Have to listen to Fox Sports in the AM but now it's classic rock instead!

3 posters

Go down

Have to listen to Fox Sports in the AM but now it's classic rock instead! Empty Have to listen to Fox Sports in the AM but now it's classic rock instead!

Post by beat Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:36 am

Our local AM station switched fro ESPN radio to Fox Sports a while ago. I miss listening to Mike and Mike, the duo on FOX in the AM has made me find a classic rock station but from time to time I still venture back and listen.

Today they were speaking with Christian Laitner about the Olympics the dream team ect and then asked him if he had a choice of 1 thing would he prefer an Olympic Gold or being in the NBA Hall of Fame. I cringed and wish I could redline the idiots on FOX SPORTS RADIO.... there is no NBA Hall of Fame. It a "Basketball HOF. Just like there is no Major Leage BAseball HOF it's just the BASEBALL HOF

I sent them an email when I got to work and spanked them for being wrong.

At least made me feel better

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Have to listen to Fox Sports in the AM but now it's classic rock instead! Empty Re: Have to listen to Fox Sports in the AM but now it's classic rock instead!

Post by Sam Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:28 am

Beat,

If you could train radio stations as well as you trained your kids, the nation's media would be a far far better thing.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Have to listen to Fox Sports in the AM but now it's classic rock instead! Empty Re: Have to listen to Fox Sports in the AM but now it's classic rock instead!

Post by beat Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:39 am

sam wrote:Beat,

If you could train radio stations as well as you trained your kids, the nation's media would be a far far better thing.

Sam

Thanks

Just to let you know too that we are suppose to get the call today to get Marcus's surgery scheduled. He played in a hoops tournament yesterday. 5 games total. Team lost in the quater finals then went to the loosers bracket won one then lost. He didn;t score much games were running time and no fouls shots were taken, he did play well and took at least one charge each game some of them were ugly as he took a couple of real hard hits. One sore kid last eve. Really does a good job on the help defense. One particular time he helped out, ball got kicked out to his man. As he closed on him guy faked to go by him but Marcus anticipated perfectly and stepped right into the path. Got knocked on his kiester but drew the charge.

As for the radio, they play classic rock form the 60's 70's (mainly) and a little in the 80's. This was back when I actually listened to music! Station is out of Canada too so they throw in a little Annie Murray (the Canadian songbird) and Lightfoot now and then too!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:11 am

beat,

Ever use Pandora?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:22 am

Bob

I obviously haven't as I have no idea what it is.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:45 am

beat,

www.pandora.com

It's a free music service that you can get on your computer or on a smart phone (I have it on my 'Droid).

It lets you create customized "music stations". All '60s music, all classical, etc. It will let you create a music station for a specific artist, like Frank Sinatra. It's like satellite radio, with all its variety and tailored offerings, except free and can go with you (assuming it's on your phone).

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:53 am

Bob

So your saying I can have it "MY WAY"?

Actually I am a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to modern techs, I have my cell phone for calling when I need to or for being called when someone else thinks I am important enough to be called, don;t text nor recieve texts.

I am light years behind my kids in this, sort of like the Starship Enterprise pulling up to Alan Shepard in his "Freedom 7" Mercury Capsule!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:01 pm

beat wrote:Bob

So your saying I can have it "MY WAY"?

Actually I am a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to modern techs, I have my cell phone for calling when I need to or for being called when someone else thinks I am important enough to be called, don;t text nor recieve texts.

I am light years behind my kids in this, sort of like the Starship Enterprise pulling up to Alan Shepard in his "Freedom 7" Mercury Capsule!

beat

beat,

I couldn't get pandora on my dinosaur phone either, but you obviously have a computer.

Let Marcus at it for you. Today's kids are born with USB-ready fingertips. It's a simple download after you create your account using your email as an ID.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:17 pm

Bob

Again I am a dinasaur and I only would listen to it in the car. I have about a 1/2 hour commute (one way)

Yeah I have a computer but not a laptop ( do have one at work and am using that now.... think the county might frown on installing a program on it.

My "home" computer is home bound too.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:48 pm

Swish and I object. We thought we were the only dinosaurs on this forum.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Cute Sam,

I'm not ALL that far behind, the asteroid didn't wipe us all out!

Bob

Thing about the station I listen too is I don't know what song they are going to play. Granted I don't care for some of them, ( Jackson 5 ect) (Although that beat what came later!)

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down