DWade - Discussion/Chances of him becoming a Celtic in 2010 FA fiasco

4 posters

Go down

DWade - Discussion/Chances of him becoming a Celtic in 2010 FA fiasco Empty DWade - Discussion/Chances of him becoming a Celtic in 2010 FA fiasco

Post by dbrown4 Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:23 pm

After having a good discussion on LeBron and his future, how about DWade in green? I'm not as familiar with DWade as others may be on this site, so any views and opinions are welcome. He seems to be the overall favorite. Somewhere in the next three years, the Celtics are going to have to bite and put a relatively younger piece #2 next to Rondo in the re-building scheme. Is now the time?
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

DWade - Discussion/Chances of him becoming a Celtic in 2010 FA fiasco Empty Re: DWade - Discussion/Chances of him becoming a Celtic in 2010 FA fiasco

Post by KellyGreen17 Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:51 pm

I like Wade a lot and would love to see him in Green. He's an unselfish player. He averages 25 ppg as well as almost 7 assists. And no, he's not their point guard! Factor in his 5 rpg and he is a complete player. He's in his prime right now too, he's 27 now, 28 in January.

I think he'll stay in Miami though. They specifically didn't make any major offseason moves this year just to ensure they have cap space next year to re-sign him. According to ESPN, they even have enough space to re-sign him and pick up another top FA. Scary.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

DWade - Discussion/Chances of him becoming a Celtic in 2010 FA fiasco Empty Re: DWade - Discussion/Chances of him becoming a Celtic in 2010 FA fiasco

Post by jeb Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:08 pm

Kelly

They are already playing pretty damn good with what they got. I always liked Wade and secretly pull for the Heat.

Riley I reckon reminds me of good times believe it or not and for me compared to Phil seems like a class act.

That will probably get me killed here.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:20 pm

I think what I'm looking for is a much steadier torch passing than the complete disaster that was 1986 after the championship. The current Big 3 equate quite well with an aging Bird, McHale and Parish in 1986. We will be coming up to that same point soon. The Bulls are still digging their way out of 1996 with only slightly encouraging signs to date. I'm not looking to wait double digit years just to re-build. This may be pretty much the main reason Danny was hired. He remembers all too well what happened. Those events were completely out of his control at that time since he was a player. But what happens in Celticville over the next three years is completely in his control. And he can mend a lot of fences with multiple titles. High water covers a lot of stumps.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:24 pm

For the team that is missing this backcourt "piece of the puzzle" or the rich teams that want to add to the "richness"--DWade is the jewel of the free agent market.

DJ

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:49 pm

Jeb the Heat are definitley playing very well so far. Beasley is a promising player and so is Chalmers. They need to add a big man. Haslem and Magloire are OK, but probably not good enough for a championship team. I have no major beef with the Heat, and wouldn't mind seeing them do well as long as it's not at the expense of the C's!

I don't have an issue with Riley either, so I won't be in the head hunting party, don't worry! I'm not quite old enough to remember him as the Lakers coach.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:54 pm

Kelly

He (Riley) was slicker than snot and the perfect Lakes coach.

Kurt Russell basically played Riley in a movie called Tequila Sunrise and they offered his part to Riles.

Used to hate those Laker teams but now looking back I can preciate the greatness I was luck enough to see.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down