Comments From The Other Side - 2ND ROUND PLAYOFFS, GAME 1, vs Bucks, Home, 5/1/22

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - 2ND ROUND PLAYOFFS, GAME 1, vs Bucks, Home, 5/1/22  Empty Comments From The Other Side - 2ND ROUND PLAYOFFS, GAME 1, vs Bucks, Home, 5/1/22

Post by bobheckler Mon May 02, 2022 1:47 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2022/05/comments-from-other-side-bucks-game-1.html

by FLCeltsFan

Barkley picked the Bucks to win it all last year. Barkley picked the Bucks to beat the Celtics without Middleton.

Celtics were the #1 defense in the regular season where nobody gives full defensive effort. Bucks are the #1 defense in the playoffs every season.

i’ve seen a lot of comments about how the Celtics want the smoke. if they really wanted it they would have Williams sit out until KMidd came back, seems fair.

How is that fair? Middleton is an all star, Rob is a role player

Rob’s not a star but he definitely ins’t a roll player…

I really like this guy, I happened to catch a round 1 game last year and Time Lord was swatting the he** out of the ball. Hope he forgets how to block us though.

Nice non shooter to sag off

Jason Tatum’s chips suck, Bucks in 6

Those chips expire in June. Tatums's season is going to expire May 11th.

those chips are amazing though, lowkey one of my favorite kinds, but still go bucks

Really dumb to have a Tuesday- Saturday gap between 2 and 3 but it really helps IF Middleton can return

Being down 0-2 with that big gap after game 2 would suck. Terrified of pat and Allen turning into three point pumpkins after being red hot this last series.

Do you put Jrue on Kembla or on Kyrie?

Kyrie looked completed uninterested and the nets wings were probably the worst in the NBA. Now the Celtics will hopefully have to play a formidable defense. I'm not overlooking them or thinking this will be easy, but I have major doubts that the Celtics are the real deal.

If the poorly coached, severely undersized Nets were a buzzer beater in game 1 and a blown 17pt lead and a couple plays away in game 2 of taking a 2-0 series lead in Boston with KD playing like hot steaming trash. I'd like to think we could at least get a 1-1 split in the first 2 games.

In all honesty, the Celtics probably win this series with Khris out. But maaan, that fanbase is going to have a rough summer if the Bucks without Khris somehow manage to knock them out after all the **** they’re talking right now.

Even if nets got swept the celtics barely won all games, difference is that the bucks can get a stop anytime they want.

Celtics favored by 5 in game 1 which seems about right given our history of playing poorly in the opening game of the series. And of course Khris is out.

A few posts on the Celtics board already worrying that Grayson Allen might attack one of their players. Are people really that stupid?

If they're Boston fans, yes.

I think Marcus Smart is far more likely to injure someone than Grayson.

Both guys are more likely to hurt themselves than anyone else.

Smart launching himself into Giannis' knees and ankles diving for a loose ball might be my #1 fear in this series. That's been my #1 fear every time we've played the Celtics for the past 5 years and then Smart did exactly that to Steph Curry earlier this season. So that makes me even more paranoid about it.

With the way some of these BOS fans are acting, you'd think that their team wasn't playing under .500 ball for half the season.

I'm not optimistic. Boston is tough and hungry. The Bucks have had moments of complacency, even in this series against the Bulls. Middleton coming back would be good for the scoring of the team, but his disastrous turnovers that have plagued him all season could be killer against this Boston squad.

Celtics healthy. Bucks not. Celtics playing the best in the league for quite some time.   Celtics in six.

No chance the Bucks win this series. Boston is basically a more athletic 04 Pistons if they also had a 6’9” MJ on the wing. Truly impossible matchup, no way Giannis pulls this off with one of his co-stars out.

I'm going to laugh when Bud plays the drop and Boston bricks 30 threes.

I have seen Jaylen Brown disappear plenty in his career, so maybe he'll wet the bed. Still think this is a competitive series if some things go our way and we're hitting shots.

since the celtics are favored it must mean we should trade giannis, jrue and lopez for tatum, brown, and horford if that deal is on the table this offseason

I have a feeling Brick Slowpez is going to have a monster series. No real reasoning to back it up, I just feel it coming

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bucks are already in the league's ear about the obvious no-calls BOS had against KD & Brown (there were a ton). Will definitely be interesting to see what kind of whistle our guys get game 1.

I can't help but think if Boston was really that confident they would just sit Brown this entire series and save him for the ECF. How bout that? Be a man!

I really like Tatum, but he's not quite yet superstar level. He's close. There were times in that Nets series where Claxton and others kept him from getting to the paint.

Every year someone gets overrated due to a favorable matchup or an unexpected performance.  Tatum is not a top 5 player because he busted up Bruce Brown, Patty Mills, Goran Dragic & Seth Curry.

Out of everyone on Boston's roster I think you can rattle Tatum the most with physical play. I like him, and wouldn't call him soft, but bump him, get in his space like they did with DeRozan and I think they can rattle him.   (MY NOTE:  I think he might have something here)

I don't know how Al Horford is still a good player, he looked old to me the last time we played them in 2019

Its the magic juice of celtics ,turn scrubs to all star,Theis and Al was washed and now they are playing like in their prime

What I learned today is that the same national media, who less than 2 weeks ago thought Brooklyn would beat Boston, now think that Giannis and the defending champion Bucks have no shot at beating Boston.

Brown usually is better than Tatum vs the Bucks, Smart has had some huge games too.

I did not realize Jason Tatum is the nba leader this year in defensive win shares. Amazing development.

Bucks strategy must be
Flop all the time
Foul all the time
Complain to the refs
Beat them them with their way.

If refs were 50/50 in Nets game ,Nets would sweep celtics.

If we lose the first one I give it 30 seconds before the first thread titled "Was last year's Bucks title a fraud?" pops up on the general board

I'm worried about the refs more than I am any of their players.

Scott Foster is the crew chief today along with Ed Malloy and Curtis Blair.

Surprised they didn’t go with Foster, Tony Brother and Marc Davis all wearing Celtics jerseys while smoking an Aurbach cigar. Looks like it will be 8 on 5 today.

BOS had a historically impressive closeout to the season but they're still the same team that was 18-21 in January. Still the same team that gave up multiple 15+ point leads in the 4th & lost. Still the same team that gets too iso happy in big moments. Jump on them early, play physical and steal game one then watch their own local media turn on them.   (MY NOTE:
No, they aren't.  Aside from the addition of Theis and White we're just playing differently)

When I was a kid I actually really liked the Celtics alongside the Bucks. I thought it was cool that Paul Pierce got stabbed a bunch of times (not that he experienced that obviously , just as a basis to root for, so he was my favorite player). Ironically, my fandom fizzled out after their championship. Maybe I was just a masochist?  Anyways, I can't stand that fan base anymore. I've repented and forgiven myself for my childhood mistakes.

Honestly am more worried about the Smart + Ref combo than Tatum going off or missing Khris or whatever else

Not gonna be surprised at all if Giannis has 2 offensive fouls in the first 6 minutes.

Ghost of Tommy Heinsohn will be on the sideline.

i really like this Boston team. with the work they’ve put into consistent improvement year after year and their homegrown, draft-based culture they’re not too different from us, eh? i think either of us deserve a Finals berth.

Best case scenario: Giannis goes for 40+ and we win. KD cries.

Smart vs Jrue is gonna be great

Always respect fan bases who make a difference even if annoying.

There’s no other player I dislike more than Marcus Smart. I wouldn’t even mind this series if it weren’t for him.

This ugly court always makes me dizzy

This is gonna be a bloodbath

I hope we shut these mfs down quick. Boston has the worst fanbase in all of sports.

I wish I could just watch the Bucks without also having to watch the Celtics Sad

if i didnt know better id think tatum was the 2x mvp dpoy and finals mvp. i hate how much they talk up the celtics

yep, unfortunately this broadcast will be very pro Boston

Job requirements for ESPN:

-Flaming hot awful takes -Lack of self awareness -Poor geographical recognition -A cutesy narrative that has no logic -Loud and illogical -The louder the better. -Irrational hatred for small markets -A LeBron tattoo

LOL THEY SHOWED DUECE TATUM 😆

Did Smart have his hair dyed for the first round or did he dye it Bucks green just for us?

Man what ever happened to playoff physicality… these are cheap regular season fouls

Refs seem to be letting them be physical but have the quick whistle on us

Yo wtf is Marcus’ hair I’m just now seeing it LMAO

And now they are letting them get away with reaching. That's their entire defensive philosophy.

Nice 5 steps from Tatum earlier Lmao what a joke

If they are going to let the Celtics play rough but not the bucks this series is over.

Robert Williams made a tip in put back layup and the announcers made it seem like he hit a game winner

Horford is a guy you don’t want to forget is on the floor but for some reason people always do

Man they don’t call anything on Celtics

Horford's gonna shot 60% again aint he...

Commentary team acting like it's Boston vs Boston lmao

Foster only gave Giannis a slightly friendly whistle in the finals because he hates CP3...otherwise he usually screws over Giannis

I think Boston are gonna win because of the refs

Celtics just look like the much better team (while Middleton is out at least)

Already muted this sh** man. Only league in the country that has "neutral" commentary that is just actively cheering for one team

They get every call .... FML

These whistles better balance out

Give us a chance @refs

Could ABC and ESPN make it any clearer that they don't want us winning the championship again? I mean, at least try to act unbiased.

Only down by 2 after all those turnovers. Isn't that like almost a good sign?

We are extremely lucky that Boston isn’t shooting that great. Should be worse than this.

There we go. If the refs are going to let the Celtics get away with the reaching and physicality on defense then we need to do the same thing.

This Celtics team is not some unbeatable juggernaut like people are talking about. We can beat this team without Khris. We just need to play smarter on offense and take care of the ball and this series is very winnable.

we are playing terribly and are right in it. celtics are crazy overrated

That Celtics Team is so unlikeable.  Maybe the ugliest team in the league

Looks like their strategy is just hit Giannis and hope it isn’t called. Full blown home cooking is helping it so far.

Lmao refs just refusing to call fouls on Giannis. Smart going to pull out a gun and shoot him and still won’t get called

I think the Celtics have some sticker shock : wait, this isn’t the nets defense?

this is the same team that killed the nets. turned out the nets arent good like us lol

Theis spent all his VC on tattoos

Its crazy how the celtics strategy of just simply fouling giannis has worked for 5 years now and hasnt been called by the refs in all that time

Giannis is who people think Tatum is, bucks defense is who people think Boston is

Tatum can't handle the bucks interior D.

Tatum was honestly not that impressive vs the Nets, they just sucked.

Their defense is truly stifling

OH WOW A FOUL! YALL SURE YOU DONT WANNA REVIEW THAT?

hey uh hi guys soooo sagging off Grant Williams and Pritchard is something y’all really do not wanna do

Celtics defense is a myth. They’re just allowed to be more physical

I already know that Pritchard is gonna shoot like 70% from three this series

Good old Payton Pritchard. The basketball card that no one wants to pull. (for my collectors)

Celtics crowd is as bipolar as this forum

i’m just glad that Jaylen happens to be playing worse than Giannis so far. it’s balanced out

Robert Williams has guarded Giannis well so far, unfortunately

Yeah Boston has a lot of bigs but none of them have an offensive bag.

I really wish we would've gotten Grant Williams for Donte.

Celts fans probably already panicking remembering they have to play teams that actually play D

Honestly, the refs are letting both teams play. Gotta embrace the physicality on both ends.

Williams and Horford making so tough for Giannis. He's missed a ton of easy shots just because of their presence in the paint

Their defense is obviously pretty good but with good enough Bucks defense they can barely score

Celtics deserve to lose just for smarts dumb haircoloring

Horford’s shot motion makes it look like hes pushing 80

We are the best team in the NBA right now.

Literally going to win this series because our defense is actually better than theirs

Lmao Horford with the 2 hand push of Giannis and still can’t get a call

Celsh**s are so overrated.  Without the refs letting they’d be a lottery team.

Celtics are so confused that they got called for a foul

Tatum has no idea what’s a foul

leaving tatum open is unacceptable...

can boston win this series just shooting three pointers?

Grant Williams in real life is what a lot of our fans thought Semi Ojeleye was

Celtics are pure trash.

Grant has tackled Giannis on purpose a couple times already

Boston fans in absolute shambles right now and you just love to see it

Dislocated shoulder yeah smart I do not see coming back d**n that might really hurt the Celtics a lot a lot

hope Smart is ok, dude is fun to watch

Yep, especially when he’s delivering flying knees to our players

Smart just chicken winged his shoulder out of socket

D**n, I don’t like him but I hope Smart is ok.

Series over, 4-0. Seriously though, hope it's nothing serious

Oh no. Get back on the floor Smart. I don't want Celtics fans to have any excuses.

Grant Williams is a dirty f***. 2 times already he tried to injure our players. Like I get it if someone is fired up to win and I like it, but playing so recklessly is f***ing dangerous.

I'm not getting excited until we survive the 3rd quarter.

Time to google shoulder dislocation recovery time at half

Horford the Giannis stopper in 2022 according to some nba fans that’s bbq chicken for Giannis

The defense is something fierce right now. For as much hype as the Celtics got for shutting down the Nets, the Bucks are putting on a clinic against Brown and Tatum.

Really satisfying to win 5 on 8 too

Smart came out to a standing ovation and is shooting at warmups rn

This whole project the paint and let the Cs shoot 3s is working. They don't really have alot of elite shooters

Can’t wait to hear about Smart’s arm every time he bricks a 3

Did Marcus Smart just pull a Paul Pierce

D**n Horford is strong

Tatum is hitting now but I like the defense on him. He is not a great three point shooter so make him beat you from there

Tatum 3 is annoying

I take back enjoying this Celtics team. All they f***ing do is shoot 3s. Boring af.

The refs are old Irish f***s from Boston with money on the game obviously

Celtics are in jail rn lmaoo got bailed out by a couple of Tatum 3s they’re not getting good shots at all

If we can keep it close into crunch time we can bank on Tatum with the unnecessary fadeaway hero 3s down the stretch

D**n, not the Timelord. That’s the one Celtic I actually like

rob williams is a bad teammate if they won't call a timeout for that long

Celtics are defending Giannis extremely well.

If by very well you mean hacking and pushing and grabbing his arms then yes.

i want a marcus smart chia pet lmao

A strong breeze makes Smart fall to the ground

The combo of Smart flops, Scott Foster, and Doris Burke is insufferable

Smart had to grow up playing soccer. Never seen someone flop so much not on a soccer field

Boston fans are straight up delusional

They really gave Grant Williams that foul call because Smart was on the ground. No other reason.

So brave of Marcus to recover from that flop

Not gonna lie Williams has been awesome for the Celtics!

All these Boston players act like they have to go to the hospital and then are back in the game two minutes later...

Only 2 fouls on Horford is a joke

Gotta make sure we secure this win as Tatum and brown probably won't shoot like this every game

From Marcus smart to the Boston fans, I want to punch something

How do you complain about the refs when your team is in quadruple bonus 3 minutes into each quarter? Lol

Smart is so brave. Gotta be hard throwing yourself to the ground constantly.

Cant stand boston fans faces bruh

White must be the weirdest looking player in the league

Seriously? Grant Williams looks like he’d take my order at Applebees

The rest of the game is just gonna be Celtics fans constantly whining

Celtics been bailed out by officiating all game.

Tatum ain't making a single layup all series

When the ref going to T up Tatum?

Tatum is soft

Celtics got the refs giving them free throws for flops

if Celtics weren’t so horrible offensively we would be close to collapsing.

There offence isn’t as good as people think.  Nets were just not good.

Life isn’t too sweet when you’re not being guarded by Patty Mills huh Celtics? LMAO

If you had told me Tatum and Brown were 7 for 27, I thought we would be up by 20+ tbh

I have a feeling Marcus smart is gonna be feeling these injuries tomorrow

Refs are literally keeping the Celtics in this game. If they called it both ways, we’d be up 20 right now.

Brown is our best player out there today

Lmao the Celtics are no where near our physicality so they have to spend half the time flopping

I can’t believe how weak Tatum is. That man loves to be on the ground.

All time performance by these refs

Flopston Floptics

Brickston celtics

I'll be honest this supposed "best in the nba" Celtics d doesn't look that good

Giannis is 6-19 tho so they've definitely made it tougher on him

Why does the media hate us?

It’s because Boston is one of the top revenue teams in the NBA

Pritchard hero ball 😂

Pritchard is our 6th player on the court. I like him a lot

How come they are not playing their “best” player? I’ve seen Tatum so much on the bench today.

Free taco for every time Williams ends up on the floor

Rob Will needs to hit the weight room.

Whites face looks like a 4 year old lost in the grocery store.

Weirdly he looks like Tatum's baby.

If Derrick white gets free throws cuz he got “bumped” then why isn’t giannis on the line at least 8 more times this game?

derrick white looks like a disney character

Jaylen Brown turning into Dennis Schroder now that he can’t score over midgets every possession LMAO

The Celtics big three are afraid to fail. So they keep dishing it to Pritchard

We gotta be careful to not sweep them. Let it go 6 games or so to give Khris more time to heal

What guarding a 74 year old Blake Griffin for a series does to a team

maybe Net just suck  KD IS A FRAUD

If Middleton is playing Bucks could sweep the Celtics

We play better without Middleton I’m sorry we do.

Give Pritchard the green light!

I like that he really thought he should just keep gunning.

When Payton Pritchard attempts a 3 I think to myself yes

Doesn’t help to have 2 great players if they never shoot

People were wondering how we would replace Khris.. luckily we got Jalen Brown playing for the bucks now

Tatum is a fraud

Hahahaha aw that’s cute Tatum is mad wahhhhhh

Lol Tatum just intentionally fouling now?

Celtics are playing like giant babies, didn’t think they’d get stomped opening this series up.

I’m really starting to grow some major anger for Grant Williams.

Did not realize Tatum complained this much

Grantt Williams has the chest of like a prepubescent boy

The amount of respect he gets from the refs is ridiculous

THIS IS THE TEAM THAT LOCKED KD LMAO.

Grant Williams is a MASSIVE b**ch. They’ve got a real culture brewing there

F*** Grant Williams he tryin his d**n hardest to injure Giannis

Complaining about calls is an epidemic in the NBA but d**n does Tatum whine a lot

The entire Celtics team cries about fouls as much as Lopez

Tatums face might be stuck like that after this game lol

Tatum just running around pushing dudes in the back

Celtics looked much better on paper. I am still cautious about this.

why bother playing hard in the regular season when you can steal home court in just one game?

Yawn. Wake me up when we face a real team.

Bucks will repeat. Their defense is too good. Brown and Tatum are combined 10-31 right now. Celtics can’t get anything going inside against that forest of trees. Only injuries can stop us.

crazy how all of a sudden Celtics fans are crying about reffing when they were fine with the Celtics mandhandling the Nets.

Celtics players looking like a deer in headlights

Jaylen Brown has been AWFUL today

Great start to the series certainly hopefully Celtics just give up

This is proof positive that Nets were an outstandingly bad team. made Celtics look overrated.

Jayson "best player in the playoffs" Tatum played today like a kid at open gym with some dad issues to work out.

The Celtics dodged a Game 1 win at home.

Our 5th playoff game holding a team to 100 points or fewer. Which team’s got the elite defense again? 🦌

I really don’t know why people were so fond of the Celtics beating this team convincingly

Boston isn't used to a team that's tougher than them

Celtics lost, but they will sure celebrate Horford’s defensive performance on Giannis!

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down