dboss
RosalieTCeltics
sinus007
NYCelt
gyso
Sam
11 posters

Go down

If it came down to these two, who would you keep? Bradley or Moore?

Bradley vs. Moore...a Last-minute Poll Vote_lcap16%Bradley vs. Moore...a Last-minute Poll Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]
Bradley vs. Moore...a Last-minute Poll Vote_lcap84%Bradley vs. Moore...a Last-minute Poll Vote_rcap 84% 
[ 16 ]

Total Votes : 19

Bradley vs. Moore...a Last-minute Poll Empty Bradley vs. Moore...a Last-minute Poll

Post by Sam Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:35 pm

I don't think this will happen. But, suppose it came down to Bradley and Moore for the 15th spot on the roster. Which would you keep right now? I know, I know. But just humor me.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Bradley vs. Moore...a Last-minute Poll Empty Re: Bradley vs. Moore...a Last-minute Poll

Post by gyso Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:49 pm

I voted "Moore"

Back to top Go down

Bradley vs. Moore...a Last-minute Poll Empty Re: Bradley vs. Moore...a Last-minute Poll

Post by NYCelt Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:06 pm

OK Sam, I placed my vote.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:08 pm

Hi,
I picked Moore.
I don't know if 1 game is enough to make such choice.

Now let's see who's actually in and who's out.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:40 pm

I was at the game tonight, and I have to tell you that there is no way Doc Rivers is ever going to trust the team in the hands of Avery Bradley. He is either trying too hard, or just can't get done what he wants to get done. He
is'forcing shots up that just aren't going in the hole, when he has the ball it is like it is in a black hole and never coming out. His shot is a flat liner, no arc at all and his decision making leaves tons to be desired. If he makes this
team I will be shocked.

Another observation--The big kid, Steistma (sp?), is a keeper for now. It is
obvious he has a nose for the basket.

Michael Sweetney just is not going to make this team, period. It is truly a
sad story, an eating disorder that just can't be helped.

Moore is a keeper, has a shot and likes to take it.

Rondo looked great tonight in the short time he was in there. There was
also alot of bounce in the steps of Garnett. O'Neal set the pace in the beginning with his blocked shots, terrific! Ray didn't handle the ball too much tonight, Bradle was too busy to be bothered setting Ray up.

Paul Pierce is definintly the emotional leader of this team, and they missed
him tonight.

If there are others of you out there let me know what you think.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:46 pm

NYCelt wrote:OK Sam, I placed my vote.

I wonder who you voted for? scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:50 am

gyso wrote:
NYCelt wrote:OK Sam, I placed my vote.

I wonder who you voted for? scratch

Laughing
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:03 am

Placed my vote too

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:12 am

Wonder how we all voted?
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:19 am

Avery has flashes of brilliance - at least on the defensive end. Also bear in mind that he is younger than Moore...AND Doc chose to keep him ahead of Luke, Semir etc....so clearly the coach sees something there.

Moore is a perfect example of why staying in school make a difference. Instead of sitting on the end of the bench with the Cs like Avery did, he was battling in Lansing and Ann Arbor and Minneapolis night after night in the Big 10.

Long run, Bradley's athleticism is off the charts...but not sure his head is NBA quality. Moore will be an NBA player for a long time. Not sure he is a star either, but certainly see him as a serviceable PG /SG.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:27 am

Gyso, it looks as though you set the trend. I am so high on this Moore kid, I couldn't resist a litmus check to see whether I'd lost my senses. I read and hear so much about Avery, and I'm fully aware of his defensive talents. But I just can't believe that's enough. Yes, he had what could have been a breakout game against the Knicks during last season's garbage time. But, when opponents are really trying against him, he looks lost. One knock I had against Perk for quite a while was that, every time the ball was moving, it seemed to stop when it got to him. The same seems true of Bradley. In short, Avery seldom seems to be in the team flow, whereas Moore looks increasingly comfortable in acting instinctively.

Doc actually entrusted Moore with running the team throughout the fourth quarter, despite the fact that Bradley also on the floor. I wouldn't say Moore looked like a point guard out there, but he did look comfortable in whatever he did. I recall one nice pass underneath.

And I like Moore's defense too. He slightly overplayed his defensive assignment toward his shooting hand, and his opponent was stymied most of the time.

The Celtics have some cuts to make. (They may already have announced them, as I haven't checked the NBA news yet this morning.) If they could sweeten a deal for a half decent big man by throwing in Bradley to some defense-starved trading partner, I'd be delighted. Perhaps I'll eat those words some day, but I think I've seen enough.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:58 am

Tis the season of giving and as a Buddhist I have to practice compassion so I voted for Avery. Someone had to, I felt so bad for him not getting any love at all. lol Unfortunately for him, he will probably see this trend continue. Of course, the only thing that matters is 18! Go Celtics
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:54 am

mrkleen09 wrote:Avery has flashes of brilliance - at least on the defensive end. Also bear in mind that he is younger than Moore...AND Doc chose to keep him ahead of Luke, Semir etc....so clearly the coach sees something there.

Moore is a perfect example of why staying in school make a difference. Instead of sitting on the end of the bench with the Cs like Avery did, he was battling in Lansing and Ann Arbor and Minneapolis night after night in the Big 10.

Long run, Bradley's athleticism is off the charts...but not sure his head is NBA quality. Moore will be an NBA player for a long time. Not sure he is a star either, but certainly see him as a serviceable PG /SG.

Of the reviews we've all done on Bradley and Moore the one above from Kleen makes the most sense to me.

I enjoyed watching Moore at Purdue and thought we got a real steal when we drafted him. To me he is one of the more NBA -ready guards that went in the first two rounds. I expect his talent and maturity level, combined with his quickly developed chemistry and demonstrated continuity with those he's been on the floor with will pay dividends fast. I think we may see his understanding of Johnson's game, and knowledge of how and where to get Johnson the ball to lead to productive minutes for our top pick before long as well.

I think both will stick for now, with Bradley becoming more of a situational guard used where we need a strong defender. I still think there is a good chance Bradley's gone relatively soon for a variety of reasons that come down to strengthening the roster.

My guess is Moore is the first guard off the bench, and will be part of the regular rotation. Dooling could change that, but I think we may see Doc go young and shock some of us. He might even shock us by using a full 2nd unit this time around (although I'm not sure I could get my brain around seeing that happen).

With Doc having a preference for an eight to 9 man rotation I think we're going to see Bass, Daniels, Moore and Wilcox getting the call in the early part of this abbreviated season. Possibly, and often, in that order as well. Johnson doesn't look quite where I expected him to be yet, but I still expect him to gain minutes as the season progresses. I've ditched my bold prediction we use him at the 5, but still think he's our 4 of the not-to-distant future.

Overall I think we may have a level of depth and a mix of veteran leadership with youthful athleticism that might end up surprising even some Celtic fans. Green's situation hurts greatly, but I think others are going to step up with Moore having a shot to make Danny Ainge look very smart.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:08 pm

Hi,
I believe Doc said in one of the recent interviews that he's going to use 10-11 players. So, more room for the rooks.

Sam,
Re: Bradley vs Moore. You are crazy. But, on a bright side, you have quite a few inmates Basketball

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:56 pm

I went for Moore. We need shooting and he has shown he can shoot and shoot well. Bradley has not proven that.

That might create a depth problem at 1 (Rondo and Dooling and that's it), but...

IF Moore can play 1 1/2, like the way Danny and DJ did, he might be able to play a few minutes, if needed, there which will give Brown a chance to make the team as a 2/3. Other things being equal, given the choice between a weak-shooting, strong-defendively 6'2" SG and a weak-shooting, strong-defendively 6'6" SG, I'll take the taller player. That may be the difference between Bradley and Brown. With Rondo and Dooling, we already have two defensively-strong PGs. Do we need a 3rd?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:25 pm

While I did vote for Morroe, I also see that Bradley can really help this team.

The last game he took and missed a lot of shots but I would bet that he has been knocking them down in practice. He just needs to slow down a bit and not hurry. Bradley's defense is Rondo like.

I think the Celtics could have the best rotation of guards that can really close out the perimeter. (Rondo, Dooling, Bradley and the kid Moore) are 4 very good defenders.

Doc obviously loves this kid so I am hoping he is not moved before he really gets a chance to show what he can do. I think he is a keeper.

dboss

Last edited by dboss on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:35 pm

After watching Bradley the other night, and then Moore, I would be happier if Moore was used more often. One problem I see with Bradley is that he is so
eager to impress and score that when he gets the ball he doesn't look for others, he takes it himself. Many of his shots the other night were long, and his rebounds bounce way out. His shot was flat. I know the kid played some good defense last year against the Knicks, but he really plays a little
good defense last year against the Knicks, but, he plays a little out of control
for me. Maybe it is too soon to form an opinion like this, but, time will tell I guess. Doc really likes this kid so it will be interesting to see how much time
he will see. Moore has a beautiful shot, and takes his time shooting. His age, the fact that he spent four years in college, works to hiis advantage.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Rosalie

I think bradley just needs to slow down a bit. His defense is really pretty impressive and that is one reason why he should get some looks.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:45 pm

Just thought I'd update this to show the board recognized early on that Moore would be good, if given p.t., Hawk

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:50 pm

hawksnestbeach wrote:Just thought I'd update this to show the board recognized early on that Moore would be good, if given p.t., Hawk

Hawk,

Yeah, they thought he was good, but if they had to vote all over again, would anybody vote for Moore over Bradley again?

I can't remember how I voted, probably one of the ones for Moore, but you'd have to have some big, big men holding me down and guiding a pen in my hand to do it again.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:51 pm

Tar

All it really proves is that we hadn't seen Bradley yet .....

And of course still have yet to see him this year !!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:02 pm

hawk,

Interesting artifact...

If Moore keeps up what he's shown so far this season it might be a tough choice. Moore may very well have the better all-around game, with the edge to Bradley on D. From what little I've seen channel surfing we may end up wishing we kept Moore.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:43 am

The question is now about Lee vs Moore

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down