Maine Celtics in Playoffs

3 posters

Go down

Maine Celtics in Playoffs Empty Maine Celtics in Playoffs

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:12 pm

Anyone who might be interested, the Maine Celtics are on ESPN 2  right now start of playoffs.  Amazing...Kabagnele is looking like a superstar right now
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Maine Celtics in Playoffs Empty Re: Maine Celtics in Playoffs

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:37 pm

They played a great first half, but close to the end of the second quarter, you could tell they were starting to fall apart. Kabanele was in foul trouble but looked awesome in stretch’s of the firsthalf. Valentine played a good game, Snell was out with head injury. They lost
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:48 am

The kid always seems to look for the lob pass on a penetration or pnr.  He'd immediately become The Time Lord's new best friend.  His biggest problem, the one that will keep him out of the NBA, is that he only shot 31.7% from 3 last year.  That number MUST come up for him to have a legit shot (no pun intended) at making an NBA club.  He's 6'1", he can't expect to make it on inside shots alone.  He averaged 8.7 assists/game (31.3mpg) and only 2.9TO/game for a 3.0:1 assist-to-turnover ratio, which is quite nice.

https://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/1631120/

"Fee" averaged 19ppg and 10.8rpg in 30mpg.  4.3 of those 10.8 rebounds are offensive, which makes my heart go pitter-pat.  He also shot 34% from 3, which surprises me.  That's better than JD, on comparable 3pt fgas/game.  34% isn't the NBA league average, but it might be good for bigs.  Guards and wings tend to shoot better from there than bigs.  He's a rim-rocker and pure brute inside, which makes him me and Cowens' favorite type of player.  Unfortunately the days of punishing inside play might be past, but you never know.  

https://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/1629662/

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:29 am

Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
yesterday
Luka Samanic and Mfiondu Kabengele were named to the All-G League 2nd team today, while Fi was named first team All-Defense.

Bob
MY NOTE: Luka was signed by Danny Ainge for the remaining days of their season. He has a non-guaranteed contract for next year for $2M. I don't think Fi makes the team next year, not unless Blake is done and maybe not even then. We're deep at guard (ergo the anticipated departure of Payton) and we're deep at center. Where we could use quality depth is behind the Js.

Well, either way, congratulations to those Maine Celtics, former and current.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:44 am

Kabagnele looked like a superstar at times when I watched Maine Celtic games. But whenever he came here and found himself in a game, he looked lost for the most part. He is a free agent I believe. Luca has a great touch, was terrific for them up there. I will be interested to see if he makes it in the NBA. I wonder if Blake will retire? Somehow, I believe, if we win the title he will walk off into the sunset. But, he has said many times this was a great decision to come here
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:26 pm

Rosalie

I need to check the schedule for their games.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down