NYCelt
David14
jeb
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Gasol may be out til christmas Empty Gasol may be out til christmas

Post by jeb Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:24 pm

Pau is more messed up in the hamstring than everybody thought. Lakers being mysterious about the whole thing. He played all summer...interesting. It's a bitch to repeat.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Gasol may be out til christmas Empty Re: Gasol may be out til christmas

Post by David14 Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:29 pm

Jeb, not trying to be cruel, but this sounds like an early Christmas present as far as I am concerned. So much for the bragging on the other thread by the Laker fans about Pau being an "iron man". That was about the time he was playing for Spain in the summer!!!

David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:34 pm

Yeah we dont want to be trollish but it is indeed a bitch to repeat. D14 I want them at full strength ya know. Otherwise it wont be as sweet.

Right now the Lakes are playing second only to us. Lets see it stay that way all year.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:36 pm

Too bad, really.

Sounds like Gasol may regret not taking it light this past summer.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:39 pm

Ginobli
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:55 pm

Lakes got Suns, Nuggs, Rockets in a row so we will find out how good they are right quick.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:59 pm

It would be ironic if brother Marc turned out to be the real diamond in the rough.

He lacks Pau's pout though, FWIW! Razz

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:05 pm

Lakes looking a tad gimpy. Marc is playing pretty damn good right now.

He prolly dont have as many berets as Pau. Hellz I think he (Marc) cut his romance hair!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:02 am

jeb65 wrote:Pau is more messed up in the hamstring than everybody thought. Lakers being mysterious about the whole thing. He played all summer...interesting. It's a bitch to repeat.
Even if Pau is back right away, it will be tough for the Lakers to repeat. Not impossible, not improbable, but quite tough. However, I wouldn't start measuring them for a casket just yet.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:52 am

I aint. They are the worst threat we face. Them and the Magic.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:35 am

LACELTFAN wrote:
jeb65 wrote:Pau is more messed up in the hamstring than everybody thought. Lakers being mysterious about the whole thing. He played all summer...interesting. It's a bitch to repeat.
Even if Pau is back right away, it will be tough for the Lakers to repeat. Not impossible, not improbable, but quite tough. However, I wouldn't start measuring them for a casket just yet.

the thing that will make it so difficult for the lakers to repeat will, not something internal, but rather the Boston Celtics..

not even george clooney could beat the perfect storm [my nickname for this yrs boston celtics team]
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:23 am

I think there's a good chance that Phil is just messing with people's heads. While the injury was obviously more severe than they originally thought, Phil is probably tired of people asking every day when Gasol will be back when every schedule they've set has been blown out of the water. So you want a new timetable? How about Christmas. And the words get written down and passed around the Internet as a serious response.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:24 am

That's tough news for our Laker fan friends. Hopefully it won't be chronic and Pau will be back as quickly as possible.

If there's any blessing in disguise for the Lakers (probably a stretch by me), it could be added time for the bench players to round into contention form. Other than Powell (and Brown, when given an opportunity), none of them has been consistently effective this season.

The second half to two-thirds of the season should be enough time for the Lakers' starters and bench to form separate and productive identities once they're at full-strength. I would certainly like them to have all their horses in the barn if the Celtics are fortunate enough to play them in the finals.

In the meantime, there are two ancillary observations I'd make.

Number one, for those who castigated the Celtics for being "mysterious" about KG's injury, the Lakers' handling of the Pau situation should underscore the realities of how reality works in the NBA. Management owes the media and fans only one thing...to find the best way to win a championship. If being oblique about an injury is part of that formula, so be it.

Number two, for those who have labeled him a Phront-runner, this will be a test of Phil's real aptitude for dealing with a situation in which he was handed adversity rather than something approaching a gold standard. Perhaps now, he'll have an opportunity to demonstrate his developmental and adaptive coaching abilities, as coaches such as Auerbach and Rivers have been called upon to do before him.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RicoCeltic Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:05 am

Hi to every one. I am a long time Celtics fan from the beautiful island of Puerto Rico. Sorry for my spelling mistakes and grammar. I got to this web site wile I was looking for some pictures on Google, I clicked the picture I wanted to see and the site pop up. Being a Celtic fan I had to register to see what it was about because it wouldn't let me see. As I started reading I already know who is who in this site. I enjoy the good information from some here, not all here as you can see why here on this post by the one who started it and a few others. I have enjoyed reading Sam. NY celt, Outside, LA celtfan and some one named Gyso (don't know if I got the last name right) And a few others I can't remember right now. I have been a member of this site like a week now and it's become one of my favorites sites to get my Celtics news and comments. I haven't post yet and don't think I will, I am not blessed like the names mention here, and for me is enough to read your delightful post. I am sorry I can't say the same for all the ones on this site. In no way I want to insult anyone, that is not my intention, it's just my humble opinion. I don't know if it has to do with age, ignorance or just fanatic personalities for some fans to be of the worst kind and be happy for another s athlete injury. It seems some of the posters are happy for the injury Of Gasol whom I admire as a Spanish speaking athlete and from where the Spanish language I speak comes from. Puerto Rico was part of Spain until the USA made us the nation that we are today, some people here don't believe we are a nation, I do. Here a piece of what we are and how we became part of the Greatest Nation in the universe: A self-governing island commonwealth of the United States in the Caribbean Sea east of Hispaniola. Inhabited by Tainos when it was discovered by Columbus in 1493, it was colonized by the Spanish in the 16th century and ceded to the United States in 1898 after the Spanish-American War. Puerto Ricans were granted U.S. citizenship in 1917, although residents of the island do not vote in U.S. presidential elections. Commonwealth status was proclaimed in 1952 and has been upheld by various plebiscites since the 1960s. San Juan is the capital and the largest city. Population: 3,940,000. Back to the subject. I think is ridiculous and denigrating for some one to be happy for an injury of another athlete doesn't matter the team they root for and shows what the person is made of and what they give in life. I as a long time Celtics fan like to see Gasol do good and be one of the best in the league, Except when he plays the Celtics. Gasol is one of the most decent and humble player in the NBA, if not the most decent and humble. I have seen Gasol give a foul (never seen him give a hard foul) to player and go to the player and pick him up from the floor. He should be the most Caballeroso (it's a Spanish word for gentlemen, gentlemanly,sportsmanlike. I don't now if you get what I mean Remember my english is bad). So Shame on the people who get happy for another's athlete's injury. Remember KG's injury last season witch prevented us from getting to the finals last season and maybe even repeating. So please stop your fanaticism when it conserns an injury of another player and much less a gentlemen like Gasol. He reminds me of Rusell in the humble way he conducted him self on and off the court. There is nothing bad you can say about Gasol. Maybe if you talked bad about Kobe it would be a little understandable and by the way I do not support or back up any one talking bad of any one or any player for some mistakes they have made in their lives, I'm just saying it would be more understandable. Some people who criticize others for their mistakes think and believe they have lived perfect lives and have never made mistakes. So please stop the nonsense and sorry for this being my first post and maybe last because I just enjoy reading, but I just could not stay shut to see some here being happy for another s athlete injury. That makes you the worst fan. Sorry again.
RicoCeltic
RicoCeltic

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:49 am

jeb65 wrote:Yeah we dont want to be trollish but it is indeed a bitch to repeat. D14 I want them at full strength ya know. Otherwise it wont be as sweet.

Right now the Lakes are playing second only to us. Lets see it stay that way all year.

Jeb, one thing that I have learned in what I do for a living, and in life in general, in order to protect who we are and/or a position is to take a hard line where necessary. For that reason, as an example, how can one not have great respect for the San Antonio Spurs and for Coach Pop. I hated the years that the Spurs dominated the Celtics, however they did it with respect. They are a credit to the NBA. When is the last time a fan in San Antonio published wished KG's career was over, and that Paul Pierce and Ray Allen would suffer career ending injuries.

With respect to the Lakers, Pau obviously is a good person. Therefore, I certainly would wish him well on a personal basis. I would love to see him in green. I hope he returns and has a wonderful career with a more deserving team. In the meantime, I'm sure his "contract" will take care of him and his good family.

However, what we all experienced on the other Celtics site is a similar example of what one commonly finds in the Los Angeles area where they "trash", "denigrate", make unconscionable remarks about our dearly departed Red Auerbach. They have no problem in openly expressing their hatred for the Celtics and the City of Boston. Then again, there is the minority of good Lakers fans who like babyskyhook and MG act "San Antoniolike" and
simply love their NBA team without the need to hate and wish evil on others. I found some of the comments, the laughter, and cruelty thrown at KG and the Celtics last year when KG went down to be amazingly commonplace in the LA community. No wonder an Angeleno cannot go to a Giant game at PacBell Park in SF.

Therefore, without stooping "mean spirited" comments, I personally hope the loss of Pau teaches the "so called Laker fans" that injuries can happen to any team, and that wishing "hurt" on the Celtics, the Celtic fans, and the City of Boston in general has no place in the sports world. Experiencing the los of Pau would create some well deserved "justice".

Therefore, I stand behind my statement. I take this as an early Christmas present for good NBA fans around the country. Personally, I would be more than happy if the Celtics beat the Lakers and win #18 even if the Lakers have to forfeit. Although, I wish the best in general life to the Lakers players, while at the same time, wish a speedy mental recovery to Artest. As for Kobe, he is already upset over some Lakers fans campaign to bring LeBron to LA. So much for Kobe's LA support. Perhaps New York Knick Phil the X, has been campaigning to bring the King to LA. Although, none of should be shocked to see New York Knick Phil return to New York next year if the Knicks sign LeBron!! Don't bet against it!!

Other than that Jeb, I have no real thoughts about Pau and the Lakers.

David

PS- Okay Sam, (Pete, gyso, or NYCelt), I'll take my "T" like a man. Just call me "DavidSheed"!!!!

Last edited by David14 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by LilRip Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:40 am

wow, did not receive this piece of news.

i hope Pau makes it back in time to get ready for the playoffs. no way do the Lakers make it all the way to the Finals without Gasol or without Gasol being out of game shape. they can still do well in the regular season (see Celtics starting Big Baby and still winning a good deal of their games) without him, but the playoffs are a different animal.

- LilRip
LilRip
LilRip

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:19 am

ricoceltics,

welcome to this board.

I don't wish injuries on players, not even Lakers. I may predict injuries, like I predicted that Gasol would be tired and maybe injured from his non-stop summer of basketball in the Euro tournament, but I didn't hope for it.

Same thing with Kobe Bryant. I don't want him to be injured. In fact, I want him and Gasol to be healthy when we beat them. However, with all the minutes he has played career-to-date, I'm expecting his body to start breaking down younger than many people are expecting.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:57 am

Bob

part of me really doesnt care if they are healthy or not. I just want us to be. I have no control as obviously none of us do.

A hamstring can linger a long time and the lakers are wise to let it heal completely. BUT it can be aggravated again ever so easily.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:20 pm

RicoCeltic,

Welcome!

Thanks for posting, and for telling us a little about your beautiful island nation.

I'm with you, as I think are most of us here, in that we only wish the best for our competitors. We certainly want to beat them, but we want to win with both sides healthy and at full strength.

I hope you will post more of your thoughts here. Don't worry about good or bad English. It's more important to us all to have another good fan to talk with. I think you will contribute much here.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:27 pm

David,

No whistle.

I think you explained your thinking clearly and without malice.

Remember that you also get two steps after you pick up your dribble.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:45 pm

Ricocelt

I agree with you. I think you spoke well. Thanks for posting.

I think some of us are still responding to the joy some laker "fans" on the other board showed when they would tell Boston fans that our best player was going to remain hurt. This is what they said over and over. KG is old and we hope he stays hurt.

I think we are all aware of it and doing the best we can. I also think MATTY

Says it best "the thing that will make it so difficult for the lakers to repeat will, not something internal, but rather the Boston Celtics..

not even george clooney could beat the perfect storm [my nickname for this yrs boston celtics team]"

So anyway welcome and well said. If I say Pau wears berets it dont mean I want him hurt. I do not.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:19 pm

NYCelt wrote:David,

No whistle.

I think you explained your thinking clearly and without malice.

Remember that you also get two steps after you pick up your dribble.

Regards

Thanks NY, I'm getting used to the new version of "traveling"

David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:36 pm

NYcelt
So the deal is dont talk yourself into something you cant get away from in two steps?

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:47 pm

Now the latest reports are that Phil Jackson was "only joking" when he said Gasol might be out until Christmas, and that he is really "day-to-day".

It'll be interesting to see just how many days...

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:50 pm

Outside

You nailed it!

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down