beat
swedeinestonia
jeb
LACELTFAN
Sam
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Some Holiday Cheer to All Board Members - Page 2 Empty Re: Some Holiday Cheer to All Board Members

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:51 pm

Listen guys, you are all still teenagers inside an aging body! Whatever turns you on, go for it. Not one of you has offended me in all the time I have been on board. Maybe that is because I grew up around all of this kind of behavior!!! In my next life, I will come back as a 6'9" forward who can handle the ball the way Rondo can! Does that tell you a little about how short I really am???

I look forward every day to reading everyone's entries to the board. Some days I reply, some days I just smile, some days I just start thinking about what I will say the next time. You are all gentlemen to me, and I appreciate all of the work that all of you put into this endeavor.

Whatever you celebrate during this holiday season, my best wishes go out
to all of you. Now.......just bring home a winner on Christmas day and it will
make my holiday a success.

Jeb--keep up the positive thinking, it goes a long way. God Bless....I pray you beat this thing. Kiss that cute dog for me!!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Some Holiday Cheer to All Board Members - Page 2 Empty Re: Some Holiday Cheer to All Board Members

Post by jeb Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:10 pm

Rosie T

You can COUNT on it.

Merry Christmas to all my fellow board members. I love all of you and hope that this Christmas is one of the best.

The warmth yall have shown me and the support has hardened my faith in my fellow humans.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:30 pm

People who have known me for a long will recognize this email. I don't send it out every year, it's a bit tedious to write and self-serving, but I act on it every year and have been doing so since my mid-20s. Due to my travel schedule, I am finally getting around to writing this although I took care of it last week. My primary reason for writing this at all is to encourage all of you to follow me.

In a nutshell, I do not send out Christmas/Holiday/Chanukah cards. Hallmark does not need my money, even in this economy. What I do, and have been doing for decades, is this:

I go to a store and I pick out a nice card and price it. I take the price of that card, plus the cost of postage, and add them together to figure out my cost/card. I then create my card list. Over the years it has grown to over 45 names. I multiply my cost/card x the number of names on the list and then

I donate that money to charity.

This year, a check for $100 was given to Second Harvest Food Bank, servicing San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties. This may sound like lot of money to some, but believe me, when you sit down and think about how much you actually spent on cards and postage you'll find that your number probably isn't too far off from this. Maybe even more.

This has been a time of great need for many people here in the U.S. If you ended up spending less money for the holidays than you budgeted, please consider helping those who have no budget at all to spend. It's good karma. If you can't do that then please consider doing this, or something like it, next year.

Merry Christhanukwanzaa and Happy New Year to all.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:51 pm

I personally think that is a terrific thing to do. Cards are nice for those that you seldom see, maybe once a year. But for those who are in your life daily and weekly, what is the purpose.

My kids and my husband and I chose something very similar a few years ago. My family: Mother, Brother, Sisters and siblings and nieces and nephews hold a grab, the cost is supposed to be $20.00 per gift per person. Junk just kept
accumulating and my kids just balked at continuing this. So, we now take that money, plus whatever else we want or can give, and donate it. One year we bought coats for an entire family, plus toys for the kids. Another time we donated to "Joe for Oil" so that a family could have some relief
with their oil bill. This year it was "Make A Wish". After doing this, the entire
family feels so much better for having helped someone. There is so much
heartache out there right now, that anything that anyone can do is a terrific thing.

Bob, your donation to a food bank will certainly help and is a wonderful
thing. This is what the holidays are really about to me.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:38 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I personally think that is a terrific thing to do. Cards are nice for those that you seldom see, maybe once a year. But for those who are in your life daily and weekly, what is the purpose.

My kids and my husband and I chose something very similar a few years ago. My family: Mother, Brother, Sisters and siblings and nieces and nephews hold a grab, the cost is supposed to be $20.00 per gift per person. Junk just kept
accumulating and my kids just balked at continuing this. So, we now take that money, plus whatever else we want or can give, and donate it. One year we bought coats for an entire family, plus toys for the kids. Another time we donated to "Joe for Oil" so that a family could have some relief
with their oil bill. This year it was "Make A Wish". After doing this, the entire
family feels so much better for having helped someone. There is so much
heartache out there right now, that anything that anyone can do is a terrific thing.

Bob, your donation to a food bank will certainly help and is a wonderful
thing. This is what the holidays are really about to me.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Rosalie

rosalie,

You're gonna think I'm "just saying this", but I'm not. Of all the people on this board that I considered might already be doing something like this, you were at the top of the list.

Always nice to be right. :-)

Wonderful stuff, Rosalie, wonderful stuff. Between the two of us, let's see if we can start a movement.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2