Bobby Knight on motivating basketball players

4 posters

Go down

Bobby Knight on motivating basketball players Empty Bobby Knight on motivating basketball players

Post by worcester Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:41 pm

https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1705084816981422474
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Bobby Knight on motivating basketball players Empty Re: Bobby Knight on motivating basketball players

Post by NYCelt Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:59 am

The only piece of sports memorabilia in my office is a personally autographed Bobby Knight basketball.

He had his missteps, yes.

He also was the most plain spoken, direct to the point leader of men I can think of. No time for BS, and didn’t waste time with those who had an agenda that distracted from his objectives and his goals for his team. Highest graduation rate of any NCAA D1 coach.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Bobby Knight on motivating basketball players Empty Re: Bobby Knight on motivating basketball players

Post by worcester Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:56 pm

Yes, NYC. Bobby was tough on his players and media types, but he really cared about developing his players as men, as responsible citizens in the world. Coach K was that way too, without the histrionics.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:29 pm

I would much rather play for John Wooden.

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:42 pm

I think the guys who played for Knight and even with him loved him. He was a wild man at times but he was a great coach. Yes. Wooden was awesome, in a different way than Knight.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down