LACELTFAN
Outside
Hoopdeedoo
jeb
8 posters

Go down

fellas the spurs are lookin lost Empty fellas the spurs are lookin lost

Post by jeb Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:04 pm

Watched the game against the Jazz last night and the Spurs just look awful.
Parker seems off. Ginobli is half the player he was and even the great Tim Duncan has no lift.

They are playing no d at all and d is effort.

I know it is very early but the spurs and the cavs look to me to have some serious problems.

After all this season was going to be about who best assimilated the new parts...

What do yall think?

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

fellas the spurs are lookin lost Empty Re: fellas the spurs are lookin lost

Post by Hoopdeedoo Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:26 pm

Jeb,

I thought the C's looked pretty bad the other night too but they won. I don't think even we can win against any mid level team when we miss open looks at that pace. The Spurs just look rusty to me and the Jazz were playing well enough. As good as the Celtics are and even with a deep bench I believe at the end of the day you still have to perform. Look for a letdown if we keep winning and playing bad against the lower level teams.
The Spurs are one of the teams that start slower and build toward the end of the season (barring injury). That and I think the Jazz will be a good team this year.

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:33 pm

I'm not worried about Parker -- he's a really good player and will be fine over the long haul and in the playoffs. They drafted well and picked up good free agents. My biggest concerns are the health of Duncan and Ginobli.

Ginobli has had ankle problems for a couple of years now. His game is outside shooting combined with hellbent drives to the basket. It could be that he'll be fine as the season goes along, but at his age (32), I'm inclined to think that he'll drive less than he used to, which will make his outside game less effective. He needs to stay healthy and work on his mid-range game -- that is, pull up and shoot most of the time when he drives and be selective about taking it to the hoop. As long as his ankles hold up, he can still be an effective player for them.

The big problem is Duncan. As I mentioned on another thread, Duncan's knee is severely limiting him. He's so smart and fundamentally sound that he does good things even on one leg, but he really doesn't look good. As far as I know, his problem is wear and tear, not a specific injury. He's wearing a huge brace. He was really limited at the end of last year, and the hope was that a summer of rest and rehab would bring him back to the level we've come to expect. Instead, he's starting the season looking as bad or worse than last year. I'm wondering if he'll even make it through the season. It's just a shame.

Popovich is such a good coach and GM that he'll manage the situation as well as can be done, any maybe he can pull a rabbit out of the hat and sign someone, but with Duncan's knee like it is, I think the Spurs' title aspirations are gone.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:09 pm

Hoop

Timmy just looked rough last night. Plus I really pull for the guy. But Pop will figure it out.

Just surprised at the total lack Of d cuz they have been so good at d for so many years.

I bet pop is about to blow a gasket! I'd so love for the spurs to give the lakes somethin to thinkabout this year.

jEb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:15 pm

Outside

Man it's good to have you on this forum. Your post are great. I cant say it any better nor as good as you did. Timmy has no lift. Kg is strugglin with his lift but you can see that his is going to come back.

Ginobli aint ginobli without those powerful lefty explosions to the basket and it is looking like he is as hampered as duncan out there. Frustrated by his limitations as we all get with age.

Parker can help the situation so much but he has not done htat so far. The new parts sans the rook all look a tad mismatched. So far ala cavs.

Thanks 4 response.

jeB
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:02 pm

The only thing I can say is it's early....Both teams will adjust and both may do much better down the road. The Celtics came out fast but they will cool off some...Tonite should be fun...to see how the C's fare with the Suns.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:20 pm

I think that it will just take a while for the Spurs to get accustomed to one another. That Richard Jefferson trade was a big deal for them. I think he will add so much to this team. Their aspirations of winning the title, in my opinion, are just dreams of yesterday. I think they will make alot of noise and cause some problems for alot of teams, but, in the end, will be on the outside looking in. Duncan is so close to retiring that he may just do that at the end of the year.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:24 pm

Rosalie

You know he (dunc) aint that old. I wonder if they are hiding some sort of serious injury to him. On paper they look so good but man they sure look slow.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:33 pm

Rosalie

Perhaps he is close to having had enough.

Russ could have played a bit more but he knew it was time and after 69 what more could he have done. Walking out on top like that was perfect.
Duncan is not that old, agree (34 next April) but he has played over 900 games at 36+ min per PLUS another 160 playoff games to boot.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:44 pm

Why is Pop starting the Scal lookalike and Finley?that starting lineup up sucks,he should start Dyess at PF,let the Scal lookalike play the 3 or come off the bench,with Jefferson at the 2 or go with Manu and Jefferson at the 2 and 3.Jefferson just looks like any other player,I don't see any lift or dunks from him at all.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:55 pm

Cow

Bonner is the dude. Matt Bonner. Jefferson aint looked good. dyess has not shot that well but I think that will change.

I cant figure out why they start or even play Bonner either.

Seems like Manu has lost his jets.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:35 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Why is Pop starting the Scal lookalike and Finley?that starting lineup up sucks,he should start Dyess at PF,let the Scal lookalike play the 3 or come off the bench,with Jefferson at the 2 or go with Manu and Jefferson at the 2 and 3.Jefferson just looks like any other player,I don't see any lift or dunks from him at all.

cow,

Matt Bonner, the one who torched us for 23 points last year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=An0xGXN9sll.KK9uQoM7_1bmPKB4?gid=2009020802

I was actually cheering for him a little that game. I eventually stopped cheering for him, but it was too late.

He's from my home town, the one I grew up in, not the one I live in now. You should hear my Dad go on about him, he still lives in Concord. He's followed Matt's career since he was in High School.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:38 pm

Gyso

He is in the nba and starting. He must be pretty damn good. Just dont think he is making the lakes quake in their sneaks too much.

He went to Florida didn't he?

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:00 pm

Jeb,

He is the Red Rocket!! (LOL)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Bonner

Box score from college:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/scores103/103032/20030201NCAABFLORIDA---0.htm

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:24 pm

well I'm sure hes a good guy,blessed to be in the NBA,he reminds me of Matt Harping too,if either of these guys is your starting forward your team is in trouble......agreed

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:14 pm

They have currently won 4 in a row.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:17 pm

And the Cavs beat dallas like a rented mule tonight.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:21 pm

To me Bonner is a more talented "Scal". He has a better shot, deadly shooting against the Celtics last year. I think he is a terrific bench player, one who will kill you on a night when you least expect it.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:48 pm

Watchin the Lakes play the warriors. Lakers are very long. Gasol looks healthy and active. Bynum too. Think Perk can handle bynum and KG can handle Gasol. With some help from Sheed. But they look tough.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:02 am

jeb65 wrote:Watchin the Lakes play the warriors. Lakers are very long. Gasol looks healthy and active. Bynum too. Think Perk can handle bynum and KG can handle Gasol. With some help from Sheed. But they look tough.
They are the world champs, after all.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:06 am

True dat. But I dont like it much.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content