When Kareem speaks, youngsters should listen

4 posters

Go down

When Kareem speaks, youngsters should listen  Empty When Kareem speaks, youngsters should listen

Post by willjr Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:49 pm

https://fadeawayworld.net/.amp/nba-media/kareem-abdul-jabbar-says-people-who-talk-about-the-goat-debate-didnt-see-wilt-chamberlain-and-bill-russell-play-it-affects-me-in-that-it-makes-me-see-that-people-dont-have-a-good-perspective
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

When Kareem speaks, youngsters should listen  Empty Re: When Kareem speaks, youngsters should listen

Post by NYCelt Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:30 am

Good find and good post Will.

We have talked about recency bias here in the past and I think hat does apply.

In my own opinion, in the impossible mission to pick a GOAT, I’ve always said that would be Kareem.

I’ll give him kudos for giving props to his two predecessors who helped reinvent the big man game.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

When Kareem speaks, youngsters should listen  Empty Re: When Kareem speaks, youngsters should listen

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:40 am

Kareem always gives total props and respect to Russell forever it seems. And respects the man even more for the stances he took culturally and politically.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:57 am

Yeah, despite all the battle with the Celtics in the 80's on the court, Kareem is a real class act all the way around.

I think up to this point I have kept Kareem out of my G.O.A.T. discussions to date because I have visions of the 80's showdowns that were so instrumental in my attraction to basketball. But that's not right. He deserves to be right up there with Russell as well in the same conversation.

But you are right NYCelt. The G.O.A.T. discussions wind up in the same pissing contest that the Celtics/Lakers greatest of all time franchises winds up in. (That one alone was probably the straw that broke the camel's back that brought this site into existence.)

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down