gyso
MDCelticsFan
NYCelt
beat
swedeinestonia
Matty
12 posters

Go down

pietrus on his way here? Empty pietrus on his way here?

Post by Matty Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:43 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Mickael-Pietrus-leaning-toward-joining-Celtics-;_ylt=AgVG_GBMHAFNdI1p_0V.UHbSPKB4?urn=nba-wp597

This could be a very nice adddition.. especialy with PP maybe missing a game or so right off the bat..
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

pietrus on his way here? Empty Re: pietrus on his way here?

Post by swedeinestonia Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:42 pm

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/12/23/agent-celtics-top-pietrus-wish-list/

If he wants to be in Boston and he has better options (financially) I really like it. Show it is because he wants something (a ring) so effort will be there.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:27 pm

I am not sold on him at all. Knee and brain to start with. Think he is a good outside shooter but really as far as I am concerned the stats don't seem to bear that out. Heck he is only a 66% career shooter from the foul line.

Maybe if he really wants to be here and is willing to do so on the dirt cheap side i'll change my opinion but for now I just don't see him adding to our mix.

JMHO

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:24 pm

beat,

I'm not sure either, but a front line of Bass, Wilcox and Pietrus would have the physical edge we would be missing with Daniels in that mix.

Although Sasha can defend, I think the move would cast doubt on how long he's around.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:16 pm

Dirt cheap is the only option when it comes to him.

As far as I can know we can only do vet min.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:58 pm

REPORT: PIETRUS LEANING TOWARDS JOINING C'S
By: Alex Speier

16 Comments
According to CSNNE.com, citing a league source, forward Mickael Pietrus -- who was released by the Phoenix Suns -- is leaning "heavily" towards signing with the Celtics once he clears waivers on Saturday. The agent for Pietrus, Bill McCandless, told the website that the Celtics are on the player's short list of desirable destinations.

"He's only 29, so he's not like Charles Barkley or some other older players running around, chasing a championship," McCandless said. "But he wants to be with a playoff team, and have a chance to contribute."

Pietrus, the 11th overall pick in the 2003 draft, averaged 7.2 points, 2.2 rebounds and 0.6 assists in 19.4 minutes per night while playing 57 games for the Magic and Suns last season. The Celtics currently have an open spot on their roster after making their final three preseason cuts on Thursday. With Jeff Green out for the season, the Celtics could present a meaningful opportunity for a role player.

The Suns and Raptors had agreed on a trade earlier this month that would have sent Pietrus to Toronto, but the trade was nixed due to concerns over Pietrus' knee (dating to an injury he incurred in March). However, the CSNNE.com report suggested that the knee is no longer an issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:08 am

He's no James Posey, but he's an improvement over Sasha!

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:18 am

If Pietrus doesn't sign with the Celtics and goes to another playoff contender (ie: the Heat or the Bulls) is that a bad thing?

In other words, should we sign him to keep him away from our competition?

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:25 am

Beat

Would be more concerned with him signing with the Bulls.

if we can get him on the cheap I say go for it. His addition would change the rotation. MD moves to the 2 and mp backs up paul. neither avery or Moore get a chance to be second stringers.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:25 am

We need to look at how the Celtics operate since Red's days. Pietrus is a role player and Doc will teach him his role. I believe he has been missed used in Orlando and with the Suns. Look for this guy to perform for us if he signs.

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:39 pm

beat wrote:I am not sold on him at all. Knee and brain to start with. Think he is a good outside shooter but really as far as I am concerned the stats don't seem to bear that out. Heck he is only a 66% career shooter from the foul line.

Maybe if he really wants to be here and is willing to do so on the dirt cheap side i'll change my opinion but for now I just don't see him adding to our mix.

JMHO

beat

beat
I think he's a good shooter from the field when compared to league average. See below stats.

3 point shooting percentage.
League-2010-11----.358%
2009 10----..355%
Pietrus--2010-11----.360%
--2009-10----.379%
--Lifetime-----.359%

2 point shooting percentage
League-2010-11-----.487%
--2009-10----.492%
Pietrus--2010-11----.450%
--2009-10----.502%
--Lifetime-----.497

Free throw shooting is sub-par.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:30 pm

Hope it all works out but not a fan of this move at all. Think there is more to the knee than we know and I'm afraid his bulb upstairs isn't the brightest.

But then again Who the heck else is out there???

"Bird McHale and Parish ain't walking thru that door"

I heard that somewhere.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:42 pm

beat wrote:Hope it all works out but not a fan of this move at all. Think there is more to the knee than we know and I'm afraid his bulb upstairs isn't the brightest.

But then again Who the heck else is out there???

"Bird McHale and Parish ain't walking thru that door"

I heard that somewhere.

beat

beat,

I agree. What we might gain in offense by swapping out Sasha for Pietrus we'll lose in IQ and time in the system (Sasha had the end of last season to start to learn Doc's system), and in a condensed season like this that might be really big.

We're assuming, of course, that it's Sasha who is gone and not Moore.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:50 pm

Hondo is still in pretty good shape!!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:39 pm

This is not really a difficult decision if Pietrus is healthy.

If this happens without losing our young pups, I am all for it.

MP was a Celtic killer....I like him to kill the other guy. Lets keep in mind that we need to pound lebron as well as other contentious 3s

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:09 pm

Well, Pietrus is here.
Let's see what he brings to the table...

AK

PS Here's the link
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:35 am

From Hoops Hype Christmas Eve. Still nothing official.

Sam

» Update: 06:29 PM ET

Jorge Sierra: Mickael Pietrus is definitely headed to Boston, we're told. Twitter

Jorge Sierra: "Mickael is very happy to be wearing the green uniform," agent Bill McCandless tells HoopsHype. Twitter

Jorge Sierra: McCandless: "His goal is to do all he can do to help the Celtics win a championship." Twitter

A. Sherrod Blakely: #CSNNE.com has learned that the Celtics are in the process of signing Mickael Pietrus. Both sides are working on the contract right now. Twitter
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:09 am

WEEI » This Just In » Celtics add depth, sign Pietrus
SAT, 12/24/2011 - 8:20PM
CELTICS ADD DEPTH, SIGN PIETRUS
By: Paul Flannery

The Celtics officially signed free agent swingman Mickael Pietrus on Saturday night, giving the team a veteran presence on the wing behind Ray Allen and Paul Pierce. The 6-foot-6 Pietrus has played for Golden State, Orlando and Phoenix during his eight-year career and and has averaged 8.5 points and 3.1 rebounds.

Pietrus was waived by Phoenix on Thursday and signed with the Celtics for the minimum after he cleared waivers. For more on how Pietrus fits with the Celtics, visit the Green Street blog.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:30 pm

Danny is saying that Pietrus will NOT be in Miami or New Orleans. He is staying in Boston to do his knee rehab.

That means Sasha and Q guarding LeBum. Yikes!! I guess Rondo will get the call again too. The next time LeBum posts someone up will be his first time, that's why Rondo plays him so well. LeBum tries to take players off the dribble and Rondo's too quick for that.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:12 pm

Bob,

It seems to me that putting Rondo on Lebron would be better in small, surprise doses than as a steady thing (which I know you weren't implying). To the extent that Rondo is guarding Lebron at times, how would Sasha fare guarding Chalmers and sliding over to double Lebron at times? Better or worse than Quis? Although I'd have to give Quis the nod in guarding Chalmers, I'd rather have Sasha doing the sliding to and fro. What's your take?

Tell me we're not going to learn a lot about the "niceties" of basketball this season.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:21 pm

PIETRUS EXPECTED TO MAKE DEBUT FRIDAY
By: Rob Bradford

7 Comments
According to multiple reports, newly-signed swingman Mickael Pietrus isn't expected to play for Celtics until Friday's home opener against the Pistons at TD Garden. He will not be joining the team during its current three-game road trip, which includes stops in Miami and New Orleans, Tuesday and Wednesday, respectively.

Pietrus, who inked a one-year deal worth $1.3 million with the Celts, is scheduled to undergo a physical Monday. The 29-year-old is coming off an offseason in which he underwent surgery on his right knee. The ailment forced Pietrus to miss the last 12 games of the Phoenix Suns' 2010-11 regular season and led the Toronto Raptors to call off a deal for the eight-year veteran earlier this month. The Suns ultimately worked out a buyout for Pietrus, allowing for the signing by the Celtics.

Celtics coach Doc Rivers told reporters Friday that acquisitions, such as the 6-foot-6 Pietrus, might not be eased into action as if it was a regularly spaced-out schedule.

"Usually, if you did add a player, you would practice and show them (the system)," Rivers said. "But I don't think that anyone who gets a player this year, at any point, off of trades or whatever, it's going to be throw them in the fire and figure it out. That's the year we're going to have."

For more Celtics news, go to the team page at weei.com/celtics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down