RosalieTCeltics
dbrown4
Ktron
dboss
9 posters

Go down

Kyrie traded to Dal-ass Empty Kyrie traded to Dal-ass

Post by dboss Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:02 pm

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/35594375/sources-nets-trading-star-guard-kyrie-irving-mavericks
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Kyrie traded to Dal-ass Empty Re: Kyrie traded to Dal-ass

Post by Ktron Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:14 pm

The little Runt is back on the loose.

The Mavs should have just kept Brunson. Less money and less of a headache.

Dumb…

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:49 pm

This may be the first team in NBA history to go 0-82 and have absolutely no clue why!  Couldn't happen to a more deserving franchise and completely distracted owner.  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:51 pm

I guess it was there or no where. Looks like LeBron did not get the little arrogant fool back under his wing, my bet is Nets would not take Westbrook. What did they give up? Whatever it was it was too much. I see a battle sooner or later between him and Kidd. This will be a classic
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:03 pm

Luka has the ball 101% of the time. Kiarrhea is ball dominant as well. There could be a 3 way head on collision between Luka, Kidd, and Kiarrhea. S88t gonna get real down yonder! Stand by!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:08 pm

And to think, they have J Kidd as the coach. Willl he be the only one to be able to get thru to him??? By the way, is he getting an extension with the trade??? Or will he walk (and cry) at the end of the season
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:56 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
The Mavericks are sending Dorian Finney-Smith, Spencer Dinwiddie, a 2027 first-round pick and second round picks to the Nets, sources tell ESPN.

The Nets also reportedly sent Markieff Morris to Dallas in the trade.

Bob
MY NOTE: So the Nets get Dinwiddie back. They must be ecstatic. Him too. Reports are that Mavs gave no assurances, nor received any, of an extension for Kyrie. Cuban is really doing a high-wire act here.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:37 pm

So he can play out the string and go to one of the LA teams next season? That is where he wants to be. No guarantees??? We know about that don’t we Danny????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:07 pm

bobheckler wrote:Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
The Mavericks are sending Dorian Finney-Smith, Spencer Dinwiddie, a 2027 first-round pick and second round picks to the Nets, sources tell ESPN.

The Nets also reportedly sent Markieff Morris to Dallas in the trade.

Bob
MY NOTE:  So the Nets get Dinwiddie back.  They must be ecstatic.  Him too.  Reports are that Mavs gave no assurances, nor received any, of an extension for Kyrie.  Cuban is really doing a high-wire act here.

Mavs are really dumb to make a trade for Short Term rental with no option to buy.

If the Mavs were in a situation where one more significant star will take them to the top, a rental (i.e. Raptors getting Leonard) would make sense.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:15 am

Ktron,

+1 on the Ball Hogging.  That was my first thought elephant in the room.  The remaining 3 starters might as well not even get on the court.  They will never touch the ball.  That's why I'm saying add DAL to your recordings for the rest of the season.  If there ever was the ultimate game of unpinned hand grenade, this is going to be it.  Luka will have no time for this bs.  Thanks a lot, Mark!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:40 am

I'm shocked the Nets got as much as did. Dinwiddie is a good player but does cost $20-$21m over this year and next. Finney-Smith is a decent player on a LT friendly contract and they got a first round pick and a couple 2's. Certainly beats my offer of a box of donuts. Agree with everyone, this thing will blow up by playoff time.
Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:58 am

Ktron wrote:The little Runt is back on the loose.

The Mavs should have just kept Brunson. Less money and less of a headache.

Dumb…

+1 and he’s alot younger, Luka has to let others get more involved

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:59 pm

Since betting is now legal.....what are the odds on him lasting a half a year with Kidd??
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:43 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Ktron,

+1 on the Ball Hogging.  That was my first thought elephant in the room.  The remaining 3 starters might as well not even get on the court.  They will never touch the ball.  That's why I'm saying add DAL to your recordings for the rest of the season.  If there ever was the ultimate game of unpinned hand grenade, this is going to be it.  Luka will have no time for this bs.  Thanks a lot, Mark!

db

If Mark signed him with no guarantee after the next 40 or so games that would be high risk at the very list.
Will this be where the Shark gets bit?

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:43 pm

Considering Dallas did not sign Brunson, this Kyrie trade makes NO sense and Dallas gave up lots to get him. If the Mavs are lucky it will ONLY be a short term rental.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:09 pm

I resuscitate this thread before Kyrie Irving plays his first Mavericks’ game to say I think the trade will work out for Dallas, and I’m glad they’re out west. Luka has had to live with double teams that have (scary thought) limited his production. With KI, that now becomes much harder, and life for Luka, a little easier. Irving is 30, at an age when he might focus more on the job and less on the moment. He has thrived when he’s number 2 to LJ and to KD - look at the Nets’ run before Durant went down. He’s no team leader, proved that in Boston, and won’t have to be, in Dallas. Cuban has enough money to make it all work, and no doubt consulted his star before pulling the trigger…I don’t know about the Nets, unless Simmons wakes up from the nightmare…A healthy Boston can beat either team. Hawk

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:13 pm

And what makes you think that he will want to share when he had one of the greatest players in the league playing beside him. You are very kind. Hey, if it works ....touche' lets see if he decides to put up and shut up
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:32 pm

Just a hunch, Rosalie. He's a talent with a limited shelf life and Dallas needs him.

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down