Pre-Game Mavs

3 posters

Go down

Pre-Game Mavs Empty Pre-Game Mavs

Post by dbrown4 Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:43 am

There are 9 games left in these very challenging games on the schedule heading toward the regular season finish line. The next 6 are at home. While we probably weren't asking for 10-0 run, the 9-0 streak is still intact!!

Next up, the Mavs. Dallas is in about the same place in the West as we are in the East, 7th. Their record is a little better at 24-21 and we will have to find a way to stop Doncic. We kind of owe him for the last meeting with his buzzer beater. I'm sure our team remembers.

Game #2 of this 10-game stretch. Need to come out with some purpose. Nobody gets a night off. All hands on deck. Again, another winnable game against a contender. We should be up for this one.

Go Celtics!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Pre-Game Mavs Empty Re: Pre-Game Mavs

Post by NYCelt Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:25 pm

With a limited number of fans back in the arenas, maybe home court will be a plus again. It's a mental aspect of the game, so we'll see.

Hopefully the improved low-post play we've been enjoying continues against Dallas.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:34 pm

Jaylen needs to stay on Doncic.  He has the height and wingspan to be bothersome.  Luka isn't going to blow past you, but you cannot let him see over you.

This will be an interesting challenge for Kornet, whom I am thinking will be put on the Unicorn, The Zinger.  7'3", 245# vs 7'2", 250#.  I've said that Kornet's ability to move his feet will be of prime interest to me.  Well his ability, and willingness, to go out and defend at the arc is too.  That may be the difference between him and yesterday's bread Hassan Whiteside.  Whiteside never, not in Miami nor Portland nor Sacto, ever showed any interest whatsoever in leaving the paint.  In today's NBA, with everybody shooting 3s, that is a requirement for every player including bigs.  

Isn't it nice to be able to look down the bench and finally see a player that might actually match up against a Porzingis and the likes?  It's been a long, long while since we had one of those.  If Danny had been able to sign Drummond would he have gone out to the arc to challenge Zinger?  NFW.  How about Gorgui Dieng?  NFW.  Cousins?  Maybe, but does he still have the wheels to back-peddle when Zinger puts it on the floor and stay in front of him?  Mebbe, mebbe not.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down