Rondo-Not Your Typical Youngblood!

2 posters

Go down

Rondo-Not Your Typical Youngblood! Empty Rondo-Not Your Typical Youngblood!

Post by MDCelticsFan Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:07 pm

Put any number of young current stars of the NBA in Rondo's shoes. That is, on a team that has had a rich measure of success, but whose core group is certainly sliding, not so gracefully. Wade, James, Anthony, Paul and probably everyone else not named Durant would be crying to their agent, "Get Me Outta' Here." Rajon calmly brings his lunch pail to work every day and goes about his task in what usually borders on the spectacular. This kid has the character to be the face of the franchise for the next 8 years or so. Does his game have flaws? Yes, but they are improving, and his upside is a life preserver to hold onto in what has so far been a bleak season for the Celtics. Hopefully, Ainge is studiously observing and scouring the collegiate ranks for a young hungry core to fashion around Rajon who gives every indication he's in it for the long haul as a Boston Celtics!

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Rondo-Not Your Typical Youngblood! Empty Re: Rondo-Not Your Typical Youngblood!

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:39 pm

Totally agree. Rondo has showed the heart of a champion this season. He is playing hard every minute of every game, and I love his take charge attitude.

He is virtually untradable at this point, as he is the only reason anyone would want to play here....or even come to see this team during their rebuilding period.

If you have Rondo, Jeff Green, Mikael Pietrus, and a couple of big time free agents here next year...with Pierce, Ray off the bench and emerging Moore and Steamer....I say the team is still competitive and still engaging to see in person. But all of that is gone if Rondo is gone.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down