Pietrus thinks he'll be ready Wednesday

+2
Matty
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

Pietrus thinks he'll be ready Wednesday Empty Pietrus thinks he'll be ready Wednesday

Post by bobheckler Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:00 pm

That's it.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Pietrus thinks he'll be ready Wednesday Empty Re: Pietrus thinks he'll be ready Wednesday

Post by Matty Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:21 pm

well, we'll see how it goes.. im hoping for best case scenerio myself
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Pietrus thinks he'll be ready Wednesday Empty Re: Pietrus thinks he'll be ready Wednesday

Post by 112288 Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:06 pm

Pietrus plans to play Wednesday
Link|Comments (2)Posted by Staff January 9, 2012 03:33 PM
Mikael Pietrus plans to make his Celtic debut against Dallas Wednesday. Pietrus, recovering from knee surgery, participated in his first full-scale practice with the team Monday.

"I went through my first practice and It’s good to be a Celtic," Pietrus said. "I think I’ll be ready on Wednesday -- no pain, and I said I would be ready in two weeks,

"It feels good. I mean, look around, so many banners. So, I’m in a great spot and just try to work hard and be ready to go on Wednesday.I haven’t played for eight months -- but, defensively, you can always help your team to do those things to be a great team."

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:38 am

Hope he regains his old form, as he was a great 6th or 7th man in Phoenix and Orlando.

Would be nice to have a more consistent player to take over from Marquis when he is in one of his get nothing accomplished funks - like he is in the past few games.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:50 am

He stretches the floor and give the Celtics range from 3 point arch, something MD does not have. MD scores most of his points by driving to the hoop and therefore defenses usually collapse to the paint knowing the Celtic secondary unit outside of Dooling has no range from the arch.

I also noticed MD is a little timid, perhaps he has to dust the cob webs off.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:20 pm

Daniels is out with the flu. This should give more minutes to Pietrus (he was going to get some anyway, I'm sure).

I'm not expecting much. He's just coming off an extended injury, he is NOT in game shape and he's new to the team. He's been doing skeleton walk-throughs with the team, but that's not the same thing as executing under pressure during a game.

When he was at GSW, I never had much respect for his basketball IQ. That was years and a few teams ago. I don't expect him to suddenly become a genius either. Even if if he is much smarter, through experience, I don't expect to see that in his first game (or even his first 5-10 games) with no camp/pre-season with a new club.

Q goes down and we have another body to plugin in his absence. The beauty of depth.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:35 pm

Bob,

I didn't get to see Pietrus much at Golden State, but I had a positive impression of his basketball IQ based on what I saw during his time in Orlando. During their run to the finals in 2009, I thought he was their best player off the bench and most impactful player other than Dwight and Turkoglu. During that postseason, he scored 10.5 points a game, shot 48.3% from the field and 38.5% on threes, and was their best perimeter defender.

I agree that you shouldn't expect much from him at first due to the reasons you listed, but unless he's compromised significantly physically, I think he'll be a very good pickup for the Celtics.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:13 pm

Pietrus has always seemed to be sort of scrappy and semi-athletic to me, a hustling energy player.

Perfect for coming off the bench or putting up against some of those superstar SFs.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down