+4
bobheckler
jrleftfoot
dbrown4
dboss
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jaden Springer traded to Celtics - Page 2 Empty Re: Jaden Springer traded to Celtics

Post by bobheckler Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:50 pm

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Jaden Springer traded to Celtics - Page 2 Empty Re: Jaden Springer traded to Celtics

Post by dboss Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:14 pm

That kid is well put together.

He could become a defensive stopper off the bench for us. He probably will see no minutes unless we are up by 20 going into the 4th QTR.

The Celtics still have a very noticeable preference for offense. IF SH and PP could not make a 3 point shot they would not be playing at all. Veteran ballclubs are very much characterized by a pecking order. Danny had too many draft picks on the roster to development.

I regret that the Celtics moved Aaron Nesmith. I think that they pulled the trigger too soon. He has turned into a reliable 3 and d guy and we do not have that coming off the bench.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:37 pm

Nesmith et al begat Brogdon begat Holliday.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:25 am

jrleftfoot wrote:Nesmith et al begat Brogdon begat Holliday.

JR,

Jeff Green was traded to Memphis for a 1st round pick, which became Aaron Nesmith.

Nesmith was traded (with Malik Fitts, Juwan Morgan, Nik Stauskas and Daniel Theis) + 1st round pick (Julian Strawther selected #29) for Brogdon + TPE + conditional 2nd round pick that was never used.  Of the players in this trade only Nesmith, Theis and rookie Strawther are still in the league.  Strawther has played a total of 493 minutes this year so far, 13mpg, a marginal rotation player.   The only pick worse than #29 is #30, since 1st round picks that late are usually marginal players, but as 1st round picks they have guaranteed contracts.  Therefore, Jeff Green + Theis + marginal rotation player = Brogdon.

Brogdon is traded to Portland with RWill and two 1st round picks (2024 & 2029) + TPE for Jrue Holiday + conditional 2024 pick owned by GSW and we got our own 2029 pick back from a previous trade.  

Ergo:

Jrue Holiday = Jeff Green + Theis + RWill + Strawther.  

The picks seem to more or less even out, so I left them out, our picks will be low and so will the ones we got, and I don't care about TPEs unless they bring me a good player.  RWill is out with knee surgery after playing just 119 minutes this year.  I don't know how much more his knees can take.  Theis is a good, solid backup NBA center.  I'm a fan of Daniel Theis.  Jeff Green's inconsistency made me crazy, but that might be because he was asked to start and carry the team and that was asking too much of him.  Would I rather have him or little-used Oshae Brissett?  That's a tougher question.  Oshae does what he does well, he's just limited.  Would you rather have a limited player who knows he is and plays his game well, or a player who thinks he can do more but can't and/or won't consistently?  Besides, Jeff Green is 37 years old now.  He likely would not still be on this roster now anyway even though he has played 927 minutes this year with Ime in Houston. Bottom line, of all these players who is making a big impact this year? It's pretty much just Jrue. Theis with <700 minutes, Strawther with 493, Green playing minutes on the #10 25-33 Houston Rockets. Theis is averaging 17mpg in Clipperland, so he's a solid, rotation player on a good team and Strawther is a marginal one. Jrue, and maybe Theis. That's it. Would you give up Theis for Jrue? The answer for me is "in a NY second!".

How does it look to you now?  

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2