beat
mrkleen09
MDCelticFan
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Laker Championship Ring Empty Laker Championship Ring

Post by MDCelticFan Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:08 am

Did anyone happen to notice the design of the Laker championship ring that was shown on Inside the NBA? I was flabbergasted! They actually have a likeness of Kobe's image on the side of the ring itself. This is the epitomy of egotism, and goes directly counter to the team concept of accomplishments represented by championship memorabilia. It never ceases to amaze me how self centered and selfish Kobe Bryant is. There should be a picture of him in Webster's dictionary beside the works: Selfish & egotistical!

MDCelticFan

Back to top Go down

Laker Championship Ring Empty Re: Laker Championship Ring

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:26 am

Each ring has a picture of the PLAYER RECEIVING IT....they dont all have Kobe on the side Laughing
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:00 am

Of course they would show the likeness of Kobe on TV

Wonder what the likeness of vucabitch's would have looked like? Or Lukey?Of course it is time to think about carving pumpkins for halloween.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:27 pm

beat wrote:Of course they would show the likeness of Kobe on TV

Wonder what the likeness of vucabitch's would have looked like? Or Lukey?Of course it is time to think about carving pumpkins for halloween.

beat

beat,

One of the nice things about this forum is that I can now go back to calling that embarrassingly ineffective, one-dimensional scrub "Sasha Eurobitch" without getting an email from the mods (at least, I'm hoping I won't. Let's use this as a test :-).

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:29 pm

Bob,

The silence is deafening!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:03 pm

I wonder how sasha's therapy is going? After Ray (to quote dj) "went all veteran on him"

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:08 pm

bobheckler wrote:

beat

beat,

One of the nice things about this forum is that I can now go back to calling that embarrassingly ineffective, one-dimensional scrub "Sasha Eurobitch" without getting an email from the mods (at least, I'm hoping I won't. Let's use this as a test :-).

bob

Okay, I'm game. Where is the "Report this Post " button?

You're Bob Who?

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:03 pm

gacracker wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

beat

beat,

bob

Okay, I'm game. Where is the "Report this Post " button?

You're Bob Who?

GC

Actually this is a test within a test. Whenever I reported someone at BDC, nothing happened to them.

I got deleted instead. So I'm still here fellas! Everything is cool. Very Happy

Welcome Bob!

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:52 pm

MDCelticFan wrote:Did anyone happen to notice the design of the Laker championship ring that was shown on Inside the NBA? I was flabbergasted! They actually have a likeness of Kobe's image on the side of the ring itself. This is the epitomy of egotism, and goes directly counter to the team concept of accomplishments represented by championship memorabilia. It never ceases to amaze me how self centered and selfish Kobe Bryant is. There should be a picture of him in Webster's dictionary beside the works: Selfish & egotistical!

MD, I'm in one of those moods today. I'm surprised each ring doesn't have the image of Phil Jackson etched in one side, and that Phil didn't require each Purple Panzy, oops, I mean Laker player, to read a book on "How to Worship Red Holtzman with Jerry Buss' Money" as reading requirements before being allowed to accept the ring!!

Sorry Sam, it's been building up in me in having to be nice on the other site. I'll accept the $50 fine and the technical foul here!! Although, I may hire Beat and NYCelt to represent my appeal. By the way, does anyone know if Jack Nicholson also received a ring last night. Rumor has it that he and Dianne Cannon had a fist fight in the tunnel over who deserved the award as the best Hollywood Laker fan.

David

Last edited by David14 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar corrections)
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:06 pm

David

I will gladly take your case.

I think our best chance is to plead insanity.
I heard the fight between Diane and Jack took place as they were leaving during the third quarter.

I really have no love lost here either. As my original name on BDC of beatLA may indicate. Acting is fake and fits right in with the fakers.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:31 pm

Beat, you are hired. As we "talk" our discussion reminds of John Mellencamp's Jack and Dianne song. Mellencamp is a very serious Larry Bird fan, therefore he's okay in my book. He's an Indiana guy through and through! I actually loved your BeatLA username. I think most of us will always feel our second favorite NBA team is anyone playing the Purple Panzies. I couldn't use my descriptive name on the other site, however, even though I am sure the "bad guys" read these posts, I won't have to spend three hours fielding their comebacks on this site.

I agree about that Hollywood crowd. They typically show up when one of the LA teams wins, but strangely enough the seats are normally empty when their teams are losing. I also said they should use their amply supply of balloons on those empty chairs to save their seats from those coming down from the nosebleed sections!!

Good strategy with the "insanity plea". There are days that I am not sure it's not true!! On the other hand, I don't get more T's than Perk and Sheed though......

David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by spikeD Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:25 pm

The best Hollywood Laker fan, in her prime, was Doris Day.

spikeD

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:30 pm

spike

When Doris was in her prime...

the Lakers were in Minnesota weren't they?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:40 pm

spikeD wrote:The best Hollywood Laker fan, in her prime, was Doris Day.

Yo Spike, you are an NBA fan. I think Beat is right though. Although, if you looked at the Laker warmup jackets last night, they took "adverse possession" of Minnesota since the jackets appeared to imply that the Los Angeles Lakers won 15 championships!!! I guess that would make Doris happy.

David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by spikeD Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:04 pm

It depends on your definition of the word 'prime'. Doris was born in 1922. Every guy should read Benjamin Franklin on the joys of older women.

For the record, the Lakers moved to LA in 1960. Pillow Talk with Rock Hudson came out in 1959 and DD was nominated for an Oscar. More facsinating movies followed in '60 and '61, Lover Come Back and Send Me No Flowers. I liked her in Teacher's Pet with Clark Gable because it was about secrets and writing. DD was an absolute babe in a Fifties sort of way. I even forgive her being a Lakerette.

spikeD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:13 pm

A great animal rights advocate.

Que Sera Sera.
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticFan Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:15 am

If it were up to me to give the Lakers a ring, I'd tell them not to bathe for a week (not unusual for Sasha Eurobitch) then they could put their own ring around their bath tubs! PURPLE PANZIES-I love it!-Priceless!-MD.

MDCelticFan

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:27 am

MD, don't tell anyone about my description for Panzie boys in purple. Don't want to ruin C9L2's reputation for being nice (just kidding). It's all in good fun. When you find yourself playing basketball and racquetball with folks wearing purple and "yellow" (never saw it as "gold), and they continue to verbally "trash" the Celtics and Boston in general ones gets more motivated to "win" where a proper nickname for the competitors is created in return.

Take care,
David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:15 am

MD, Follow-up-

MD, in fairness I should disclose that I have many Lakers fans friends who have been friends for years. Our debates, unlike what I saw on BDC, are fun, friendly, and harmless. We usually ended up taking the debates to a basketball court, a racquetbal or tennis court, or a bowling alley. Since the C's, like the dreaded Yankees, really have set the standard for championships, my Lakers fan friends have always been the aggressors. Therefore, my "patented name" for the West Coast group was in reaction to the names my friends created for our beloved Celtics. Just wanted to be sure everyone knew our stuff is all in good fun. On the other hand, I do love Beat's large font thoughts on the Lakers!!!

Take care,
David

Last edited by David14 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:27 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling and to add a clarification)
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:13 pm

D14

I got a mess of laker friends too. It aint harmless the jive that gets talked on both sides but it is friendly.

They know how I feel about the green so they cap on me ever chance they get.

That's what was bewildering to me about those screwheads on bdc. And why in the hell are you as a laker troll on a Celtics site? Stalker comes to mind.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:39 pm

jeb65 wrote:D14

I got a mess of laker friends too. It aint harmless the jive that gets talked on both sides but it is friendly.

They know how I feel about the green so they cap on me ever chance they get.

That's what was bewildering to me about those screwheads on bdc. And why in the hell are you as a laker troll on a Celtics site? Stalker comes to mind.

Jeb

Jeb, I do know what you mean about some Lakers fans just being mean spirited. I avoid those guys in real life. However, some are just normal sports fans that put sports as a secondary priority to life, family, and work. On the other hand, some are not worth talking to. The Lakers fans on BDC that have caused problems are not simply Lakers fans, they have indicated they hated Boston in general. I learned that early in my posting career, and did get into some angry exchanges until I was banned by BDC after they reported me as an abusive Celtics fan. I toned it down after that as best I could. In fact, they indicated that they hated my username which discussed the Celtics 9 wins in 11 championship finals.

Jeb, your post was not quite clear. When you say "you", do you think I am a Lakers fans just because I think folks like MG, Babyskyhook, and some others are good folks who simply support the wrong team. Please let me know your thoughts.
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:13 pm

D14

To wit.

I got a funny way of talkin. Lord no I didn't mean you are a Laker fan. Was tryin to talk about Tini and gk and that bunch.

MG and Sky are welcome here because they root for their team...but mainly to my way of seeing things because they can talk hoop around the nba. Both guys flat know their shit. Had a nice talk with Sky inre Duncan and the Spurs and he KNOWS. Both Sky and MG are up to snuff on their hoop history as well. Hence they get respect from me and you and everyone here at Sam's.

It is my thinking that Tini and Gk and all them rolls are frontrunners who like who Nike tells them to like. I bet they followed Phil from Chicago where they were huge Bulls fans. The only thing they know is their team and right now. Total lack of insight into anybody else.

I think they are still smarting from that alabama asswhuppin we put on them in game 6 and I think they fear KG and that they know we are coming for them this year. They don't like it. And they shouldn't cause we are going to take that ring from their sweaty little Faker hands.

Make sense?

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:14 pm

David, I suspect Jeb was using "you" as someone might use "one." As in: why is one on a Celtics site if one is a Lakers troll?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:24 pm

Sam- I agree. I love Jeb's participation on your site. He keeps things very light and his enthusiasm is infectious. I just didn't want the other "readers" to misunderstand. Anyone playing the Lakers will always be my "passionate" second favorite team!! You also know how impressed I am with your work!!! You are an extremely talented and remarkable person despite the fact I guess we are supposed to be over the hill under "Celtic hater" rules.

Jeb- I love your participation and fully understand "Jebism" language. Don't worry, I write very fast and Davidism sometimes confuses people as well. You are one of my favorite posters. Everything you said about "alabama asswhuppin" makes great sense. You said it far better than I could.

Thanks for the clarification--I really look forward to meeting you some day. Hopefully, we will have a chance. Please keep up the "Jebism" posts, I need the laughs...

Last edited by David14 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:58 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling- grammar corrections)
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:54 pm

D14

Being from the south I came up around some serious colorful characters. All those boys and relatives could talk and there I was listening. It all stuck in myth head. The south is full of guys that can really turn a phrase.

Inre yalls age. Man it is an asset to this site. I couldnt see those great teams play but I have sure done some reading and to hear you guys that were there offer your thoughts and opinions is what makes this site the very special one of a kind place it is. I cant soak up enough of it. (it being all the experience and wisdom those of you that saw those 60's teams offer) I can only speak for myself but I say keep it coming!

I hope to meet all a yall at some point. I feel like I have really been embraced here and like I got 70 something new friends. Maybe we can all try to get to boston to see a game. I big giant posting pack of us. Let the trolls see that coming! They will haul ass back up under their rocks!

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next