Mike Lupica's take on the Knicks

Go down

Mike Lupica's take on the Knicks  Empty Mike Lupica's take on the Knicks

Post by steve3344 Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:38 am

Here's Mike Lupica's take on the Knicks in today's N.Y. Daily News:

This is going to be such an interesting Knicks season, it is.

I like that Glen Grunwald thought outside the box a whole bunch with Tyson Chandler.

They are going to be fun, but that doesn’t come close to answering the question of how good they are in the end.

Right now the point guards are Mike Bibby and Toney Douglas, and who knows what they get from Baron Davis whenever they get Baron Davis, just ask anybody you know with a bad back.

What they really need is a great passer, and there isn’t one on the team, even if Carmelo was one once, in the long ago.

My other problem with the Knicks is that the offense Mike D’Antoni needs to build around the talent he has isn’t anything like the offenses he had in Phoenix.

Starting with one built around the immense creativity and talents of Steve Nash.

D’Antoni loves to push the ball and spread the court and get the ball in the air, but his best player Carmelo just wants the ball early in the clock, being maybe the best scorer in the game, and get the hell out of his way.

And there is another issue, one that certainly wasn’t resolved after the Carmelo trade:

How Amar’e really likes somebody else being The Man after he only had those 50 games when he got to be The Man.

The Knicks have the best frontline in basketball.

Have the best scorer.

Have a wonderful talent in Amar’e, even if he has creaky knees.

Does that mean they’re a contender for the title right now?

I don’t see how.

But it will be cool watching them try.

You know what else would be cool?

For those in charge at the Garden to stop continuing to act like the place is some kind of bunker, instead of what it is supposed to be, one of the main plazas of the city.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-coach-rex-ryan-york-owned-giants-article-1.996658#ixzz1hYLzC0kG

steve3344

Back to top Go down