jrleftfoot
NYCelt
RosalieTCeltics
gyso
dboss
16 posters

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

Boston Celtics News (2023-2024) - Page 17 Empty Re: Boston Celtics News (2023-2024)

Post by worcester Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:40 am

The 2013-24 Celtics are one of the NBA'S 10 best teams ever. Period. Full stop.

You are 100% spot on willjr.

Your friend is an idiot.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Boston Celtics News (2023-2024) - Page 17 Empty Re: Boston Celtics News (2023-2024)

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:15 am

Celtics’ Jrue Holiday named ‘Tenacious D MVP’ by Jack Black, Kyle Gass: ‘The best of the best’

By LANCE REYNOLDS | lreynolds@bostonherald.com
PUBLISHED:  June 19, 2024 at 7:16 p.m.

The celebratory accolades keep on coming for the Celtics.

Jrue Holiday has long been looked at as one of the best defenders in the NBA, and his tenacity locking down Mavericks’ superstars Luka Doncic and Kyrie Irving in the Finals caught the eye of Tenacious D.

Jack Black and Kyle Gass selected Holiday as the winner of their second annual “Tenacious D MVP Award,” the duo announced in an eclectic social media post Tuesday.

Anthony Davis of the Lakers received the award last year, being the “most tenacious defender” in the league.

Not only did Holiday provide one of the most effective offensive performances in Finals history, his defensive efforts proved to be the difference in the Celtics winning Banner 18, at least in the eyes of Black and Gass.

“For years, the Celtics have been knocking on the door, trying to win that championship, not quite being able to get there,” Black said in a video. “But this year, there was something different. I wonder what changed this year? I wonder why they were victorious this year?”

“Jrue Holiday,” Black and Gass said simultaneously. “The best of the best,” Black added. “The cream of the crop.”

Holiday opened up the scoring in the Game 5 clincher, dropping six points early, on his way to a 15-point, 11-rebound double double. He and fellow guard Derrick White held Doncic and Irving to just 43 points combined.

Holiday and White were voted to the All-Defensive second team in May.

It marked the second consecutive All-Defense nod for White, who along with Holiday forms one the league’s stingiest backcourts. Holiday is an annual staple on the squad, previously earning first-team honors in 2018, ’21 and ’23 and second-team in 2019 and ’22.

It’s safe to say Holiday is ecstatic about receiving the Tenacious D award.

“Yoooo this is crazy,” Holiday said in repost of the video on his Instagram. “(For real) One of my favorite ppl! Love you dude!!”

Black and Gass are determined to get the trophy to the Celtics’ champion.

“We love you, Jrue,” Black said in a social media post. “We will deliver this to you in person or send it FedEx. Your choice. Would love to kick it poolside though. Peace out, my friend. Catch you on the flip flop.”

Holiday is onboard.

“Send me the [address] brother! I’m there!” he responded.

Bob
MY NOTE:  The trophy itself is hysterical, just what you'd expect from Jack Black.  The video is just 1 minute long.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:43 am

Every year teams turn the page.  Whatever impressions that you may have is biased and based on something that happened in the past.  Some folks are consumed by the glass half empty syndrome and are not capable of  seeing that the glass is actually full to the brim.

Every year teams experience transformative changes.  Some are good and some are not.  

Every year players on different teams get injured and are unable to play.

Every year fans from different teams are generally hopeful for something that was better than the year before if they did not win.

There are some teams out there that have a pathetic fan based.  The Sixers are one of those teams with a pathetic fans base.  

Their record speaks for itself.  https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/PHI/

Excuses for why a team wins should never be made.  

The fanbase with a loyal and always hopeful mindset are for the NYK.  Long suffering fan bases surround the Boston Celtics in the East.  

There is just one dynasty in the East and that distinction resides in Boston.  

When will the Sixers, Knicks, Bucks, Heat or Pistons win another championship?  No one can say but I know that the Boston Celtics will raise banner #18 and go to work on #19.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:53 pm

You know, willjr, it's funny in this particular case when one gets into arguments with a buffoon regarding injuries and how things broke that NO ONE ever mentions what we had to deal with regarding KP.  Was our 3rd best scorer injured at any time this past season?  Good part of it?  Oh he was, huh?  

You immediately bring to mind all our BDC days.  This blow hard is a classic BDC unfortunately sports uneducated troll/Celtic Hater.  PHI fans have years and years and years of horrible basketball memories as their past, present and future.  Yes Dr. J saved the day in the early 80's but that's really about it, isn't it?.  Now they have an injury-prone superstar and a temperamental sidekick who folds up like a cheap suit when any form of defense shows up.  Now they are on the cusp again and hoping they can land LeBron or whoever to come "save the day" yet again.   

The best way to handle this knucklehead is to run from him as all he wants is attention, but since we're already engaged, let's send him something ala Bob Heckler back in the BDC days.  My response isn't going to have the devastating numbers a BobH response would have but he might chime in and insert a few things where appropriate and pertinent.  Clearly, I will bow to the MASTER.  Sorry you are caught up in this.  

Here's what you say back.  And feel free to paraphrase, fold, spindle and/or mutilate.

Hey there, my friend, since this looks like this back and forth isn't going anywhere, let's do this.  Can you get your Cameroon superstar healthy for any more than 7 games either during the season but in particular the playoffs?  Good.  Then here in the off-season, can you go and get a third piece like a LeBron or Mitchell or Butler or Curry or Thompson or George or Leonard or Lillard or whoever it is you are going to pick up here in the off-season?  Ok.  Good.  I know this is a big ask since you have Morey there trying to cover his own incompetence for years so far, but I'll take your word for it that maybe you can come through here.  

With a team assembled like that in the Eastern Conference, you would probably be finishing in the Top 3 of the EC standings.  That would put us on a course for meeting in the ECF.  We will meet you there and provided your ENTIRE TEAM is healthy, we will square off against you.  We want you to have no excuses for what is coming.  We will be there with whomever we have show up, injuries or no injuries, 2nd or 3rd team just to make it a fair fight. 

All this doesn't matter, as we will sweep you no matter what team your illustrious knucklehead management team assembles next season.  Morey should have been fired many seasons ago but for some reason PHI continues to hang on to him hoping he can get out of his own way.  You honestly believe he is going to clean PHI out of his own messes?!!  Yeah, good luck with that one.  Expect more bumbling here and you won't be disappointed.  Not being able to find one's ass with both hands comes to mind to describe Mr. Morey.  Second verse, third verse, fourth verse same as the first.  Jerry West went to the Funny Farm thinking each year he could beat the Celtics.  Look up Insanity in your PHI dictionary.  It's the one with the picture of your franchise next to it.

Enjoy those Dr. J posters you have in your basement where you are still living with your mom and dad.  That's all you're going to have for the rest of your life.         

Something like that should suffice.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Thu Jun 20, 2024 2:10 pm

dbrown4 wrote:You know, willjr, it's funny in this particular case when one gets into arguments with a buffoon regarding injuries and how things broke that NO ONE ever mentions what we had to deal with regarding KP.  Was our 3rd best scorer injured at any time this past season?  Good part of it?  Oh he was, huh?  

You immediately bring to mind all our BDC days.  This blow hard is a classic BDC unfortunately sports uneducated troll/Celtic Hater.  PHI fans have years and years and years of horrible basketball memories as their past, present and future.  Yes Dr. J saved the day in the early 80's but that's really about it, isn't it?.  Now they have an injury-prone superstar and a temperamental sidekick who folds up like a cheap suit when any form of defense shows up.  Now they are on the cusp again and hoping they can land LeBron or whoever to come "save the day" yet again.   

The best way to handle this knucklehead is to run from him as all he wants is attention, but since we're already engaged, let's send him something ala Bob Heckler back in the BDC days.  My response isn't going to have the devastating numbers a BobH response would have but he might chime in and insert a few things where appropriate and pertinent.  Clearly, I will bow to the MASTER.  Sorry you are caught up in this.  

Here's what you say back.  And feel free to paraphrase, fold, spindle and/or mutilate.

Hey there, my friend, since this looks like this back and forth isn't going anywhere, let's do this.  Can you get your Cameroon superstar healthy for any more than 7 games either during the season but in particular the playoffs?  Good.  Then here in the off-season, can you go and get a third piece like a LeBron or Mitchell or Butler or Curry or Thompson or George or Leonard or Lillard or whoever it is you are going to pick up here in the off-season?  Ok.  Good.  I know this is a big ask since you have Morey there trying to cover his own incompetence for years so far, but I'll take your word for it that maybe you can come through here.  

With a team assembled like that in the Eastern Conference, you would probably be finishing in the Top 3 of the EC standings.  That would put us on a course for meeting in the ECF.  We will meet you there and provided your ENTIRE TEAM is healthy, we will square off against you.  We want you to have no excuses for what is coming.  We will be there with whomever we have show up, injuries or no injuries, 2nd or 3rd team just to make it a fair fight. 

All this doesn't matter, as we will sweep you no matter what team your illustrious knucklehead management team assembles next season.  Morey should have been fired many seasons ago but for some reason PHI continues to hang on to him hoping he can get out of his own way.  You honestly believe he is going to clean PHI out of his own messes?!!  Yeah, good luck with that one.  Expect more bumbling here and you won't be disappointed.  Not being able to find one's ass with both hands comes to mind to describe Mr. Morey.  Second verse, third verse, fourth verse same as the first.  Jerry West went to the Funny Farm thinking each year he could beat the Celtics.  Look up Insanity in your PHI dictionary.  It's the one with the picture of your franchise next to it.

Enjoy those Dr. J posters you have in your basement where you are still living with your mom and dad.  That's all you're going to have for the rest of your life.         

Something like that should suffice.

db

Good advice DB, he actually came back with a bit of a mea culpa so I backed off trying to get him to see how illogical his argument was. After all, he is a Sixers fan so the lifelong trauma that the Celtics have inflicted on him should be taken into consideration. Hate to beat a man while he’s down.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 20, 2024 2:53 pm

From stories I have read and videos it is rumored thatJT is going to be a father and the mother to be is British singer Ella Mai.  Another rumor says that she is having twins.

Guess little Deuce gets to be the big brother
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jun 20, 2024 3:45 pm

Where do you guys find out all this stuff? Well, he has a house in Newton big enough for all of them!!!!!!!!!!!You guys are too much. Everyone should be as lucky as me, this morning I woke up to a text from my heart doctor, saying that 'All the guys" I am on line with must be really happy!! AND, DO NOT GO TO THE PARADE!!!!!!!1
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:29 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Where do you guys find out all this stuff?  Well, he has a house in Newton big enough for all of them!!!!!!!!!!!You guys are too much.    Everyone should be as lucky as me, this morning  I woke up to a text from my heart doctor, saying that 'All the guys" I am on line with must be really happy!! AND, DO NOT GO TO THE PARADE!!!!!!!1

Rosalie,
Here's one of the sources: https://pagesix.com/2024/06/18/entertainment/ella-mai-debuts-baby-bump-after-boyfriend-jayson-tatum-wins-nba-championship/

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:22 pm

KG and PP LOVIN' this.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 22, 2024 9:15 pm

Reports are that the Celtics will retain Sam Cassell by promoting him to a lead assistant coaching position.   Basically he's getting Charles Lee's old job I think.

There have been rumors the Lakers were still interested in him even after hiring JJ Redick as head coach.

This, if true, is very good news.  Joe's learning curve last year was impressive but experienced and respected assistant coaches are still needed.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:33 am

Here is the salaries, by player, for every team in the NBA.  This can be a useful tool to figure out salary match ups, how much over the aprons the teams are, etc.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-salaries-all-the-2024-25-contracts-team-by-team/?utm_medium=browser_notifications&utm_source=pushly&utm_campaign=4933688

Here is an NBA Trade Machine.  This will help stop you from coming up with crazy trades that cannot happen or, at least, that's the hope.   Laughing

https://fanspo.com/nba/trade-machine

Dates of Significance

Wednesday 6/26 - Thursday 6/27 = NBA draft

Saturday 6/29 = Last Day player options can be exercised and RFAs can receive a qualifying offer

Sunday 6/30 @ 6pm EDT = Negotiations with free agents NOT on your team can begin (legally, anyway)

Saturday 7/6 = Signings, Extensions and Trades can be made official

July 6-7 & 9 = California Classic Summer League (Sacramento)
July 6-7 & 10 = California Classic Summer League (San Francisco)
July 8-10 = Salt Lake City Summer League
July 12-22 = NBA 2K25 Summer League (Las Vegas)

A lot happening this week.  Wednesday and Thursday are the draft, two days later players get locked in (or not) and the day after that is free agency.  A BIG week.  No rest for the weary Celtic front office, probably not until late-July when Summer League is over and decisions are made as to who to invite to camp are made and invitations extended.  A whole month in front of them.  The good news is that, because we're the reigning Champs, we don't need much.  So the pressure is mostly off them.  If we were a shitty or mediocre team they'd be caught up on their sleep because our season would have been over for 4-6 weeks already, but they wouldn't be sleeping at all now.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:26 pm

Celtics Wire has a story about Sam Cassell, does not sound like things are etched in stone here. He says he still is looking for a Head Coach job, they say JJ Reddick still looking to get him on his staff with Rajon Rondo. So until an official announcement is made I will be wondering if the Lakers will yank him away
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:03 pm

Rosalie

If the Pistons come calling he would take that head coaching job.

I really do not see him making a lateral move to LA.

As the lead assistant on the Celtics a head coaching opportunity will open up for him.

I guess I don't see him leaving a championship team for a team that will be bottom feeders in absense of Divine Intervention..lol
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:31 pm

Rondo will be a brilliant assistant and then head coach somewhere some day. He'll need to control his emotions and have an understanding and compatible owner, but he is smart smart.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:26 pm

If anyone wants to start a Boston Celtics News (2024-2025) thread, please do. I got news that I want to post, but I would prefer to have someone else's name as the OP.

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:06 pm

Worcester just did Gyso
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:29 pm

Thanks, W.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:32 pm

Just a fun look back at how Payton Pritchard became famous for an unusual specialty.

This is ALL of them.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:22 am

bobheckler wrote:Just a fun look back at how Payton Pritchard became famous for an unusual specialty.

This is ALL of them.

Bob

👍🏼👍🏼

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:55 am

After almost three years of ownership, Al Horford is moving on from his Massachusetts estate. The acre-plus spread, tucked away just minutes from downtown Boston in the suburban community of Brookline, is back on the market for a smidge under $9 million. The five-time NBA All-Star and highest-paid Latin American player—who is currently competing in the Eastern Conference Finals with the Boston Celtics—acquired the classic Colonial-inspired home for $7.5 million back in fall 2021, shortly after it was newly built. 5 hours ago – via Yahoo Style Canada

Bob
MY NOTE:  Hmmm.  He's going to be here next year, I don't see any way Brad trades him as an expiring contract no matter how well or poorly we play.  He's talking about wanting to play as long as his body lets him, and he says he feels really good, but selling his home in his last contract year suggests he doesn't expect to be here for that much longer.

An acre, in Brookline?! I used to live in Brookline. An acre there is astonishing.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:43 pm

bobheckler wrote:After almost three years of ownership, Al Horford is moving on from his Massachusetts estate. The acre-plus spread, tucked away just minutes from downtown Boston in the suburban community of Brookline, is back on the market for a smidge under $9 million. The five-time NBA All-Star and highest-paid Latin American player—who is currently competing in the Eastern Conference Finals with the Boston Celtics—acquired the classic Colonial-inspired home for $7.5 million back in fall 2021, shortly after it was newly built. 5 hours ago – via Yahoo Style Canada

Bob
MY NOTE:  Hmmm.  He's going to be here next year, I don't see any way Brad trades him as an expiring contract no matter how well or poorly we play.  He's talking about wanting to play as long as his body lets him, and he says he feels really good, but selling his home in his last contract year suggests he doesn't expect to be here for that much longer.

An acre, in Brookline?!  I used to live in Brookline.  An acre there is astonishing.

I posted about this a while back and wondered if Al would return for his final year. Well that question has bene answered. I think we are entering a year to year basis. If the house sells soon, he could just lease a home.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17