my thoughts about various players for trade.

+10
Ktron
Vankisa
RosalieTCeltics
cowens/oldschool
tjmakz
dbrown4
dboss
jrleftfoot
bobheckler
kdp59
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

my thoughts about various players for trade. - Page 3 Empty Re: my thoughts about various players for trade.

Post by dboss Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:15 pm

kdp59 wrote:
dboss wrote:Re: Al Horford opts out; to become free agent
Post by dboss Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:34 pm

If Boston had the CAP space as a result of AH gone I would like to see them go after

Nikola Vucevic. 20 PPG and 12 rebound and 3.8 assists. They would still need to add a beast at PF.

I maintain that Boston should have signed Vuc back in 2019.  I think that opportunity slipped past Danny.  It aggravates me that we are seeing his name pop up in trade rumors because he could have been signed as a UFA.

I'm not sure Boston had the cap space, because they brought in Kemba under a sign and trade . we ended up re-signing Rozier in a sign and trade to Charlotte. I believe that's how Boston got Kemba under his max deal, it was a trade with Rozier going out.

but I do think Ainge COULD have signed Vucevic, IF he renounced Rozier first. it appears the cap space would have been there for Vuc then.

of course we would have had a big void at PG also in that case with the MLE (which was used for kanter) as the only means to add a PG.

Coulda= yes it seems so

Woulda= Ainge didn't

Shoulda= that's why we all discuss this stuff...LOL.

kdp59

At this point I am actually less concerned about the center spot. I know, I know..

But I have seen more than a glimmer from our 3 headed center rotation as of late. If Brad Stevens can figure out how to use 3 centers with varying skill sets, the team could be okay. I do think that Theis would need to split time at PF and Center for this rotation to work. The emergence of RW alters the rotation and the quality of his play demands more minutes.

If we can add a bench scorer that will be just fine. The big TPE by virtual of the $$$ it represents is something more than a bench guy. Maybe he uses the $5 million TPE and a player to land a veteran that can help us immediately.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

my thoughts about various players for trade. - Page 3 Empty Re: my thoughts about various players for trade.

Post by Ktron Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:40 pm

If Boston had the CAP space as a result of AH gone I would like to see them go after

Nikola Vucevic. 20 PPG and 12 rebound and 3.8 assists. They would still need to add a beast at PF.

I maintain that Boston should have signed Vuc back in 2019.  I think that opportunity slipped past Danny.  It aggravates me that we are seeing his name pop up in trade rumors because he could have been signed as a UFA.

Danny

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:24 pm

dboss wrote:
kdp59 wrote:

I'm not sure Boston had the cap space, because they brought in Kemba under a sign and trade . we ended up re-signing Rozier in a sign and trade to Charlotte. I believe that's how Boston got Kemba under his max deal, it was a trade with Rozier going out.

but I do think Ainge COULD have signed Vucevic, IF he renounced Rozier first. it appears the cap space would have been there for Vuc then.

of course we would have had a big void at PG also in that case with the MLE (which was used for kanter) as the only means to add a PG.

Coulda= yes it seems so

Woulda= Ainge didn't

Shoulda= that's why we all discuss this stuff...LOL.

kdp59

At this point I am actually less concerned about the center spot.  I know, I know..

But I have seen more than a glimmer from our 3 headed center rotation as of late.  If Brad Stevens can figure out how to use 3 centers with varying skill sets, the team could be okay.  I do think that Theis would need to split time at PF and Center for this rotation to work.  The emergence of RW alters the rotation and the quality of his play demands more minutes.  

If we can add a bench scorer that will be just fine.  The big TPE by virtual of the $$$ it represents is something more than a bench guy.  Maybe he uses the $5 million TPE and a player to land a veteran that can help us immediately.

Harrison Barnes

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:42 am

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ringer-o-connor-echoing-shams-232505794.html

Ringer’s O’Connor echoing Shams regarding Celtics’ Vucevic interest

Justin Quinn
Mon, March 8, 2021, 3:25 PM

my thoughts about various players for trade. - Page 3 0c1575b8a74236772e1e1b203c0c4e12

Silly season — as the weeks ahead of the NBA trade deadline are often called — is in full swing, and it’s hard to tell when trade rumbles reflect earnest plans of front offices, or are a front to hide their real ones from competing general managers.

But sometimes, trusted media members get the same intel, and that seems to be happening with a rumor regarding a potential Boston Celtics trade target; it seems that The Ringer’s Kevin O’Connor is echoing the reporting of The Athletic’s Shams Charania in that both have sources who report the Celtics are among teams interested in trading for Orlando Magic All-Star center Nikola Vucevic.

It’s worth noting that there’s no reason to doubt either trusted media analysts’ sources, but also that there’s no cause to get overly excited about the news, either.

"Interest" could be a fevered pursuit of a sure-to-be-costly trade target -- or as little as an obligatory phone call to test the waters of a player who doesn't quite fit the Magic's developmental curve. On Boston's side, the fit is not an ideal one, from the less-than-ideal defense to the existing frontcourt logjam and likely high number of touches Vooch would want. https://twitter.com/TheCelticsWire/status/1367716543916818433?s=20

Given all these factors, we're inclined to suspect this is cover for another move, as has been suggested by canny members of the Celtics media sphere. But, with the Miami Heat, San Antonio Spurs and Charlotte Hornets all reportedly poking around the Servian center as well, Boston's front office may well know something we do not.

Bob
MY NOTE:  The trade deadline is 3/25, just 16 days away.  Strap yourselves in and return your "trade tables" to their fully upright positions, because the rumors (as well as actual trades) are going to start really flying as we get under 2 weeks away.  As I have said before a trade made between Team 1 and Team 2 has a ripple effect throughout the league.  Team 3 will make a trade to counter the one made by Team 2 because they're division rivals.  Team 4 will see Team 1 create some redundancy on their roster with the new pickup and will make an offer for one of them.  Almost every trade solves a problem while creating another.  That's because you almost always have to send a player out to get one and losing that player reduces your depth in that part of the roster, UNLESS you have enough TPE to offset $.  THEN you can give up a lesser player for a clearly better player without having to match up with salaries.  Better players tend to have bigger contracts (they can also be significantly overpaid).  Someone like a Vucevic, who is under contract for 2 more years after this one, at about $23M/year ($24M next, $22M the one after, so a declining salary cap impact.  That'd make Danny very happy indeed, with Smart's contract coming due)

This year 6'11", 260# Vuc is averaging 24.6ppg, 41.2% from 3 (on 6.5 attempts/game, 233 total, so NOT a small sample size), 11.6rpg, 3.7apg and 1.7TOpg (2.17 assist-to-turnover ratio is excellent for any big not named Jokic).  He's playing 33.9mpg and has played in every one of Orlando's 36 games.  He hasn't missed a game yet.  He's 30 years old, so he still has solid production ahead of him through his contract, and maybe beyond.  I don't know who/what Danny would have to give up to get Vuc but if we're not talking about either of the Js or Smart I think landing Vuc would be a coup for Danny.

And, for the record, he's Serbian, not Servian.  If he was from southern Serbia would he then be subServient?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:50 am

Dear Mr. Trade (Tray) Table, I caught that too - Serbian, not Servian.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:40 pm

If this was 18 months or 2 year ago, I would be all in for adding Vuc.  

I am no GM but if I was going to move Vuc to Boston I would want a center in return as well as draft picks and a young wing.  Danny would gladly move TT but the magic will want Rob for sure.  Danny would have to add probably 2 first rounders to the deal to avoid moving Rob.  

Here is my made up deal to get Vuc.

Tristian Thompson, (one of RL or AN) and 2021 first round pick and a 2023 first round pick (top 10 protected) I would also throw in a 2022 2nd rounder just to sweeten the coffee

So we get Vuc and now what?  We go out and get our heads kicked in because the real missing link is NOT an upgrade at 5 especially one that is not an above average defender.

We need a veteran multi positional wing.

Playing make believe GM is fun.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:41 am

if the Celtics open a roster spot via trade or release, a player they might want to take a look at with vet minimum or the Bi-annual exception is R. Hollis-Jefferson.

he's around 26Yo now and is more of defensive wing than anything. has never been much of a 3 point shooter however, so the fit may not be there.

but if Ainge open a spot with a trade for say Barnes or Gordon, then RHJ might not be a bad option to fill the spot the rest of this year.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:28 am

IF Ainge feels a big move is needed and he really is looking for shooting with size. Then the definition is K. Porzingis, right. Dallas has been supposedly quietly seeing what he could bring back in trade.

after seeing where we stand compared to the nets right now, what it Ainge went BIG by the trade deadline?

a Porzingis and J. Richardson deal for Thompson and Brown works money wise.

Ainge would probably have to throw at least one first to Dallas also.

Celtics would still be about $5M UNDER the tax line this season. But Richardson has a player option next year at about $11M. for that type of trade I;d want Richardson for more than just this year to be honest.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:44 pm

And this morning's rumor, LaMarcus Aldridge to Celtics. I hope not, I really think this guy is just about done. Why bother??? If they are going to do something, make it someone who can really help.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:56 pm

kdp59 wrote:IF Ainge feels a big move is needed and  he really is looking for shooting with size. Then the definition is K. Porzingis, right. Dallas has been supposedly quietly seeing what he could bring back in trade.

after seeing where we stand compared to the nets right now, what it Ainge went BIG by the trade deadline?

a Porzingis and J. Richardson deal for Thompson and Brown works money wise.

Ainge would probably have to throw at least one first to Dallas also.

Celtics would still be about $5M UNDER the tax line this season. But Richardson has a player option next year at about $11M. for that type of trade I;d want Richardson for more than just this year to be honest.

kdp,

"Shooting with size" could be The Unicorn, or it could also be Vucevic.  Depending upon the definition of "size" it could also possibly be Barnes, who is 6'8", 225# with a 6'11" wingspan.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:17 pm

Porzingis-25Yo

Vuc-30

Barnes is a different player entirely.

I am not saying Ainge SHOULD make that deal, just throwing it out there while we wait until Danny brings in Jamal Crawford for vet minimum as the BIG move...LOL
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:00 pm

I'm still thinking this is an off season decision, based on what the current roster can do the rest of the way. Who is a keeper? Who is a trading chip?

Gut feeling on my part...

If the team fails to advance to the ECF, Danny will blow the roster up. If we can't at least get there, this roster is not going to contend for a title. In that event, I make the guaranteed keepers to be Tatum and Smart.

If the front office goes that big, I would also rule out Barnes or any of the other current flavors of the day we keep seeing. My guess there is it's going to be one move for size in the starting rotation, and two or three additional plays for depth and scoring off the bench.

If the team does make the ECF, I can see one more year with only a couple of minor tweaks to the roster. In that case, I would look for Teague, Edwards, Langford, Fall, Waters and Green to all be candidates to go. I don't think they all go, but none have trade value, so a few should disappear regardless.

"There is great chaos under heaven — the situation is excellent." That one is often attributed to Mao Tse-tung. It may apply to the Celtics this off-season.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:08 pm

It was disappointing to watch Jaylen stand out at the 3 and keep shooting, hardly driving to the basket at all. He insisted on shooting and shooting. Poor decision making, going for the big bang when, with a little bit of effort by both J's, they could have been driving and getting "and 1's" much more than they did. Tatum got to the rim at will but insisted on shooting from outside.

It was so disappointing considering the game that Marcus Smart put in. You are right, everyone of those guys on the bench should be banking their $$$, some will end up overseas.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:01 pm

. . . I would look for Teague, Edwards, Langford, Fall, Waters and Green to all be candidates to go.

I agree with everyone except Langford. Don't throw out the baby with the bath water. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:50 pm

Gyso, you may be right there. There obviously is something Brad does not like about Naismith, or I would be fighting to keep him. All the rest are dead wood as far as I am concerned. A good game every ten or fifteen just does not cut it for me. I will be interested to see what happens when Edwards does get shipped out or dropped. I wonder if another setting will help him show what he can do
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:26 pm

NYCelt wrote:I'm still thinking this is an off season decision, based on what the current roster can do the rest of the way. Who is a keeper? Who is a trading chip?

Gut feeling on my part...

If the team fails to advance to the ECF, Danny will blow the roster up. If we can't at least get there, this roster is not going to contend for a title. In that event, I make the guaranteed keepers to be Tatum and Smart.

If the front office goes that big, I would also rule out Barnes or any of the other current flavors of the day we keep seeing. My guess there is it's going to be one move for size in the starting rotation, and two or three additional plays for depth and scoring off the bench.

If the team does make the ECF, I can see one more year with only a couple of minor tweaks to the roster. In that case, I would look for Teague, Edwards, Langford, Fall, Waters and Green to all be candidates to go. I don't think they all go, but none have trade value, so a few should disappear regardless.

"There is great chaos under heaven — the situation is excellent." That one is often attributed to Mao Tse-tung. It may apply to the Celtics this off-season.
If they indeed do “wait” until the off season what will be out there thats not out there now is the question. Also, if the front office does decide to blow this team up, let’s hope it starts with itself first and blow Danny Ray’s ass out of here then bring someone in or promote Zarren to put this team back together. Danny has had enough time. Bye Felicia!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:39 pm

Remember

WYC already told us the offseason is when they may make a deal and admitted this roster is not good enough.

No means no.

I would like to know how Danny Ainge keeps his job because the situation we find ourselves in is mostly his fault.

It is time to do an interview with Danny.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3