Is there a realistic way Celtics can get Kyle Filipowski in the draft ?

4 posters

Go down

Is there a realistic way Celtics can get Kyle Filipowski in the draft ? Empty Is there a realistic way Celtics can get Kyle Filipowski in the draft ?

Post by international Sun Jun 23, 2024 6:59 pm

Seems like a perfect Celtics to me. 7 footer, two way player, high IQ , good 3 point shooter.

international

Back to top Go down

Is there a realistic way Celtics can get Kyle Filipowski in the draft ? Empty Re: Is there a realistic way Celtics can get Kyle Filipowski in the draft ?

Post by NYCelt Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:57 pm

Hi International.

My guess is that Filipowski would be a long shot.

I agree he would be a nice fit and we need a big or two. I think the minimum price to move up far enough would be one of our primary bench players, like Pritchard or Hauser and either both of this years draft picks, or this years first and a future pick.

I’m not sure Brad would make that deal.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Is there a realistic way Celtics can get Kyle Filipowski in the draft ? Empty Re: Is there a realistic way Celtics can get Kyle Filipowski in the draft ?

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:58 pm

International,

First of all, it's nice to see you.

Secondly, Filipkowski has fallen into the 2nd round per nbadraft.net but is #25 (Knicks) per NBC Sports' mock draft.  My gut, for what it's worth, is that he either goes to the Knicks (they have #24 and #25) because of the uncertainty of Mitchell Robinson, or he falls to #30 and below.  If he falls to #30 then Brad could take him.  I'm still sticking to my guns and say Brad is trading out of the 1st round, but that doesn't mean he couldn't trade out of the 1st round, get some 2nd round picks for the #30, and then use one of those 2nd round picks to take Filipkowski further down. First round picks get guaranteed money and guaranteed 4 year contracts. Second round picks are whatever the team negotiates with the player's agent. For a team that is over the second apron having that kind of financial flexibility makes a lot of sense, especially since we have extensions for Derrick and possibly Sam coming up.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:09 pm

Bob,

Brad could very well trade back out of the first round, as you suggest is possible.

The cost of a first round pick as the team ventures through the second apron may be too much if the goal is to hang onto White and Hauser while paying Tatum.

Brad did make a comment today about the difficulty in moving up, given the CBA rules now affecting the team. He said something to the effect of not moving the picks. I caught it on the fly but it sounds like he’s more likely to move back into the second round than anything.

It’s a weak draft anyway, so perhaps fishing for depth in the second round as you mentioned makes more sense. We need bigs and there aren’t expected to be any potential future starting bigs past the first few, so why hamstring the team financially when Horford and perhaps Porzingis will need quality replacements soon.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:39 am

Pass, he can’t defend

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down