Where There's Smoke..............There's Sheed?

+5
LACELTFAN
mrkleen09
cowens/oldschool
jeb
9 posters

Go down

Where There's Smoke..............There's Sheed? Empty Where There's Smoke..............There's Sheed?

Post by 112288 Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:50 pm

Is 'Sheed planning a return to the Celtics?
E-mail | Print | Comments (53) Posted by Chad Finn, Globe Staff January 11, 2011 10:49 AM
Stephen A. Smith, the ubiquitous but undeniably well-sourced reporter/personality, said he believes so, telling Dan Patrick on the latter's radio show this morning that Rasheed Wallace will come out of retirement to give the Celtics some front-line depth in the playoffs.

Smith said Wallace, a 15-year veteran who retired after averaging 9.0 points per game last season with the Celtics, told him the plan is to come out of retirement because he wants another shot at the Lakers in the NBA Finals. The Lakers defeated the Celtics in 7 games last year, with Wallace collecting 11 points and 8 rebounds while starting in place of the injured Kendrick Perkins.

Smith told Patrick that the Celtics' plan, should they meet the surging Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals, will be to challenge them with "brute size," adding Wallace to a frontcourt that already includes Kevin Garnett, Shaquille O'Neal, Jermaine O'Neal, and Glen Davis, with Perkins due to return from a knee injury relatively soon.

"The question from me from Day 1 [about the Heat is] can they beat the Boston Celtics?" Smith said.

It's worth noting that Smith has been correct when it comes to surprising NBA news recently.
He was the first to report that LeBron James and Chris Bosh would join Dwyane Wade with the Heat.

Last edited by 112288 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Where There's Smoke..............There's Sheed? Empty Re: Where There's Smoke..............There's Sheed?

Post by jeb Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:16 pm

nnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooo
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Where There's Smoke..............There's Sheed? Empty Re: Where There's Smoke..............There's Sheed?

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:23 pm

......hope hes working out,if JON goes down,looking like a real possibility,why not,who else is out there?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:29 pm

man i aint for it Cow this years team has SUCH good chemistry.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:44 pm

If Doc is forced with any regularity to play Shaq the kind of minutes he did tonight - they are going to end up with ZERO legit big men very soon. Sorry, but Semih is not ready for prime time. Not even close.

If JON is done, we need another legit big man. Period.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:14 am

Semih is allright Kleen he's just hurt like the rest of em, KG will be back soon and thats going to help a ton but i damn sure see your point. Itsa tough one.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:33 am

I am not a big Sheed fan either Jeb....but not sure what else is out there.

I like Semih too...but he is regressing as the season goes along IMO. As soon as anyone lays a body on him, he just sort of backs off...plus, the refs give him no respect.

We either need JON, or another veteran to play that role.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:34 am

Sheed had problems last year staying in shape to play, I'm going to assume it's just a lot of talk unless I hear that he is working out hard to get into playing shape. Difficult to see him really coming back.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:02 am

lacelt

I think he def has the skills to come back. If he has not been really working out though he will be worse than last year.

I dont know, torn.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:33 am

jeb wrote:lacelt

I think he def has the skills to come back. If he has not been really working out though he will be worse than last year.

I dont know, torn.

jeb,

Rasheed Wallace? Keep himself in "playing shape"?

When has that ever happened?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:39 am

also, didn't they just send Bradley down to DL? What does that mean as far as the roster goes? Nothing?
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:10 pm

dbrown

to take Sheed someone has to let go. We have 15 contracts right now. Thats the limit. So a 2 for 1 trade or outright release of somebody would have to happen. I see a trade before I see us eating a contract.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:15 pm

Dbrown,

Nothing.

Each team is allowed 15 players on the roster. If a player goes to the DL, he's still one of the 15. If he gets pulverized and misses dozens of games (Perk), he's still one of the 15.

The inflexible 15-man roster was instituted to do away with injured reserve and phantom injuries. Note how few 10-day contracts are being offered nowadays. It's because one of the 15 would have to be released, bought out, or traded to make way for another player.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:24 pm

He would be a easy fit as he knows the system and I am sure someone has given him a book to study.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down