Nenad Krstic News

3 posters

Go down

Nenad Krstic News Empty Nenad Krstic News

Post by gyso Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:48 pm

Nenad Krstic News Nenad-10

Nenad Krstic was crowned bwin MVP for November (whatever bwin means)

On the day he was crowned bwin MVP for November, Nenad Krstic of CSKA Moscow celebrated being chosen as the Euroleague’s best player over the past month with a Euroleague.net interview. Krstic joined frontcourt mate Andrei Kirilenko to become the first teammates in the eight-year history of the award to win back-to-back monthly MVP titles. The veteran center, who is playing his first season for the Russian champions, has helped guide CSKA to a perfect 6-0 Euroleague record thus far. In addition to his averages of 15.3 points on 61.5% shooting, 7.5 rebounds, 1 blocks and 22.3 performance index rating, Krstic saved his best game for last with a dominating performance against Zalgiris to finish November in style after Kirilenko was injured. In this interview, Krstic summed up CSKA’s four impressive November wins – including an overtime thriller at reigning Turkish Airlines Euroleague champion Panathinaikos –and looked ahead to the future. "The fact that we have a 6-0 record doesn't mean at all that we will go to the Final Four. There are many good teams out there and we will see what happens in the Top 16 and the playoffs," Krstic told Euroleague.net. Remaining both optimistic and modest, he concluded "I think we have a good chance, but at the same time, we haven't done anything yet."

There's more, see the link:

http://www.eurocupbasketball.com/features/interviews/euroleague-2011-12/i/90429/5926/nenad-krstic-cska-moscow

I hope the Celtics buy his contract out. He isn't THE answer, but he is an answer.

Back to top Go down

Nenad Krstic News Empty Re: Nenad Krstic News

Post by NYCelt Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:01 pm

gyso,

I'm glad you found and posted that. There's not a wealth of information that presents itself on that league and I've been to lazy to search.

I agree with you that while not our ultimate long term center it would be good to see him back here.

I think I read somewhere he would be eligible to rejoin the Celtics in early May after his obligation to CSKA is up, but saw no reference to it in this story. Have you heard anything about his eligibility to return should we want him and have room?

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:10 pm

NYCelt,

I only know that he does not have an opt-out clause for this season. I think he has a player opt-out for the second year of his contract with CSKA Moscow.

He could get bought out this year with cash, or so I have read.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:05 pm

Krstic cannot opt-out this year, but the Celtics can buy him out IF CSKA is willing to listen to offers.

Considering that they are one of the better teams in their leagaue and they are losing AK47 to the NBA, they might not be willing to lose their other big name player.

That'd be like the Celtics losing Paul Pierce and then allowing KG to be bought out mid-season.

I agree he is an answer, not the answer, if the question is "Could he help the Celtics?". But what if the question is "Is it in his current team's best interests to let him leave?". Then, he might not be an answer we'd like to hear.

Still, positive vibes, let's keep pumping out positive vibes...

We love you, Nenad; we love you, Nenad; we love you Nenad...

It might be better, though, to do "you need US Dollars, CSKA; you need US Dollarss, CSKA; you need US Dollars, CSKA..."

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:30 pm

Thanks gyso!

Bob, I see you're going with the flash greenbacks method; always a good strategy...
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down