Mooltrikon
worcester
Sam
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

POST GAME ORLANDO Empty POST GAME ORLANDO

Post by 112288 Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:00 am

If this does not convince Dwight Howard that he should become a Celtic.............He'll be a looser his whole life if he does not sign with us!

Moore really shined tonight. As I said Doc, you got to play the kids!

Sloppy ball handling and a half hearted effort cost the C's early but I am sure Doc laced into them for such poor play. I just hope our players would call our screen's better because some is going to get hurt. Bradley and Moore got clipped a few times which is a few times too often.

Hey, didn't Rondo look like a coach on the bench!!!!!

Celtics held Orlando who only scored eight points in the fourth quarter and did not score a field goal until more than halfway through the fourth quarter. Howard and Ryan Anderson also picked up fourth quarter technicals, which helped seal the Magic's fate.

Great game..................NEXT!!!!!!!!! Keep it going C"s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WEEI 850 RECAP

FAST BREAK: COMEBACK CELTICS STUN MAGIC 01.26.12 at 10:55 pm ET
By Paul Flannery | No Comments

There was no reason to think that the Celtics had any chance of coming back in a game when they were down by 27 points and playing without three starters. But the Celtics slowly began to chip away at Orlando’s lead in the second half and late in the third quarter, E’Twaun Moore caught fire knocking down three 3-pointers as the Celtics rallied all the way back for a 91-83 win in Orlando.

Paul Pierce led the way with 24 points, 10 assists and six rebounds and Kevin Garnett added 12 points and 10 rebounds. The Celtics got a huge lift from Moore and Mickael Pietrus, who combined for 28 points and seven 3-pointers, making up for the absence of Ray Allen.

They were also missing Rajon Rondo and Jermaine O’Neal, which meant that Garnett had to play Dwight Howard and the veteran held the All-NBA center in check. Orlando did not score a field goal until more than halfway through the fourth quarter and picked up two fourth quarter technicals, which helped seal their fate.

WHAT WENT RIGHT

– Moore, the rookie from Purdue, simply played out of his mind, making all four of his 3-point shots and finishing with 16 points. The Celtics have loved his aggressiveness and on Thursday night that translated into much-needed points.

– Slowly but surely, Garnett’s game has been coming back together. He’s scored in double figures in seven straight games and his defense has been tremendous. Garnett played Howard as well as you could ask and was one of the few players who brought anything to the table offensively in the first half.

– Mickael Pietrus started for Allen and at least approximated Allen’s 3-point shooting, knocking down three of them and finishing with 12 points.

– Chris Wilcox didn’t do much in the box score but his activity and energy on defense was a huge lift in the fourth quarter.

WHAT WENT WRONG

– It was almost a gift for the Celtics when Howard got two quick fouls and jumped out to an 8-2 lead. But when Howard left, the Celtics didn’t attack the basket and instead were content to fire up off-target jumpers. The Magic outscored them 30-8 the rest of the first quarter and put them in a deep hole.

– Greg Stiemsma picked up four fouls in only seven minutes in the first half and he and Wilcox contributed no points and one rebound in 15 minutes. Since his breakout game against Washington on New Year’s Day, Stiemsma has made just two shots and scored only six points.

Back to top Go down

POST GAME ORLANDO Empty Re: POST GAME ORLANDO

Post by Sam Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:23 am

Great minds think alike, 112288. Here's a post I made on the Game On Thread:

This is a Sam's Celtics Forum Exclusive. By divine intervention, I know what Doc said to them at halftime.

"Hey guys. Monday night, you put on a great audition for Dwight Howard. He got a feeling for what our nucleus for the future could be. Tonight, if you can find a way to come back and win this one, you'll make him an offer he'll have a tough time refusing. He wants to talk about how important winning is to him. Show him a team that thinks of nothing else but winning."

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:24 am

What a performance by the Celtics tonight! I've been away from the NBA for a while dealing with two serious life issues, so it was a joy to take a break form more serious concerns to watch the Celtics play great Celtics style basketball, and without three starters.

On a personal note, my son is afflicted with a serious disease, and it looks like he'll be in recovery for the next 6-8 months - after which I hope he will be healed and back on track for a good life. He's such a good person, and I hate to see him suffer, but I do expect he'll pull through and be an even better person for it. His attitude is so positive, and he's getting the best care available, so I'm pretty optimistic. Still it's been a challenge , and it was a relief to take a break. My other two children are also Celtics fanatics, and the whole family gets to share in the joy of a Boston win.

On another front, I've been dating a remarkable gal, originally form Boston, who is also a Celtics fan, and we've enjoyed each others company very much. Tragically, she's been afflicted for the past three years with ovarian cancer, and in the past two months it's metastasized and taken a very aggressive turn for the worse. Her 8 brothers and sisters are down here now to say goodbye, and we'll be surprised if she lives another week. Through all her trials and tribulations, which have been considerable, I've never heard a single complaint from her. All the while she's seeking ways to continue to contribute to others and uplift their spirits. It's funny from whom you draw inspiration in life. I've dated many beautiful women but none so beautiful as this one, beautiful despite the fact that her face and physique have been ravaged by her disease.

So the Celts are without three starters, and they still play with the pride that's made them champions for half a century. It was a good night indeed.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:50 am

Worcester, it's hard to know how to respond.

Which son is it? I'm so sorry he has to go through such suffering. Here's hoping he's getting all the bad luck out of his life at this point in life and can look forward to a wonderful future.

The news about your friend is a crusher. Knowing a bit about the company you tend to keep, I'm sure her beauty resides as much inside as outside. The two of you are privileged to have enjoyed each other's company, and I know you'll continue to do so for as long as it's possible.

Please let both your son and your friend know that the full energy of this board is being channeled their way. They are both so fortunate to have you in their lives.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:58 am

Thanks Sam. It's my youngest, with whom we went to see the Celts play the Magic. I'll let them know. As for fortunate, I'm the lucky one. My life has been so enriched by the people in it who continue to amaze and inspire me through their reactions to adversity.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooltrikon Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:07 am

Wow! Great comeback by the Celtics. I missed it on TV. I have not seen a game for awhile. But things seem to be getting a lot better. Thank goodness.

And best wishes to Worcester and his family as they navigate through their current challenges. It's nice that you chose such a good night to take a break and watch the Celtics again.
Mooltrikon
Mooltrikon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:19 am

I don't know whether the following has occurred to others, but I find the comparisons interesting:

Sam Jones 6' 4" 198, K.C. Jones 6' 1" 200

Combined specialties: disruptive defense, speed and athleticism, lights out shooting, satisfactory floor general competence

E'Twaun Moore 6' 4" 191, Avery Bradley 6' 2" 188

Combined specialties: disruptive defense, speed and athleticism, lights out shooting, satisfactory floor general competence

Sure, the attributes are distributed differently. Among the current twosome, it happens that the better point guard skills are owned by the better shooter. But the total mix of skills is eerily similar.

I believe I'm not stupid enough to get way ahead of myself or to appear to be equating the potential of E'Twaun and Avery with two great hall of famers. But I personally encountered the excitement of the Jones Boys' rapid development, and the past couple of games have been a sort of deja vu experience. I can only hope it continues.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:48 am

most importantly, Worchester, my families thoughts are with yours- including your freind.

more and more i tend to consider one of the best ways to define a persons life is by the freinds they surround themselves by, you and the girl you've been dating it seems cherish the time you do have together. Maybe in this life it isnt as important how much time we get with the people we love and care about, rather how we use the time we do have.

the prayers of our family will be with yours.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:25 am

Worcester: All my best to you and your son's health issues. Celts, a miracle comeback. The team bought into Doc's sermon and shut down the Magic in the second half. KG had defensive flashbacks to the old KG and E'Twan Moore played lights out. When you're outmanned necessity is the mother of invention, no disrespect to the late Frank Zappa. Maybe the C's are really starting to find the rhythm that Sam alluded to some time ago. Comeback from 27 pts down, AMAZING! It put me in mind of the comeback against the Lakers in game 4 in '08.

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:36 am

W

Nothing better than a C's win and a comeback on the road to boot to at least take you away from the other issues for the moment. Hopefully his road to recovery mirrors the C's road last evening.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:08 am

Worcester

I am sorry to hear about your troubles and will keep your son and your dear friend in my prayers.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:22 am

Perhaps the demise of the Celtics has been greatly exaggerated.

The pups sure bring great energy to the court.

however where will their minutes come from when ra and rr are back? The celts are crawling back into the hunt because of great defense and these young guards are leading the charge.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:28 am

Hopefully Rondo gets inspired to try and match Bradleys pressure.

He will probably pick up some more fouls and get tired faster but on the other hand you know now that Bradley is more than serviceable behind Rondo.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:43 am

Hard to believe, but most welcome are the strides Bradley has made recently with his tenacious defense. I guess you can live with a smaller point production when he is in there from his spot as long as he is able to harass the oposition in the manner he's done to date. I still don't think we're up to Chicago & Miami yet. However with continued improvement the Celts will surely be a playoff team capable of making some serious noise in the post season!

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:51 am

Worcester, having experienced an illness that afflicted my own daughter, I know what you are going through with your own son. My family and good friends where also afflicted with cancer, some never survived and I know the pain and isolation you are feeling, 'cause no one is in your shoes. I can only share with you my secret to strength. Pray to your God and he will be with you to strengthen you and your loved ones so as to get through this period.

God Bless!

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:54 am

I would love to see Moore come off the bench and sub for Allen for now on. If this kid keeps sinking shots, he'll be an All Star 'cause he already plays great defense.

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:57 am

Hi,
Great win - not much to say.
But I'd like to point to PP. What a performance the last 2 games! It looked like he took it very personal and did lead the team age and fatigue be damned.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:18 am

Prior to these 2 wins the "catch prase" was that we had yet to beat a good team.

Perhaps that still holds true!

(slam to Orlando)

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:35 am

worse hang in there buddy and best wishes to a speedy recovery with your son

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:41 am

Dear Sam, Moontrikon, Matty, MD, Beat, dboss, and 112288 - Your thoughts are much appreciated as were the experiences Rosalie and Jeb shared during the past two years.

As for the Celtics, what fun to watch Doc coach this team. When Jameer got hurt, Doc walked over to him to ask how he was doing. Thenm he aid something to the effect, "I'm not a real doctor. They just call me Doc." What a great spirit he brings to this team, demanding but never blaming or demeaning through tough times, always uplifting throughout. There's something to learn from that attitude beyond basketball.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:42 am

Thanks c/os
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:45 am

Worcester,

Hoping for the best on all fronts.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:47 am

Great comeback.

My prayers are with you and your family Worcester. Keep us informed on how he is doing.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am

sam wrote:I don't know whether the following has occurred to others, but I find the comparisons interesting:

Sam Jones 6' 4" 198, K.C. Jones 6' 1" 200

E'Twaun Moore 6' 4" 191, Avery Bradley 6' 2" 188

Sure, the attributes are distributed differently. Among the current twosome, it happens that the better point guard skills are owned by the better shooter. But the total mix of skills is eerily similar.

I believe I'm not stupid enough to get way ahead of myself or to appear to be equating the potential of E'Twaun and Avery with two great hall of famers. But I personally encountered the excitement of the Jones Boys' rapid development, and the past couple of games have been a sort of deja vu experience. I can only hope it continues.

Sam

Sam sorry didn't respond to you on the Game On thread, actually went to a local sports bar and was shouting with glee during that second half. Great analogy with KC and Sam, imagine if ET keeps playing offensively like this, what a steal at 2 that could be. ET surprises me he has a good enough handle to play bring the ball up and over here Knick writers were calling this kid Shumpert the steal of the draft, ET can do everything Shumpert supposedly does and hope he can continue improving.

Gotta love the way Pierce at 34 can still adapt his game and carry the team, his second game in a row with 10 assists. KG shocked me the way he battled Howard and stopped him from scoring, oh yeah KG himself is a first ballot HoFer and arguably the best defensive PF of all time.....well he showed it. He showed he and Pierce can still carry this team, what a great comeback and game.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:09 pm

Worcester, my thoughts are with you. Man.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next