SCAL MAY BE COACHING WITH A TEAM NEAR YOR

2 posters

Go down

SCAL MAY BE COACHING WITH A TEAM NEAR YOR Empty SCAL MAY BE COACHING WITH A TEAM NEAR YOR

Post by 112288 Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:02 pm

Coming soon: Coach Scal?
March, 15, 2011
MAR 15
8:57
PM ET
EmailPrintComments
By ESPNBoston.com
Here's a tidbit from our colleagues at ESPNChicago.com about old friend Brian Scalabrine and what Doc Rivers sees as his future as an NBA coach:

Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers has a good eye for head-coaching potential, and he’s identified another candidate.

Rivers campaigned for former assistant Tom Thibodeau to get a head-coaching job, and now Thibodeau is considered a Coach of the Year favorite with the Bulls.

One of Thibodeau’s players also has a bright coaching future, according to Rivers, who was visiting ESPN 1000 studios on Tuesday and took a call from Bulls reserve and former Celtics back-up Brian Scalabrine.

“Scal is going to be a hell of a coach,” Rivers said. “He’s in the same spot I was in at the same point in his career, and all he says is, ‘No I’m going to do TV. I’m going to do radio.’ And I just shake my head, sure Scal.

“Scalabrine, mark my words, will be an NBA coach, and a good one.”

Rivers praised Scalabrine’s work ethic, and he also said the tradition of fans chanting Scalabrine’s name late in games didn’t originate in the United Center.

“We started that, right Scal? So they’re stealing what we did in Boston,” Rivers said. “I think Chicago should get something more original than that.”

“It’s grown to a whole new level here,” Scalabrine countered.

Back to top Go down

SCAL MAY BE COACHING WITH A TEAM NEAR YOR Empty Re: SCAL MAY BE COACHING WITH A TEAM NEAR YOR

Post by Sam Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:06 am

No surprise here. As long as three season ago, it seemed a likely occurrence.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down