beat
swedeinestonia
jeb
LACELTFAN
Sam
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Some Holiday Cheer to All Board Members Empty Some Holiday Cheer to All Board Members

Post by Sam Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:30 am

To the Board:

Among many other blessings, this is a time of year that makes me particularly grateful for being part of this board. Yes, it is a season to be jolly, and I can't imagine a more good-humored bunch of people. But, even more important, we've had ample opportunity, over time, to witness how the board has become a community that unites to provide support when members need it.

Whether it's Jeb's determination to lick some cancer every day; or Matty's impending trip to the uncertainties of Arizona; or Beat's (maybe more appropriately "Upbeat's") juggling of support for his son and daughter, care of parents, struggles with the snow blower, and trivia quizzes; or Hoop de Doo's recovery from having a car take out much of his restaurant; or Silent Reader's thoughtfulness of others as she battles some physical ailments herself; or Mustang's family dealing with a recent family loss; or Rosalie's concerns about her nephew's well-being; or Swede's recent relocation; or Bobc's recovery from a knee procedure; or any of the many other challenges confronting members of this board...this congregation represents a most unusual haven.

Although most members have never met one another, this is a bastion of good will and unqualified support...virtually the antithesis of what I believe most message boards can claim. The diversity of locations, perspectives, and team allegiances could tear some boards apart. It somehow seems to strengthen this one.

If my household is any indication, it is important to recognize other family members, who have to endure our preoccupations, gnashing of teeth, and (in some instances) demolishing of household furniture over the course of a Celtics season. Talk about long-suffering! In all seriousness, I'm not quite sure how or why they submit to it, but they deserve our endless gratitude.

It would be unfair not to single out the administrators (NYCelt, gyso, Pete, dboss and 112288) for all the work they do—mostly quietly and behind the scenes—to make this a constantly better environment. Perhaps their greatest and most difficult contribution is to help keep this old guy reasonably lucid and centered on what's really best for the board.

So, regardless of our various religious beliefs (or disbeliefs), it seems especially appropriate, as 2010 draws to a close, to be most grateful for this board of most remarkable people and those who support them. To continue would be maudlin. So I'll just thank everyone profusely and wish you and yours a happy, healthy holiday season and New Year.

Oh yeah, and GO CELTICS!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Some Holiday Cheer to All Board Members Empty Re: Some Holiday Cheer to All Board Members

Post by LACELTFAN Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:39 am

Go Celtics...and I'm raising a glass to this board.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Some Holiday Cheer to All Board Members Empty Re: Some Holiday Cheer to All Board Members

Post by jeb Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:46 am

Cheers Mods!

I cant make it booze anymore ...maybe evah but I raise a glass of soul to the mine sweepers/miracle workers here at Sam's Celtic Forum.

Love/ Respect

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:39 am

Happy Holidays to everybody and thanks to the staff + members for providing this amazing experience that this board is. Hope you and yours all stay well.

God Jul och Gott nytt år!
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:40 am

That's one great avatar, Swede. Is there a story behind it?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:14 am

To ALL of you guys,

This place is a haven for me in many ways. I can allways count on solid info and advice and beyond that a good laugh when things might not be going so well.

I'd love to list you all and say a couple words but I'm sure i'd leave someone out. However I will say to my buddy Jeb, have a happy holiday season and many many more!!

PS (and rather than start a new thread) Marcus came back to earth last eve.
Only went 1 for 4 from deep and was 2 for 2 at the line, 5 points 3 boards 3 assists, steal, block and turnover. Team won pretty easy 59-41 after racing out to a 22-2 lead. But the neatest play was later in the game Marcus was pulling some mop up duty with the subs and got the ball out on the break. But rather than go in for an easy layup on the left he waited and made a nice feed to his cousin Avery who doesn't play a lot and hasn't scored this year yet. Avery got fouled and made a foul shot. To me that play alone showed what a great kid I've got!

Thanks again everyone!

beat! santa
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:40 pm

@ Beat

Marcus made a very Celtic move with Avery...BRAVO Marcus!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:50 pm

Wow, Beat. The spirit of giving. Cool.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:03 pm

Sam Jeb

DIdn't quite finish it correctly Marcus drew the player towards him then threw a nice bounce pass to Avery. Avery is the same age as Marcus but is a grade behind, really didn;t know if he would even make the team. Kid has some raw skills but not a real good basketball sense. He tends to rush things.

When Marcus made the pass Avery fumbled it and in the split second it took him to find the handle, it gave the defender time to challenge the shot and make Avery miss but he fouled him.

Good start to the season 3 blowout wins, Marcus getting regular playing time and averaging 7+ points 4 boards a game. Shooting 40% overall FG and 35 % from 3 and is so far perfect from the stripe although he's only shot 3.

Happy Holidays!!!

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:59 pm

Sam wrote:That's one great avatar, Swede. Is there a story behind it?

Sam

Dont know if theres that much of a story to it but it is me sometime in kindergarten playing some kind of "memory" game I am guessing. Looks like whatever they put in the water back then worked to keep the kids happy + drooling.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:15 pm

To Sam, the moderators, and the rest of you half crazed leprecauns,

Thanks for making this a place to go get a smile or a break from what otherwise might not be a perfect world. My best wishes to all of you from down south in north florida. Stay safe and keep loved ones close if you can.

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:37 pm

Bunch of good souls on this. It is a pleasure to know you all.

Best to you and your families for a merry christmas and safe and healthy 2011.

Paul (mrkleen)
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:39 pm

Beat

That all sounds like good daddin and coachin!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:48 pm

Thanks Jeb

Making the right decisions seem to come pretty good to him. Dosen't always work out but there are some things beyond anyones control.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:57 pm

beat

Man there surely are. Thats where character comes in and just what the person has inside em
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:46 pm

To all Mods, Members and guests:
Have safe and happy Holidays!
Please be healthy and enjoy life!
Thank you very much for all your posts.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:22 pm

To everyone here:

Happy Holidays and thank you all for making this the best place to hang out, talk Celts, and experience a part life, in a very unique way, in a very special place!

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:21 pm

Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays to all. What a wonderful bunch of guys, and at least one gal, you are. (Huuuummmm, say Sam, speaking as a single guy can we make an effort to recruit more female Celtics fans?)

The first eggnog with brandy is on me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:03 pm

Bobc,

A number of the readers are female fans. Some have joined recently. Others feel more comfortable reading than posting, although, when they do happen to post, women like Quiet Reader from Japan and Kelly Green from Massachusetts make great sense and contribute welcome substance to the board. I've had extensive conversations with both of them off the board (and continuing discussions with others from BDC days too), and I can't imagine nicer people.

Not one female has mentioned this to me...not a single one. But, if you were a self-respecting female, how comfortable would you feel mixing it up with a bunch of guys tossing out the not-so-veiled innuendos and the half-unveiled avatars that appear on this board?

Rosalie is an exception because Rosalie has seen it all and knows that men in a sports setting (and I definitely include myself) basically enjoy being large infants anyway. If she were face-to-face with us, she'd probably just spank us and put us to bed without any supper every once in a while to keep us straight. But, instead, she just navigates over and around the boys-night-out stuff good-naturedly and with great grace.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:15 pm

Sam wrote:Bobc,

Not one female has mentioned this to me...not a single one. But, if you were a self-respecting female, how comfortable would you feel mixing it up with a bunch of guys tossing out the not-so-veiled innuendos and the half-unveiled avatars that appear on this board?

Sam

i thought i'd comment on this,, especialy in light of my impending trip out west, "The Kid" as i call her, or when addressing her, simply "Kid" is one of those females who loves to mix it up with the guys- beer chugging, cursing, high fiving gal who loves football and basketball.. the kind of girl who suggests going to Hooters.. and her Favorite player has been since he showed up in Indy has been jermaine O'neil..

if things go well maybe i will invite her to join our little family here..

meanwhile, hope everyone enjoys these last few days of 2010 and may saterday find all of us with those we love as we watch Boston go onto win #15 in a row
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:24 pm

Sam,

"half-unveiled avatars" I know not of what you speak. Question

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:25 pm

God bless us, EVERYONE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvmlmcmLPQI

I cannot get the one that I want to work. Use the following link and pick the one with the boy in the white shirt and tie with the words, "God bless us everyone" below.

http://tinyurl.com/24529na

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:36 pm

I hope everyone here is having a joyous holiday season.

The best to us all in the year to come!
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:05 am

Matty, she'd be more than welcome.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:23 pm

Everyone have a happy holiday, and an outstanding New Year! I have allot of things that I have been blessed with. Family, roof over my head, never going hungry, clothes on my back, and steady employment. I am also blessed that I crossed paths with Sam, can you believe, almost three years ago already. That encounter eventually lead me to Sam's Forum. What a great bunch of people on this site. Sam talks about what a great community the board has become. It must be. How else can you explain when one of us is going through a real tough time right now and I cannot shake him from my mind, even when busy at work. Jeb, I will especially be thinking of you during the holidays. Sam & Mrs. Sam, BobH, Beat, Matty, NYCelt, LACelt, dboss, Gyso, Cow, Steve, Rosalie, and everyone else thank you for another year of allowing me to be a part of your community here in Sam's Forum. Ok, now I am rambling. Best of luck for the New Year.

Go San Diego ST. Aztecs!

MG
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next