dboss
Berlin-T
cowens/oldschool
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ECF vs Heat game 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: ECF vs Heat game 4

Post by Berlin-T Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:33 pm

BingBang! wrote:Danny was on the radio this morning basically blaming the players and defending the coach. Turnovers. Driving is a good way to beat the zone as shown in game 3 but when the d collapses and protects the rim (game 4) how about a pull up jumper instead of dribbling into a crowd? Maybe Stevens coaches to go to the rim no matter the number of guys covering and look for the dump off pass which they were trying but Miami seemed to anticipate. On Kemba getting picked on on d Danny said maybe putting in two 7’ers helps but limits the O. He said they went small because that’s their best lineup in terms of player talent.

Well if that's Danny's opinion, we have an even bigger problem than I thought.
There's no way to get rid of Danny is there?

Berlin-T
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:36 pm

And another thing. We beat the COY. Straight up.

And another thing. It took ALL of Tyler Herro's 37 points to win. ALL OF THEM..as "Herroic" as that was. He misses one 3-pointer and the ball bounces the other way..."I say, come on, Man!! One or two plays. That's ridiculous, Gus! (One of my favorite comedians, btw!)

Somebody(ies) has(have) got to be running out of steam and everything over there. It certainly isn't us. We've half-assed it all the way to this point PLUS now we've gotten OG back who put up 14 last night! I've got a good feeling about this...I'm just sayin'!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:02 pm

You guys have pretty much covered the spectrum. The only thing I would add has already been touched on, but I think deserves emphasis. Robinson and Herro don't drive blindly into traffic because they can shoot the lights out. We have guys that can shoot, but no pure shooters. Tatum is the closest thing, but we desperately need to draft or trade for pure shooters. We need a guy or two that hits shots consistently and demands attention on the perimeter. We also need to find out if Robert Williams is "that guy " or not. .Theis and Grant Williams are limited and Kanter is an occassional matchup guy. Ainge's history of drafting bigs is horrible, and Stevens big man substitution patterns are headscratchers. Brad's placid persona may have run its course in beantown.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:09 pm

dbrown, I am right with you. I have feelings about what has happened during this series, every player bears some responsibility for what has happened.

STILL....I feel tomorrow is another game, I will be sitting there with my radio going, my tv on mute, and may take a night off from the forum. I will watch every minute of the game, hell it could possibly be my last Boston basketball until 2021, that makes me sick. But, I will be there,
and I won't give up. I refuse to give up. Sean Grande said last night, right after Jaylen had hit his three, that these teams have played almost even until they pulled away last night. Sure, Tatum was horrible in the first half, turnovers were awful, and team ball just was not being played, and we were "THIS CLOSE' to taking this away.

I have never ever been one who rips players apart as they are all responsible for what went on. I hope they come out tomorrow night, play their heads off, and walk off the court with dignity, win lose or draw. This is who I am, always and forever a die hard Celtic fan.

I am not a guru, a coach, and have never played the game. But, they have seen me thru the worst times of my life and I won't give up on them now.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:33 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:You guys have pretty much covered the spectrum. The only thing I would add has already been touched on, but I think deserves emphasis. Robinson and  Herro don't drive blindly into traffic because they can shoot the lights out. We have guys that can shoot, but no pure shooters. Tatum is the closest thing, but we desperately need to draft or trade for pure shooters. We need a guy or two that hits shots  consistently   and demands attention on the perimeter. We also need to find out if Robert Williams is "that guy " or not. .Theis and Grant Williams are limited and Kanter is an occassional matchup guy. Ainge's history of drafting bigs is horrible, and Stevens big man  substitution patterns are headscratchers. Brad's placid persona may have run its course in beantown.

Brad signed an extension so he is not going anywhere unless a mutiny takes place.

But the clock is ticking. What was supposed to be a 5 year rebuild is now in year 7 with Stevens as the coach. This years team lacked quality depth as it was stocked with 4 draft picks, an undrafted free agent (Tacko) and 2 players with no NBA experience (Poirier and Green) That's on Danny.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:46 pm

Berlin-T wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:
They played smart, hard and together, we played sloppy and dumb too many times throughout the game and Tatum’s elite 2nd half wasn’t enough to carry us.

A perfect summary right there Cow.

So the question:
Are we just too immature?
Or is Brad Stevens not as good as everyone thinks?
Or has Danny put together a flawed team with the acquisition of Kemba Walker?

Anyone have a good answer?

Berlin-T

Berlin,

My guess and answer to those three questions is 'it is too soon to say.'

I think we're looking at a young and developing team. I also believe the Celtics have made it a little farther than most would have guessed this year. There is a good core in place and a little more building to be done.

Since I believe this isn't a finished product perhaps the maturity answer could be immature yes, but maturing quickly.

The team is getting there. If I may borrow a line from our friend MrKleen I'd also say "patience."

I think I can also paraphrase a line from Monty Python and say "we're not quite dead yet."

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:03 pm

NYCelt wrote:
Berlin-T wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:
They played smart, hard and together, we played sloppy and dumb too many times throughout the game and Tatum’s elite 2nd half wasn’t enough to carry us.

A perfect summary right there Cow.

So the question:
Are we just too immature?
Or is Brad Stevens not as good as everyone thinks?
Or has Danny put together a flawed team with the acquisition of Kemba Walker?

Anyone have a good answer?

Berlin-T

Berlin,

My guess and answer to those three questions is 'it is too soon to say.'

I think we're looking at a young and developing team. I also believe the Celtics have made it a little farther than most would have guessed this year. There is a good core in place and a little more building to be done.

Since I believe this isn't a finished product perhaps the maturity answer could be immature yes, but maturing quickly.

The team is getting there. If I may borrow a line from our friend MrKleen I'd also say "patience."

I think I can also paraphrase a line from Monty Python and say "we're not quite dead yet."

Regards

That was my thinking too that we weren’t ready yet, thought we were still developing, thought we needed a better defensive board eating big. Now I realize our defense is suspect, I’m from the old school, don’t you need at least one big that can avg 10 boards a night to be a real championship caliber team? I still pray that RWill can stay healthy and develop fast and show us he can become that big, we have seen during this season opposing bigs having monster games against us. Having said all that I still wanted us to go as far as possible and pisses me off that the team we are playing was just put together during this season, came out of nowhere and we are the superior team talent wise, but they have baffled us because either our coach can’t handle all the clever shit being thrown at us or the players choke with too many dumb plays. We could so easily be up 3-1 right now and you can’t give games away in the playoffs. I thought we worked out the kinks, gained valuable playoff experience in Raptor series then we make bad play after bad play in this series. Hey Brad learn a counter to the box 1, learn a counter to them doubling Tatum or Kemba right away....this team is young, but we should have been much better prepared, maybe it’s on the players, they need to play a lot smarter.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:06 pm

Man did anyone see the boxscore of the game? That Heat coach is a genius, Kelly Olynck got a big zero floor time, not even one minute. He was the X factor, this series Marc Gasol, if he keeps KO glued to the bench, we have no chance....damn, that coach is too smart.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2