than the Euro's.  US mounted the greatest comeback in Ryder Cup history and won 14 1/2 to 13 1/2 that Sunday.  

dbrown

We need your voice at times like this when the end of the rope is approaching. The odds are certainly against us to win the series but we just need to win game 5 for now. That is the bright side of this mess.

Unfortunately for me, I have lost confidence in this team in terms of knowing that they will come out and play the right way in game 5. I am just as skeptical that coach Stevens can match whatever Spo comes up with. That is my dilemma.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:51 pm

My gal is a new to the scene passionate Celtics fan. When she saw Brad talking to his players during a crucial time out she could not believe (as an avid Ohio State Buckeyes fan) how little energy, enthusiasm, and inspiration he brought to the huddle. This failing plus his inability to adjust to the opponent's tactics makes me want to end his tenure here. For our sake I hope Gordon takes many of Daniel's minutes and can help us win three more games this series.

Does anyone else think Sam Mitchell would be a good coach for us? Any other ideas?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:14 pm

Don't get me wrong. I feel as you guys feel. This has been a disappointing ECF so far. Probably way more gut wrenching than it needs to be. But we aren't missing by very much. Some will say this is the difference between success and failure...inches. MIA is in no way dominating this series. Not by any stretch. They dominated MIL. We don't deserve this drubbing for sure. Unfortunately, that's the way the playoffs are set up...the first team to win 4 games moves on. Your opponent can win all 4 games by 1 point and in your three games you win by 100. You're still at home watching the next round.

BTW, Ben Crenshaw made those fateful comments in all places...Brookline, Massachusetts, just 21 miles outside of you know where!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:19 pm

1960 World Series. Yankees dominated in three games. Pittsburgh won 4 squeakers.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:26 pm

Hi,
Interesting similarity/coincidence. Two teams, Celtics and Clippers, that were favorites are disintegrating in front of our eyes.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:27 pm

Ainge just signed Brad to an extension, fans may want to replace the HC, but that isn't on the table.

Ainge doesn't have a lot of wiggle room to make over the roster this off-season, except trades (unless one thinks the #14, 26 and 30 draft picks will be any help).

I did just realize that dboss predicted this series would last 5 games...perhaps he was spot on yet again!!

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:31 pm

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
Interesting similarity/coincidence. Two teams, Celtics and Clippers, that were favorites are disintegrating in front of our eyes.

AK

Our 3rd ECF finals in 4 years. No Lebron to blame. The Celtics own this one, lock, stock and turnover!
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next