+3
dbrown4
dboss
NYCelt
7 posters

Go down

Tristan Thompson out - Hamstring Empty Tristan Thompson out - Hamstring

Post by NYCelt Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:09 pm

Brad Stevens announced Tristan Thompson will miss most of training camp with a hamstring injury.

They're hopeful he's ready for opening night.

It's like a bad recruiting poster motto - 'Join the Celtics. Get injured.'

NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Tristan Thompson out - Hamstring Empty Re: Tristan Thompson out - Hamstring

Post by dboss Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:13 pm

Lol

It does seem that way
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:17 am

No seeming about it! He'll catch on.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:22 am

I must have a bad memory, but I don't remember any of the Lakers or Celtics being injured for any significant length of time back through all of the 80's. And if they were injured, they never said anything about it or made it public. They kept playing like McHale did on his broken foot. They waited until the end of the season to repair it or retire!

"Those days are gone my friend, we thought they'd never end."

Anyone? Anyone?!!

It's actually pretty complicated!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:35 am

A hamstring injury can be quite severe, but if Thompson is due back in a couple of weeks I would think that this is not a major injury. Give him some time to recover correctly so that he can be ready for the season.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:36 am

dbrown4 wrote:I must have a bad memory, but I don't remember any of the Lakers or Celtics being injured for any significant length of time back through all of the 80's.  And if they were injured, they never said anything about it or made it public.  They kept playing like McHale did on his broken foot.  They waited until the end of the season to repair it or retire!  

"Those days are gone my friend, we thought they'd never end."

Anyone?  Anyone?!!

It's actually pretty complicated!

db

Oh, my friend, we're older but no wiser
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same...

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:52 pm

He probably injured it in 2018 and dumb ass Danny didn’t know about that either. Of course I’m exaggerating but These things and other snafus are no accidents. Let’s face it we have an incompetent GM. Period.

#peterprinciple

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:36 pm

Ktron wrote:He probably injured it in 2018 and dumb ass Danny didn’t know about that either. Of course I’m exaggerating but These things and other snafus are no accidents. Let’s face it we have an incompetent GM. Period.

#peterprinciple

ktron you are too funny. It's not Danny's fault. He got off on the wrong foot when he took over in 2003 and proceeded to add Raef Lafrentz to the roster. Don't be so hard on Danny. He likes to blow through red lights and ignores red flags.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:09 pm

dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:He probably injured it in 2018 and dumb ass Danny didn’t know about that either. Of course I’m exaggerating but These things and other snafus are no accidents. Let’s face it we have an incompetent GM. Period.

#peterprinciple

ktron you are too funny.  It's not Danny's fault.  He got off on the wrong foot when he took over in 2003 and proceeded to add  Raef Lafrentz to the roster.  Don't be so hard on Danny.  He likes to blow through red lights and ignores red flags.  

Those sound like firing offenses to me or at the very least he should be given what we used to get in the Boston Public Schools when we acted out he should be given “The stick” and made to stand in the corner. :>)

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:57 pm

Ktron hold out your hand..

Shawop, Shawop, shawop
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:48 pm

dboss wrote:Ktron hold out your hand..

Shawop, Shawop, shawop

As you place the stick back into the jar of vinegar and i make like it didn’t hurt at all. lol

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:58 pm

Ktron wrote:

Shawop, Shawop, shawop

As you place the stick back into the jar of vinegar and i make like it didn’t hurt at all. lol

man that is crazy memory. BPS where kids were subject to child abuse. Better hope no call goes to mom.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:12 pm

dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:

Shawop, Shawop, shawop

man that is crazy memory.  BPS where kids were subject to child abuse.  Better hope no call  goes to mom.  

I used to have a 2nd grade teacher who would take her pencil and place the point of it under your chin and then push upward. 7 yr old Kids bleeding in the classroom. True story.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:04 pm

Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:

Shawop, Shawop, shawop

man that is crazy memory.  BPS where kids were subject to child abuse.  Better hope no call  goes to mom.  

I used to have a 2nd grade teacher who would take her pencil and place the point of it under your chin and then push upward. 7 yr old Kids bleeding in the classroom. True story.

Ktron

Kids got the smart phones now with the number for child services locked in! Is it too late to sue?? Lol
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by BaronV Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:23 am

dbrown4 wrote:I must have a bad memory, but I don't remember any of the Lakers or Celtics being injured for any significant length of time back through all of the 80's.  And if they were injured, they never said anything about it or made it public.  They kept playing like McHale did on his broken foot.  They waited until the end of the season to repair it or retire!  

db

Back then, the typical attitude in sports was 'rub some dirt in it.' Players prided themselves on playing through pain, and the teams seemed to encourage it. This led to a lot of early ends to careers. Players like Bird and McHale played hurt all the time, and both retired early. In baseball, guys like Don Mattingly, who should have been a Hall of Famer, had to retire early due to chronic injuries they didn't properly manage. Football may have the worst record on this, with the CTE issues that have come to light after allowing concussed players to get back out on the field.

But back then, players didn't get 10 year contracts for $300M. Teams didn't have to worry about losing that kind of money. Bird's contract in 1986 was $1.8M, on a 5 year contract. Likewise, Mattingly was on a 5 year, $19M total contract in 1990. At that level of investment, teams were more likely to encourage players to get out there and play. By contrast, Mike Trout is signed to a 12 year, $426M contract, and he always seems to be hurt. Teams aren't going to take a risk on making an injury worse with a player on that kind of deal, and are much more careful about letting injuries fully heal, and having players sit out with minor injuries before they become major ones. You hear guys say 'in high school, I would have played through it'. They would have played through it 30 years ago too, but not anymore.

In addition to the teams trying to protect their investments, the players and their agents are also thinking about those giant contracts when it comes to injuries. Even if the player is still on their rookie contract, the agent is going to recommend they sit if they're hurt, rather than run the risk of turning that minor injury into a major one that will effect future earning potential. The big money in contracts now has changed this from an attitude of 'I'm tough enough to play through it' to 'I'm making an investment in my future by sitting out'.

BaronV

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:43 am

Let's face it. Some of us on this site might actually see the NBA's 1st Billion Dollar contract.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:46 pm

dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:

Shawop, Shawop, shawop

Ktron

Kids got the smart phones now with the number for child services locked in!  Is it too late to sue??  Lol

Her name was Ms.Tobin and she is dead and stinking by now. My mother was a Boston Public School Teacher. I told her about it and Crabby Appleton Tobin never Laid hands on me again.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down