Howard Learns About Celtics Culture

2 posters

Go down

Howard Learns About Celtics Culture Empty Howard Learns About Celtics Culture

Post by 112288 Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:50 am

The NBA’s hurt locker

By Mark Murphy
Sunday, January 22, 2012

Dwight Howard is surrounded by more smoke than a bonfire, which adds a nice measure of baloney to the Orlando center’s insistence that he may want to remain with the Magic long-term.

But from what his newest teammate can tell, Howard hasn’t tipped on future plans his hand to those who take the floor with him every day.

“I have no idea what he’s thinking about that,” said Glen Davis. “All I know is that he’s still here with us, and he’s still fighting, and he still wants to win. He hasn’t given us any indication that he’s interested in another team. He just wants to win.”

Instead, Howard is so curious about how the Celtics do business, he’s pumped Davis for information.

“He’s always on me to tell him stories about how we won the championship, because he wants to win it,” Davis said. “Things are great with him. He’s allowed me to see what kind of person he is. It’s good, because we believe in the same things. It’s a different culture and a different lifestyle on this team, like being in a foreign country from what I know — a whole new country.”

If Howard leaves, that culture will be unrecognizable to all except those who remember when Shaquille O’Neal, too, left Orlando for brighter lights.

Back to top Go down

Howard Learns About Celtics Culture Empty Re: Howard Learns About Celtics Culture

Post by bobheckler Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:31 pm

I'd feel better about this if Howard called his ex-teammate, Brandon Bass, and asked him about the difference. That'd suggest more interest, rather than mere curiousity.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down