Pre-Game Crooklyn

+2
dboss
dbrown4
6 posters

Go down

Pre-Game Crooklyn Empty Pre-Game Crooklyn

Post by dbrown4 Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:28 am

Wow! And just like that, we crush yet another top playoff team! You're guess is as good as mine. Odds have us being blown out @ BKN-5.5.

I will mention this. We need to win this game for a variety of reasons. One to put BKN on notice that we are a threat to their bs on-paper champion facade. And that we have come a long way since they ran roughshod over us during the regular season. Again, save the who's been hurt and out for someone that gives a hoot. We're coming there tonight to win and dash dreams.

Again, I'm not brave enough to predict with great accuracy that BKN will drop out in the first round, but wife's paycheck they are done in the second. I love how every other team but the Celtics get a pass with line up inconsistencies and injuries. The only reason we bowed to MIA and almost to TOR in the playoffs last year was because of lack of continuity of the starting line up not having enough time playing together.

Yet listening to the Lakers game last night even with AD back, they are saying they don't care where they land in the West, they have LeBron. Same with Brooklyn. More so with Brooklyn. Those a$$ hats have only played together 7 games. Please. I think I just threw up in my mouth. I don't care how good you are. The wheels will come off. At least LeBron and AD have played a lot together this season.

Anyway, I digress. How's the injury report looking? Anybody by the name of Williams III or Fourneir suiting up tonight? I'm interested in that spread. I'm pretty sure we can beat it. We have to. We have no other choice. 1-1? Unacceptable. 2-0 simply treads water.

Go Celtics

db

P.S. Another game to put on your DVR tonight...Heat @ Hawks. Hawks lose, we win, we're tied with the hapless Knicks. MIL nor PHI helped my prediction for MIL last night. Doc, you had one job last night! WTH, BO?!!!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Pre-Game Crooklyn Empty Re: Pre-Game Crooklyn

Post by dboss Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:20 pm

db

The 2nd night of B2B is always very challenging especially on the road and against a good team.

We have to play really good defense to win.

Too early to know who is playing and who is not.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:49 pm

Jay King @ByJayKing
about 1 hour ago
Jaylen Brown, Kemba Walker and Robert Williams are all listed as out tonight. Evan Fournier, not listed on the injury report, appears set to make his return against the Nets.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:45 pm

bobheckler wrote:Jay King @ByJayKing
about 1 hour ago
Jaylen Brown, Kemba Walker and Robert Williams are all listed as out tonight. Evan Fournier, not listed on the injury report, appears set to make his return against the Nets.

Bob

ouch...

Hard to see a win without 2/3 of the top 3 scorers and creators. Not against a team like the Nets that have literally shot creators across the roster.

I hope they will not give up and will keep the defensive intensity up. I am fine if we lose due to bad offense, but not get blown out due to bad defense.

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:49 pm

Wow they are giving Jaylen a long rest, he’s the type of player that wants to play. Hope that shoulder in not too serious an injury....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:26 pm

KW was not going to play in B2B.

Getting a bit concerned over RW knee but the Celtics do not seem overly concerned. Never seen injuries like this.

Agree 100% with Vankisa about defensive intensity.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:23 pm

Harden, Durant out

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:03 pm

Marc D'Amico @celtics
about 50 minutes ago
#NEBHInjuryReport update: Evan Fournier has been cleared to play limited minutes tonight. In regard to Jaylen Brown’s shoulder, Coach Stevens says it’s “not severe as far as long term,” but he does not have full range of motion yet. However, “he’s close” to being able to return

gary washburn
@GwashburnGlobe
ยท
9m
For those concerned about Jaylen's shoulder injury, he's going through a pretty extensive pre-game workout. A sign he's close. #Celtics
https://twitter.com/i/status/1385728417665064963

MY NOTE: He also missed A LOT of those corner 3s, with some of them really off.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down