Does KG get in trouble with the league for tussle with Walker?

+4
bobheckler
sinus007
bobc33
gyso
8 posters

Go down

Does KG get in trouble with the league for tussle with Walker? Empty Does KG get in trouble with the league for tussle with Walker?

Post by gyso Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:20 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Kevin-Garnett-tops-off-his-team-8217-s-f;_ylt=ArEm7s.aarURyUsDCyi32yC8vLYF?urn=nba-wp12436

It looks to me that Bill Walker was the instigator.

Back to top Go down

Does KG get in trouble with the league for tussle with Walker? Empty Re: Does KG get in trouble with the league for tussle with Walker?

Post by bobc33 Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:25 pm

Well I didn't see it live, nor does the clip show the full sequence, but it sure does seem like KG can't handle it when someone gets in his face. (Not that KG would ever woof at an opponent)

Back to top Go down

Does KG get in trouble with the league for tussle with Walker? Empty Re: Does KG get in trouble with the league for tussle with Walker?

Post by sinus007 Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi,
I hope KG's not suspended for that.
Agree that BW was the instigator.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:15 pm

Were punches thrown? If not, no problem.

After the awful referreeing by Joe Crawford, suspending KG would be really rubbing salt into the wound.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:26 pm

If every announcer, web site and reporter has their way, he will be suspended. You would think that Walker was innocent in all of this. He was
looking for trouble earlier in the game too. Granted, KG was wrong, but
I would love to shut Walker up completely. He is on one site saying he is angry at being "disrespected" by KG. What has he done to be that important.
I believe KG will be suspended because ESPN, the NBA channel, and all
the other sites are calling for it. God forbid they should let it go.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:26 pm

If every announcer, web site and reporter has their way, he will be suspended. You would think that Walker was innocent in all of this. He was
looking for trouble earlier in the game too. Granted, KG was wrong, but
I would love to shut Walker up completely. He is on one site saying he is angry at being "disrespected" by KG. What has he done to be that important.
I believe KG will be suspended because ESPN, the NBA channel, and all
the other sites are calling for it. God forbid they should let it go.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:28 pm

How is that jerk Crawford still ref'ing. He is as crooked as they come and hates the Celtics.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:52 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:How is that jerk Crawford still ref'ing. He is as crooked as they come and hates the Celtics.
\
Just a little about the guy.................. he should have been gone years ago.

Airline ticket income investigation
In 1998, Crawford was one of eight NBA referees charged with filing false income tax returns after an Internal Revenue Service investigation found that cash was being pocketed by referees when airline tickets provided by the league were downgraded. At the conclusion of a four year investigation, Crawford pleaded guilty on July 1, 1998[5] to falsely stating income of $82,500 from 1991 to 1993[6] and resigned from the NBA effective immediately. He was reinstated by NBA commissioner David Stern in 1999 and did not miss a game due to a players' lockout that started the 1998–99 NBA season.[7]
[edit]Games officiated milestone
Crawford officiated in his 2,000th NBA game between the Los Angeles Lakers and Philadelphia 76ers on November 11, 2005. He was the fifth NBA referee in history to reach such a milestone, joining Jake O'Donnell, Dick Bavetta, Earl Strom, and Tommy Nunez.[3]
[edit]Tim Duncan altercation
On April 15, 2007, Crawford ejected San Antonio Spurs superstar Tim Duncan for supposedly laughing at Crawford from his seat on the bench during a game against the Dallas Mavericks. Duncan also supposedly insulted Crawford with an expletive.[7] Duncan alleges that Crawford asked if he wanted to fight.[8] On April 17, Crawford was suspended for the remainder of the 2006-07 season and the 2007 Playoffs as a result of this altercation, ending his 21 consecutive Finals appearances. The league also fined Duncan $25,000 for verbal abuse of an official and warned that a repeat incident in the future would result in an ejection. Commissioner David Stern said Crawford's actions "failed to meet the standards of professionalism and game management we expect of NBA referees."[7] Crawford met with league officials on July 30 to discuss his future in the NBA but no resolution was reached.[9] On September 17, 2007, the NBA announced Crawford's reinstatement. Commissioner Stern met with Crawford and stated, "Based on my meeting with Joey Crawford, his commitment to an ongoing counseling program and a favorable professional evaluation that was performed at my direction, I am satisfied that Joey understands the standards of game management and professionalism the NBA expects from him and that he will be able to conduct himself in accordance with those standards."[10]
[edit]2008 Playoffs

The neutrality of this section is disputed. Please see the discussion on the talk page. Please do not remove this message until the dispute is resolved. (November 2010)
In the 2008 Playoffs, Crawford was chosen to officiate Game 4 of the Western Conference final between the San Antonio Spurs and the Los Angeles Lakers. In the closing seconds of the game, there was a no-call where the Spurs' Brent Barry was arguably fouled by Derek Fisher. Crawford was the closest official to the call, and the NBA later apologized for the lack of a call.[11]

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:17 pm

No fine or suspension for Garnett.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/26/garnett-will-not-be-suspended-fined-for-walker-altercation/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:00 pm

To no one in particular. I could be mistaken, but I thought I saw KG place his hands around Walker's neck as if in a choke hold. I guess putting one's hands on a player could be construed as a serious no no, although I was privately wishing KG would squeeze tighter, as I'm no fan of Walker, who has all the earmarks of a punk who's far more mouth than talent. But league officials just might not agree with my perspective.

From a broader view, I see this as another in an endless series of incidents pounced on by the media as what I call "easy news." Many members of the Fourth Estate tend to grasp opportunistically at any titillating events (ranging from the outgrowths of trash-talking to contract or collective bargaining disputes) that they can use to create or accelerate news interest without actually having to do any work on their own. They don't have to dig for human interest stories or conduct any insightful research. Heck, they don't even have to watch the games. All they have to do is to watch the highlights and take advantage of the reports, rumors and innuendos filtering in while they sit there and offer opinions, thereby fanning flames with their "easy news."

I was listening to Boston sports radio this afternoon. Did I hear interesting, cogent discussion about the prospects of the Celtics after the first game of the season? Hardly. Nearly all I heard (until I started gagging and my wife smartly turned it off) was boring conjecture upon conjecture and call-in after call-in about Kevin Garnett and Walker. And I bet these simpletons celebrated, after signing off, by patting one another on their respective backs in congratulations over yet another provocative coup.

If I were rebutting my own comments, I'd probably say something like, "Come on, Sam. It's their business to report the news. This is news. If people didn't want to hear and comment on this news, the media people couldn't get away with your so-called 'easy news.'"

I understand that. It's a sort of chicken-egg thing, isn't it? Which came first? The lovers of sensationalism or the purveyors of sensationalism? I happen to believe it was the purveyors, who have leveraged the legacies of journalistic thought leaders like Grantland Rice and Frank DeFord into gigs as virtual journalistic parasites who have reassured the public that, as long as sports have become glorified forms of entertainment anyway, a perfectly natural way to be entertained by sports is to feast on the peccadillos of sports and sporting figures.

The gag reflex is setting in again. Maybe it's this soapbox that's wedged in my mouth.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:06 pm

sam wrote:To no one in particular. I could be mistaken, but I thought I saw KG place his hands around Walker's neck as if in a choke hold. I guess putting one's hands on a player could be construed as a serious no no, although I was privately wishing KG would squeeze tighter, as I'm no fan of Walker, who has all the earmarks of a punk who's far more mouth than talent. But league officials just might not agree with my perspective.

From a broader view, I see this as another in an endless series of incidents pounced on by the media as what I call "easy news." Many members of the Fourth Estate tend to grasp opportunistically at any titillating events (ranging from the outgrowths of trash-talking to contract or collective bargaining disputes) that they can use to create or accelerate news interest without actually having to do any work on their own. They don't have to dig for human interest stories or conduct any insightful research. Heck, they don't even have to watch the games. All they have to do is to watch the highlights and take advantage of the reports, rumors and innuendos filtering in while they sit there and offer opinions, thereby fanning flames with their "easy news."

I was listening to Boston sports radio this afternoon. Did I hear interesting, cogent discussion about the prospects of the Celtics after the first game of the season? Hardly. Nearly all I heard (until I started gagging and my wife smartly turned it off) was boring conjecture upon conjecture and call-in after call-in about Kevin Garnett and Walker. And I bet these simpletons celebrated, after signing off, by patting one another on their respective backs in congratulations over yet another provocative coup.

If I were rebutting my own comments, I'd probably say something like, "Come on, Sam. It's their business to report the news. This is news. If people didn't want to hear and comment on this news, the media people couldn't get away with your so-called 'easy news.'"

I understand that. It's a sort of chicken-egg thing, isn't it? Which came first? The lovers of sensationalism or the purveyors of sensationalism? I happen to believe it was the purveyors, who have leveraged the legacies of journalistic thought leaders like Grantland Rice and Frank DeFord into gigs as virtual journalistic parasites who have reassured the public that, as long as sports have become glorified forms of entertainment anyway, a perfectly natural way to be entertained by sports is to feast on the peccadillos of sports and sporting figures.

The gag reflex is setting in again. Maybe it's this soapbox that's wedged in my mouth.

Sam

Shame on you, Sam! Now go wash your mouth out with a soapbox.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:20 pm

Floss, Sam Floss

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:47 pm

From the Twitterverse:

@SpearsNBAYahoo
Marc J. Spears Celtics Kevin Garnett won't receive suspension or fine for physical incident with Knicks Billy Walker, NBA says.
5 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

http://twitter.com/#!/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/151427765097345026

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:00 am

Sam,
You're ungrateful sob. Can you imagine what you'd have to listen and watch (purely basketball related) if they spotted a hair on Ray Allen's head!!!

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:23 am

It is open season on the Celtics here in Boston. 'TRADE THE BIG 2', 'GET RID OF THE BIG THREE'. I can't even stand watching the talk shows anymore. You would think these guys were riding up and down the court in wheelchairs.

Fire Danny Ainge-he signed Doc to a five year deal!!!! The Celtics are going to suck this year, that is all I keep hearing, they are too old.

My wish is one thing for the New Year, that they win the title, and shut everyone up. That KG and Ray retire Celtics so they will go into the HOF in
Celtic uniforms. And that LeBron and Company fall on their face.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:05 am

Rosalie,

We lost to the Knicks, for crying out loud!! All hope is lost!! [/sarcasm]

There is a guy over at CelticsBlog that NEVER has rooted for a NBA team in his life. He is a college ball fan from the Purdue area. He is now a Celtic "fan" because we drafted JJ and Moore. He was so happy that a pro team drafted both of them.

Anyway, this guy wants to be taken seriously when he proposes trades, the last one was Rondo and Bass (14M) for two other guys whose salaries added up to 7M. He claims Rondo isn't a top 20 PG, KG is just taking up space, on and on. All of a sudden he is a NBA expert. He even has a thread that says LeBron is the best player of all time!!

I asked him if we traded JJ and Moore to Orlando for Dwight Howard would he become a Magic "fan". He didn't answer the question directly, but alluded that would be the truth of it. I really hope that trade goes through (LOL).

So it is not only the media "experts" we have to put up with, but the bandwaggoners as well!!

Last edited by gyso on Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:24 am

Gyso- This is one of the reasons why I have decided to ignore these idiots, and enjoy every game, win or lose. I have been a Celtic fan for so long, I guess I take it personally when they attack "MY GUYS!!". I guess I just want to shut them all up and shock the world. l969 all over again!!!!!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down