beat
jeb
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mr Pierce the closer here to see you Empty Mr Pierce the closer here to see you

Post by jeb Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:44 pm

Fellas

With the defense this squad is playing and the plethora of scoring options on the floor at any time. It is nice to know, that at the end of the game...when it's winning time we have a stone killer like Paul the truth Pierce to take it all the way to the barn. We are going to put a lot of teams away early but on the nights we don't our ruthless D and ol PP will win the close ones.

In my opinion with the game on the line PP is as good as anybody out there.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Mr Pierce the closer here to see you Empty Re: Mr Pierce the closer here to see you

Post by beat Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:50 pm

Jeb

Peja had a heck of a gaqme BUT in looking at the +/- stat the Hornets were -11 when he was on the floor.
go figure.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Mr Pierce the closer here to see you Empty Re: Mr Pierce the closer here to see you

Post by jeb Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:54 pm

Beat

Peja can shoot. You gotta crowd his shootin hand.

How you think the ticket is lookin?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:58 pm

jeb

still a lot of rust, he missed another dunk tonight seems as if it's one a game BUT he is running freely and should continue to get better. Hopefully in a couple more weeks he gets close to the lift he expects then we'll see.

Yea Peja can shoot but the other end of the floor is sort of alien to him. As good as he was during that stretch we matched them pretty well hoop for hoop.

Plus we didn't commit a lot of stupid fouls but did have a few too many bad passes.

All in all a workman like game. And I'll take another 78 of them.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:03 pm

Beat

We got to clean up those turnovers and we got to defend three's better. Magic will deep six us if we don't.

But like you I will take 78 more of those ugly wins.

I think ticket is missing a good chunk of his lift but is using his head to adjust. He is so smart. It seems he is 80 % there on d and 70% on O.

I think he will get stronger and stronger.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:05 pm

beat wrote:Jeb

Peja had a heck of a gaqme BUT in looking at the +/- stat the Hornets were -11 when he was on the floor.
go figure.

beat

Beat, Peja has always been deemed a "defensive liability" which supports Doc's theory that a great defense will win out over a great offense every time. Paul loves to play against Peja and Turkolu (spelling). They look good with their three's, however Paul's complete offensive game dominates.

David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:08 pm

Jeb, I agree with your comments about defending against the threes. Doc focuses on running out at the three point shot, however tonight there were too many open threes. Maybe it was the time change!!! Either that or too much Halloween candy!!

David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:12 pm

D14

I aint too concerned I think they were just a tad flat. It's nice to know they can play through it. If everybody (big 3, sheed, eddie) is even kind of hot we are going to beat a bunch of teams by 20 points.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:22 pm

I agree Jeb. It's not reasonable to think that they can be up for every game. I think that's where the full bench will help. Doc can throw in a bench player who hasn't played much if they need a "burst of energy". I think Glen Davis and Scal would have added some good energy if they were available. The guys were definitely flat tonight. However, the fact the C's still won shows their versatility. Look what happened to the Purple boys out West when they were flat against the Mavs!!!

David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:27 pm

D14

I WAS looking with both eyes. They may lose to the Hawks. That and it is good to know we have PP for those grind em out games and star teamates that are willing to find him.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:31 pm

Jeb, I have always thought that the team out West (don't like to type their name) will have a let down this year. Kobe "willed" them to the championship last year, and I am not sure any one player has the emotional energy to carry an, otherwise average team, for two straight years. They will have the same problem the Celtics had with now having a "bid ole" target on their backs.

We'll see.

David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:40 pm

D14

I think they shat the bed by letting ariza go and signing Artest. I think they win 61 or 62 games and have hell getting through san antone and denver.

Kobe has a ton of miles on his body too.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:48 pm

I agree Jeb. Ariza added some important chemistry for Kobe, Odom, and Marc Gasol's brother. He added the spacing and energy that the Celtics now have. Artest will have some good games, but it is doubtful that he can effectively add the same chemistry. Not too different than the problem the Purple guys had when they tried the Wilt/Jerry/Elgin experiment and the Payton/Malone/Kobe/ Shaq experiment. It will be interesting how long Kobe's patience will last. Then again, Bynum will be okay. He only lives about 15 minutes from Hugh Heffner's Bunny Farm!!!

David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:55 pm

jeb65 wrote:Beat

Peja can shoot. You gotta crowd his shootin hand.

How you think the ticket is lookin?
I think we're kinda lucky that we seem to have the luxury of letting KG play back into shape while still winning.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:56 pm

D14

Robert E Lee called the army of the north "those people" throughout the duration of the war. How does that work for "those people" out west?

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Jeb, that works, that is with all due respect to Robert E. Lee. Southern CA's lakes are actually located in Nevada. The few they have in So CA are really big ponds. None of them are actually "purple" in color. Therefore, I don't think we should insult the good folks of Minnesota by calling them the team name that now uses the Clippers basketball stadium.

Then again, they had to keep the name created for the Minnesota area. How else could they claim 5 championships in order to sell tickets and pretend to catch the Celtics.

As a matter of fact, the coach they had at the that time was about as ethical as the current coach. Funny thing though, they don't say much about him since he has lost more finals championship series then any other coach in NBA history. The only difference in Schaus and today's coach is that Schaus wasn't a ring chaser. You know, the type that goes from team to team to earn rings based solely on who has more superstars. Although, dating the boss' daughter does have its player personnel advantages. Ya know!!!

Just funnin Jebster!!!

David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:31 pm

D14

I have always thought and still think that Phil Jackson is ten pounds of sh#t in a five pound bag. It is amazing to me that a man of his age with his accomplishments can maintain the level of arrogance he does. To quote Ann Richards "He was born on third base but he thinks he hit a triple."

Wiping the smirk off his entitled face was the highlight of 08 for me. Having Doc reveal him as the mouth breathing fraud he is was no. 2.

What a five alarm choad.

Anway hope I dont get banned but that guy is the worst.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:57 pm

Jeb, my problem with the coach of that team is that he has been openly critical and insulting of Red Auerbach for too many years. He hid many of his comments in local West Coast discussions. Tommy Heinson tells the story of when walked up to Jackson to shake his hand to congratulate him for his Hall of Fame entrance and Jackson retorted; "you mean being allowed to join the Boston Celtics Hall of Fame. Tommy had more public choice words than we are using. Actually, there should be a referendum to place an asterisk next to his so-called number of championships since Tim Donaghy has confessed to the pro-Hollywood team 2002 marketing plan. Those abusing BDC to support the West Coast team try to downplay reality, however the Chicago Black Sox historical events prove that money can be a great motivator to sell tickets to the public. Just sayin as the say!!! I suspect its best not to dwell on the subject, however it is well debated in the national media. As much as I disliked the Yankees, and their success, there is not too many negatives that can be said about Joe Torre. He is truly a class person, even though a successful Yankee manager (ouch). Therefore, the issue is the person, not the fact that the team out West is a Celtics want-to-be team.

David

Last edited by David14 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:03 pm

d14

Go on and tell me how you feel big fella. The calls that smarmy tool has gotten throughout his coaching life.
Member game 6 in sacramento? I almost quit watchin this game that I love so much because of that one.

Jeb

Red took bigger poos than Phil Jackson.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:39 am

Jeb, Phil Jackson was not shy about "trashing" Red Auerbach in the media. He even offered some distasteful comments when Red was in the hospital. What's that old sayin that comes from the South; "them that makin their beddin, must sleep in em"!!!!

"Nuff said"!! Then again it's just sports talk.

Take care,
David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:34 am

Wonder what Red thought of Mr "I read the tao of poo in college" (cliff notes) so I'm a student of history Jackson.
Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:13 am

Jeb, from the interviews I heard, and the comments I read in the media, Red believed Jackson was a good coach who avoided the challenges of creating championship teams from scratch. Instead, Jackson preferred to take assignments where the core of the teams were front running favorites to win a championship. Red appeared to believe that Jackson was not in the "all around great coach category" that Red put Larry Brown and Lenny Wilkins. Red appeared to indicate that he had no interest in meeting with Jackson to repair any relationships.

I suspect the West Coast fans support Jackson today since he is the current coach, however in the long run, I believe they would vote Pat Riley as the greatest Purple and Gold coach in the history of the LA franchise. While Pat has never been a Celtics supporter, he at least handled himself with dignity. Evidently, Riley would have considered a return to the team after Rudy T did not work out, however Jeannie Buss stepped in to support bringing Jackson back. In all fairness, Jeannie Buss appears in the public to be a very good person who does show respect for competitors.

My humble "one fan's opinion" is that Jackson would have done himself a great favor by accepting his success in a more humble, respectful, and less sarcastic manner. One only has to look at how Larry Brown and Joe Torre handled their success.

David

Last edited by David14 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:24 am

D14

Humility is not in him. He is wired for arrogance. Lets see him coach the Thunder.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:29 am

jeb65 wrote:D14

Humility is not in him. He is wired for arrogance. Lets see him coach the Thunder.

Jeb

Completely agree Jeb.

David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:02 pm

So we don't like the guy who coaches "those people"?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next