There may be no Raptor come Thursday

5 posters

Go down

There may be no Raptor come Thursday Empty There may be no Raptor come Thursday

Post by Ktron Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:49 am

Toronto’s game against Da Bulls has been postponed today. Not enough to suit up.
Siakim and 8 coaches will not be available for our game on Thursday if it happens at all according to reports.

Stand by

Ktron

Back to top Go down

There may be no Raptor come Thursday Empty Re: There may be no Raptor come Thursday

Post by gyso Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:42 pm

Raptors' virus issues worsen, game vs. Bulls called off

https://sports.yahoo.com/raptors-virus-issues-worsen-game-160817698.html

Sun, February 28, 2021, 11:08 AM

The Toronto Raptors' issues with the coronavirus have worsened, prompting the NBA to call off their game scheduled for Sunday night against the Chicago Bulls.

The league said the Raptors are dealing with positive test results, without disclosing how many, and that combined with ongoing contact tracing issues meant they would not have the league-required eight players available to play.

Toronto played Friday without head coach Nick Nurse, several other assistants and staffers and starting forward Pascal Siakam because of virus-related issues. Assistant coach Sergio Scariolo coached the team to a win over Houston and was in line to coach again Sunday.

All NBA players and coaches are tested daily. The Raptors used 12 players on Friday and had 14 listed as available to play that night. For Sunday's game, Siakam was the only player who had been listed on Saturday's injury report as out because of health and safety protocols - which indicates that results that came back on Saturday either showed more problems, or the contact tracing investigations showed that players had been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19 and may have to quarantine.

The Raptors-Bulls game is the 30th to be postponed so far this season because of COVID-19 testing or contact tracing.

Chicago had traveled to Tampa on Saturday for the game and after the postponement was announced changed its travel plans to fly back home Sunday afternoon. The Bulls are scheduled to play Monday at home against Denver.

Toronto's next game, for now anyway, is scheduled to be Tuesday against Detroit.

Back to top Go down

There may be no Raptor come Thursday Empty Re: There may be no Raptor come Thursday

Post by dboss Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:34 pm

Real possibility that  our Thursday game against the Raptors will be postponed.   The Celtics can use that time to "practice"

I am going to get my first jab of the Pfizer on Tuesday after multiple failures to schedule an appointment.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:04 pm

dboss wrote:Real possibility that  our Thursday game against the Raptors will be postponed.   The Celtics can use that time to "practice"

I am going to get my first jab of the Pfizer on Tuesday after multiple failures to schedule an appointment.

Had my 2nd jab of Pfizer last Friday. No side effects. Just a little soreness where she stabbed me.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:49 pm

Great news
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:55 am

Looks like this game is still on as of right now.  ESPN/League hasn't called it yet.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:00 pm

Got my first jab at a drive through being manned by the National Guard. It was very efficient. I hope everyone gets vaccinated as soon as possible.

I started looking at airlines tickets for my trip home to Boston. I will remain masked up, etc. but it is time to live a normal life again.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:43 pm

dboss wrote:Got my first jab at a drive through being manned by the National Guard.  It was very efficient.  I hope everyone gets vaccinated as soon as possible.

I started looking at airlines tickets for my trip home to Boston.  I will remain masked up, etc. but it is time to live a normal life again.  

Going to go see the grand-kids?

That should be very nice.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down