OKC @ Boston

3 posters

Go down

OKC @ Boston Empty OKC @ Boston

Post by dboss Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:56 pm

Tonight, the Celtics can wrap up their quest to secure the top seed throughout the playoffs.

OKC is in town.  Last night I watched them lose to the  Sixers in a very competitive game.  OKC rested their two top guns (SGA and Jalen Williams)  It seems clear to me that the game tonight vs the Celtics has some importance.

As you know, the Celtics lost to them (1/2/2024) on the road 127-123.  It was a disappointing loss that was characterized by too many TOVS and less than stellar defense. That was also a game where JB did not play well (15 points on 4-18 from the field and a hideous 0-8 from deep)  throw in his 4 turnovers and this was a game that you would like to forget.

We did not protect the ball and we did not defend.

OKC presents some matchup challenges.  

The Thunder do not play with a traditional center.  Chet Holmgren is a 7' 1"  208 LB string bean, that is oozing with talent and they list him as a PF.  KP ate his lunch in the first game so that one favors the Celtics.  The #1 issue will be containing SGA.  You could start JB or Jrue on him but from what i have seen is the need for teams to bring help.  You know he is a bigtime scorer in the paint so you have to contain his activity there.  When they lost to the Buck (3/24/20240  Doc had a master plan at work.  Basically, they were brining traps from all directions whenever he tried to make noise in the paint and were able to take space away from him..  

The other up and coming baller is Jaylen Williams (19 PPG, 4 rebounds and 4.6 assists)  He shoots 43% from deep.  He plays the 3 but he is only 6' 5".  Maybe you put D White on him.  We can easily switch 1-4 on him as needed.  The well built fire plug is Dort who is an excellent knock down 3 point guy.  He is a very physical player and uses all of his 220 lbs to create space off the bounce.  Put Jrue on him.  In terms of size, Giddy is 6' 8".  I think JT can match up with him.

The Celtics can match up with them at every position.  

Our bench will need to be up on their toes.  The Thunder get excellent production from Isaiah Joe the undersized 6' 3" SG who is a another knock down guy at 41.8%. Carsen Wallace another undersized 6' 3" shooting guard also can make the deep ball 42.5%)

Gordon Hayward comes off the bench.  He has only played 21 games for them since the trade.

Overall, the Thunder are a well coached disciplined team that fits very well together.  They are a small ball team that shoots 39% from deep.  

Our bench has been playing very well and they will need to continue that trend tonight.  

We have a significant advantage at center because their primarily back up, Jaylin Williams is really a PF.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

OKC @ Boston Empty Re: OKC @ Boston

Post by dboss Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:22 pm

Scratch that!

SGA and Jaylen Williams have been ruled out for the game tonight.

Insert Jaylin Williams (the other jay) and Aaron Wiggins into the lineup.

The Celtics must NOT let their guard down.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:44 pm

Jaylen?? In ?Out? KP? same? I assume Al is out
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:50 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Jaylen?? In ?Out? KP?  same? I assume Al is out

Jaylen is in the day to day status. Jayden springer is out.

I think Jaylen plays tonight. It's a league clinching game and he has something to atone for from the last time we played them.

All hands on deck

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:25 pm

Questionable per ESPN with scheduled return tonight. Which means he's in. This is wrap up night. All hands on deck!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down