Post by sinus007 Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:05 am

Hi,
Here is some progress.
I hope.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Sully situation closer to resolution Empty Re: Sully situation closer to resolution

Post by Sam Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:39 am

Thanks for posting that, Sinus. We all know how tricky relationships can be. But, at least in this case, there seems to be no desire on Ms. Smith's part to make some money from this incident. In fact, appearances are that they both really care about one another and want to work it out. I hope they'll be able to do so, that they'll treat this episode as an important wakeup call that was a near miss from disaster, and that Jared will confine any aggressive tendencies to the basketball court.

Moreover, it's entirely possible that Ms. Smith can take away some lessons in terms of how to deal with Jared in a less provocative manner. (I'm not claiming to know she irritated him, but there are usually two sides to such stories.) I know, from personal observation, how difficult it is for "pro basketball wives" to cope with the intermittent availability of their husbands and to share their husbands with thousands of adoring fans; and I imagine the same is true of significant others. Heck, for many of us with fewer daily pressures, it takes two or more marriages to get it right (to a reasonable degree).

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Sully situation closer to resolution Empty Re: Sully situation closer to resolution

Post by bobheckler Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:47 pm

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/9713277/boston-celtics-jared-sullinger-pleads-not-guilty-assault

Jared Sullinger pleads not guilty
Updated: September 23, 2013, 2:33 PM ET
ESPNBoston.com

Boston Celtics forward Jared Sullinger appeared in Waltham District Court on Monday for a pretrial hearing and is due back for a second pretrial session on Oct. 28, according to media reports.

Sullinger pleaded not guilty to charges of assault and battery, malicious destruction of property and witness intimidation on Sept. 3 and was released on $5,000 bail. He was arrested after an alleged altercation with his live-in girlfriend at his Waltham residence on Aug. 31.

According to reports, Sullinger's lawyer Charles Rankin noted that Sullinger has abided by the court's initial ruling that he only have contact with his girlfriend with a third party present. His girlfriend's lawyer has filed an affidavit with the court stating that her client "did not want to pursue the case and is not fearful of Mr. Sullinger."

Asked about his client, Rankin told reporters at the courthouse, "He's doing fine. He's embarrassed but doing fine, and hoping it comes to an end soon," according to MassLive.com.

Sullinger is due back in court two days before the start of the 2013-14 regular season. The Celtics visit the Toronto Raptors on Oct. 30.

After his arrest, Sullinger released a statement through the Celtics in which he apologized and called the experience "humbling and embarrassing."

"I know that this situation has brought both sorrow and embarrassment to my girlfriend, my family, the Boston Celtics organization, my teammates and my fans," he said. "To all of you, I apologize from the bottom of my heart."

The Celtics also released a statement addressing Sullinger's arrest.

"The Celtics were disappointed to learn of the allegations against Jared and are currently gathering more information on the situation, which we are taking very seriously," the statement said. "We will reserve further comment until such point that we have sufficient additional information."

bob
MY NOTE: I read somewhere that once a police report is filed it is out of the hands of the complainant. In other words, despite the fact that the girlfriend/victim is no longer interested in pursuing this, it is not up to her anymore. It is now up to the DA to continue or drop this.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:04 pm

BobH,

Well, I hope it gets resolved soon. Although, I know that our legal system takes eons to process.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:37 pm

Hi,
I hope Wyc and Co. can get a couple court-side seats for a good game to the DA. Or get good playoffs ticket from Mr. Henry or Mr. Kraft... I'm pretty sure that eons could be squeezed into a few days and matter forgotten.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:52 pm

Now that it appears Sully did do something wrong, for Sully's sake I hope the DA does pursue the case and the Judge administers the usual and customary penalty for such transgressions. To do otherwise will deprive him of an important life lesson. Without learning it early on, he may spiral downward. I wonder if alcohol were involved.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down