Message from bobheckler

2 posters

Go down

Message from bobheckler Empty Message from bobheckler

Post by steve3344 Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:00 am

Thought I'd share an email I got from globe-traveler Bob to give all his good friends here an update on his current search for the meaning of life and the reason for his lack of presence on this forum lately:

"FYI, I am on a ship at the Falkland Islands with limited internet access. This is why my posting has dropped. I expect my access will drop to zero as we cross the Antarctic Circle and there's no satellite coverage."

I hope Bob brought his thermal underwear with him. And when he gets out of that part of the world I'm sure his frostbitten fingers will be active again. As he was unable to do it, he wanted to me to share this recent article from the Boston Herald that discussed Jrue Holiday's play:

Jrue Holiday finding more comfort with Celtics after big game vs. Raptors
By STEVE HEWITT | stephen.hewitt@bostonherald.com | Boston Herald
January 16, 2024

Jaylen Brown is typically the Celtics’ tone-setter on both ends. In most first quarters, Brown hunts his shot and plays aggressively on offense, and he brings the energy on defense.

But without Brown available on Monday night in Toronto, the Celtics needed somebody else to step up. This time, it was Jrue Holiday’s turn. That hasn’t often been the case.

With so much talent around him, Holiday hasn’t needed to take on a scoring burden with his new team, which has been just fine with him. He has taken just 10.9 shots per game, his lowest since his rookie season in 2009-10. But without Brown on Monday, the ball kept finding Holiday and he took it upon himself to start the Celtics strong.

It started on defense, where Holiday is always at his best and set the tone for one of the Celtics’ strongest efforts of the year. He had two blocks and a steal in the opening minutes and it seemed to translate to the offensive end, where he was as aggressive as he’s been all season. Holiday scored 10 points on six shots and added three assists in the first 10 minutes as he made his mark.

“It just felt like it was needed,” Holiday told NBC Sports Boston’s Abby Chin of the strong start. “I just took the opportunities that were given to me and really just tried to be aggressive on both ends of the floor.”

Holiday finished with 22 points and seven assists in the Celtics’ 105-96 victory in what was his best offensive game of the season. As the midway point of the season approaches, the 15th-year guard is finding a comfort level with the Celtics.

Holiday has been the embodiment of sacrifice since being acquired by the Celtics on the eve of training camp. After being the No. 2 to Giannis Antetekounmpo in Milwaukee for three seasons, his numbers have been down across the board this year. But his value is clear. He doesn’t want or need to be a top option. A champion in 2021 with the Bucks, he knows what it takes to complete the Celtics’ mission. C’s coach Joe Mazzulla has instilled confidence in the All-Defense guard to quarterback Boston’s defense, and his versatility has made him the ideal replacement for Marcus Smart.

Offensively, it was always going to take some time for Holiday, even as a veteran, to adjust with his new teammates, the times he needs to be more aggressive and the times he needs to facilitate more or take a back seat. It’s clear, with performances like Monday, that he’s figuring out how to strike that balance.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Message from bobheckler Empty Re: Message from bobheckler

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:23 am

Well Bob sure gets around!! Glad to know he is alive and well, and still out there exploring the world, good for him. Not having internet has to be driving him nuts!!!!! Thanks Steve
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down