Raptor GM Fined $25k By League For Saying "F*** Brooklyn"

5 posters

Go down

Raptor GM Fined $25k By League For Saying "F*** Brooklyn" Empty Raptor GM Fined $25k By League For Saying "F*** Brooklyn"

Post by bobheckler Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:47 pm

If they don't win tonight he'll probably get hit with another one tomorrow because he'll be saying it again.

Masai Ujiri Fined $25,000 By NBA For Saying 'F*** Brooklyn'
Apr 21, 2014 10:09 PM EDT

Masai Ujiri has been fined $25,000 by the NBA for "using obscene language in a public setting."

Ujiri said "F*** Brooklyn" during a pregame rally for the Toronto Raptors.

The Raptors lost to the Nets in Game 1.

Via RealGM Staff Report

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Raptor GM Fined $25k By League For Saying "F*** Brooklyn" Empty Re: Raptor GM Fined $25k By League For Saying "F*** Brooklyn"

Post by Sam Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:07 pm

In the old days, many players aspired ever to reach that level in yearly salary.  And this guy can just blow it out of a nostril.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Raptor GM Fined $25k By League For Saying "F*** Brooklyn" Empty Re: Raptor GM Fined $25k By League For Saying "F*** Brooklyn"

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:32 pm

Look at these crazy "double technical" calls. The league is making a ton fining guys. Last night Doc and JO went at it, and both got hit. I think there was something personal there.

Anyway, the way it is going, they are making ridiculous calls. I don't think they have any regard for $. I will say, one they warned Sully when he had five techs, he quoted down for the rest of the year.

I think the money should go to a fund for older players who have health issues? I know, it will never happen

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:11 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Look at these crazy "double technical" calls. The league is making a ton fining guys.  Last night Doc and JO went at it, and both got hit.  I think there was something personal there.

Anyway, the way it is going, they are making ridiculous calls.  I don't think they have any regard for $.  I will say, one they warned Sully when he had five techs, he quoted down for the rest of the year.

I think the money should go to a fund for older players who have health issues?  I know, it will never happen

Rosalie

Rosalie,

The league does not make a dime from technical fouls.
All the money is donated to charities.

109. How much are players fined for technical fouls and ejections? Where does the money go?

The money from technical fouls and ejections is split evenly between charities of the league's and players association's choosing.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q109

Giving out technicals is a necessary part of the game.
If the league didn't the referees would be challenged all game long.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:48 pm

Do not think I don't think they belong, of course they do however, it gets crazy at times. Doc was baiting that ref last night, and it was obvious that O'Neil wasn't taking his garbage.

I am glad to find out that the money is used for charity.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:45 pm

Good to know the morons running the league aren't lining their pockets with it.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:23 pm

k_j_88 wrote:Good to know the morons running the league aren't lining their pockets with it.

KJ

Who are the morons who run the league?
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:40 pm

Rosalie, I believe that Sully's ability to recognize the path down which he was heading and to do something constructive about it was one of the most understated positive outcomes of the past season. The guy dealt with both that and his personal issues in a stand-up manner, and he is one smart player both on and off the floor.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:44 pm

Yes Sam, his attitude changed around that time. I think Dad had a lot to do with it, but, if you saw the interview at. The end of the year, Mom has a pretty big influence on him too. A well grounded kid, as far as I am concerned, a keeper

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:45 pm

tjmakz wrote:

Who are the morons who run the league?

The successors to the Stern regime of course.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down