SI.com article on greatest sports calls

3 posters

Go down

SI.com article on greatest sports calls Empty SI.com article on greatest sports calls

Post by Outside Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:04 pm

http://joeposnanski.si.com/2010/10/14/thirty-two-great-calls-2/?eref=sihp

I thoroughly enjoyed this article on SI.com with YouTube clips and links to memorable sports calls. It may be skewed toward older fans since most of the clips are from years ago, but there should be something there for every sports fan. You can also watch and enjoy even if you didn't know about the sporting event being described. If nothing else, anyone can get a kick out of no. 25 ("the worst baserunning in the history of the game").

Johnny Most has two in a tie at number 12. I'm sure you could come up with a list entirely of Johnny Most clips, but I'm interested to know if you think those are his most memorable calls.

Side note no. 1: for no. 22 (Michael Jordan's "circus" layup), I've never understood all the fuss about the play. As far as I can tell, there was no reason to switch to his left hand. He's going in with his right and could've continued for a simple right-handed layup since he wasn't challenged by a defender. Switching to his left hand made a difficult play out of what should've been an ordinary layup.

Side note no. 2: I was so glad to see Bill King, the legendary announcer for Bay Area sports, make the list at no. 10, and the 10-minute YouTube clip was a real treat. (Besides broadcasting for the Raiders, he was also the longtime announcer for the Warriors and A's.)

Anyway, enjoy.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

SI.com article on greatest sports calls Empty Re: SI.com article on greatest sports calls

Post by bobc33 Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:00 pm

Great stuff.

I loved Ulf getting whacked after what he did to Cam.

It was painful to watch the Bucky bleeping Dent and Buckner clips, but 2004 erased those tough memories.

I got goose bumps on the Flutie, Havlicek and Miracle on Ice clips.

Funny I can remember whose house or what bar I was in for many of the Boston related ones.

Back to top Go down

SI.com article on greatest sports calls Empty Re: SI.com article on greatest sports calls

Post by Hoopdeedoo Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:34 pm

Outside,

Thanks for the link, enjoyed reliving some of those moments. Being a Raiders fan and Bill King fan brought back an era of football I miss these days. Holy Toledo!!!!!!!

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down