LACELTFAN
gacracker
NYCelt
David14
jeb
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Gasol may be out til christmas - Page 2 Empty Re: Gasol may be out til christmas

Post by David14 Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:06 pm

bobheckler wrote:Now the latest reports are that Phil Jackson was "only joking" when he said Gasol might be out until Christmas, and that he is really "day-to-day".

It'll be interesting to see just how many days...

bob

Just another Hollywood stunt from Phil. Why treat the public with respect I guess!!!

Last edited by David14 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Gasol may be out til christmas - Page 2 Empty Re: Gasol may be out til christmas

Post by Outside Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:19 pm

jeb65 wrote:Outside

You nailed it!

Jeb

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. And I'm not sure that I have much of a future understanding Phil's thought processes. I might be better off with a Ouija board.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:20 pm

outside

that is phils thought process.
and whistling.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:27 pm

D14

Your phil to the Knicks w/ "king" sounds about right.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:59 pm

jeb65 wrote:D14

Your phil to the Knicks w/ "king" sounds about right.

Jeb, my instincts tell me that Phil would enjoy being known as the coach who guided MJ, Kobe, Shaq, and then the King to their championships. Phil will be free to leave. On the other hand, there is a some speculation in LA that the team of Buss, Buss, and Jackson can kill two birds with one stone next year. They can move out Kobe and move in the King. I suspect that would be Jackson's checkmate approach. They'll revert back to the fact that Kobe's character is flawed, that's one bird, and then bring in the "clean imaged" King!!!

Either New York or LA, Phillip the X can achieve another ego building coaching milestone by becoming the one who brought the King the randsom on the championship trophy. Then, I suspect there was no conspiracy in 2002, right!!!

Take care Jebster,
David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:14 pm

D14

So Phil moves to Knicks with Bron or Lakes let Kobe go and sign Bron.

I can for some reason see the Knicks thing due to Phil having played there.

I can't see Dr. Buss throwing Kobe under the buss.

Hmmmmm
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:37 pm

jeb65 wrote:D14

So Phil moves to Knicks with Bron or Lakes let Kobe go and sign Bron.

I can for some reason see the Knicks thing due to Phil having played there.

I can't see Dr. Buss throwing Kobe under the buss.

Hmmmmm

Jebster, Kobe publically "trashed" Jerry Buss a year ago or so. He would exchange Kobe for the marketing value of LeBron faster than a "lightening bug" loses its light in daybreak!!! The fans of LA have had "issues" with Kobe since the "Buss" drove Shaq out of town and Kobe decided Colorado was a great place to discuss his manhood!!! The majority of the LA fans would drive the "Buss" to bring in a new King, in a heartbeat!! Plus Hollywood would love to make more LeBron dancing commercials. Buss can't afford both salaries. Another thing to think about; Shaq has expressed a desire to retire in Los Angeles and continue his work with the Los Angeles Police Department. Shaq has become a great servant of the King!! Shaq is extremely popular in Los Angeles, and behind the scenes still believes that Kobe drove him out of town. My bet is Dr. Buss, Phil, Jeannie, and Mitch have discussed the possibility of bringing in the King, having the King convince Shaq to come back for a minimum contract, as if Shaq needed any more money, and at the same time have discussed how to move Kobe where Kobe would approve the move!!! In my opinion, Shaq would agree to back up Bynum and Pau for a chance to kid around with Jack Nicholson. Paula Abdul, and Diane Cannon, not to mention Will Smith and host of Hollywood "hosts". It could become movie time again!!

Don't bet against it!!! The City of LA found a way to bring in Wilt, Shaq, Kareem, Karl Malone, and the infamous Gary Payton!!! Not to mention the Dodgers ability in Los Angeles to bring in "Manny being Manny" and Joe Torre!!!

The soap opera continues!!!

PS- Jebster, don't forget that Kobe has a very strong desire to end up in New York himself. Therefore, if the Lakers manipulate things to get LeBron to come to LA, look for a Laker New York trade sending Kobe to NY!!

David

Last edited by David14 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added the PS)
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by RicoCeltic Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:06 pm

Thanks for the welcome to every one. The other poster I enjoy reading is bobheckler. This Saturday the Celtics will come in second to the Lakers.... A bad taste joke, Not to the Lakers but to our beloved Champion Miguel Cotto who will pulverize the Pac man like the Celtics did with the Lakers in game 6 08. Puerto Rico will be celebrating this victory all night. COTTO! COTTO! COTTO!
RicoCeltic
RicoCeltic

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:27 pm

Rico:

Welcome!

How big a sport is basketball in Puerto Rico? How does it compare to baseball?

I know we have Jose Berea and Carlos Arroyo coming out of PR.

Anybody I missed?

Anybody we need to be looking for in the future?

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:38 pm

David14 wrote:

Kobe publically "trashed" Jerry Buss a year ago or so. He would exchange Kobe for the marketing value of LeBron faster than a "lightening bug" loses its light in daybreak!!! The fans of LA have had "issues" with Kobe since the "Buss" drove Shaq out of town and Kobe decided Colorado was a great place to discuss his manhood!!! The majority of the LA fans would drive the "Buss" to bring in a new King, in a heartbeat!!

Buss can't afford both salaries.

the King convince Shaq to come back for a minimum contract.

Don't bet against it!!! The City of LA found a way to bring in Wilt, Shaq, Kareem, Karl Malone, and the infamous Gary Payton!!!

David

David-

I think you're right on some of these things and wrong on others.

You're right that Jerry Buss understands very well the marketing possibilities of having Lebron in LA. You're wrong about him moving Kobe out to do it, though, because the only thing more marketable than LBJ in a Laker uniform in Kobe and Lebron together. The two best players on the planet- together- on the Lakers. It would be THE story in sports for the year, and possibly for a number of years and would make the Lakers, already the dominant team in LA and SoCal in terms of tv ratings, popularity and media attention, that much more dominant.

Make no mistake about it- LA is a Laker town and no other team is even close. The Dodgers, who used to own the town, are now a distant also-ran in terms of local popularity. Part of that is due to a bigger, macro-level trend towards the NBA and away from baseball that has been going on nationally since the '80's, but it is mostly due to the LAkers' success (and the Dodgers lack thereof) since Buss took over in 1980, and the way he has marketed the team and their style of play to the fans. He has helped turn the Lakers into what they are and that is a very important legacy to him. They are the biggest attraction in town, year in and year out. Adding Lebron to play with Kobe would cement the team's place in LA (and the NBA) for many years to come. Buss would not blow an opportunity like that.

Buss would be able to afford Lebron's salary without a problem b/c the only ways that Lebron could join the Lakers would be to either sign for the MLE, which Buss can easily afford with Fisher, Farmar and Morrison coming off the books this summer (not to mention all those extra jerseys and t-shirts getting sold if the King was in purple and gold) or through a sign and trade, which would be salary neutral.

As laughable as LBJ for the mle sounds at first glance, the reality is that James is one of the few players who might actually do it, because his endorsement deals are over $100m and he supposedly has a huge kicker in his NIke deal if he goes to either NY or LA. And if Lebron has any inclination to go to LA, you can bet Phil Knight would have no problem telling him that NIke would match the difference in salary between an mle deal with the Lakers and a max deal with the Cavs, because for all the reasons listed above, Nike would sell an insane amount of shoes if Kobe and LBJ were playing together in LA.

The only way I could see Shaq coming back would be if LBJ came through a sign and trade, and BYnum went to Cleveland. At that point, if Shaq was still willing to do his humble bumble routine that he's now performing in Cleveland, Kobe would probably sign off on Shaq coming back to back up Pau, as it would be clearly KObe and LBJ's team.

I don't think LBJ will ultimately want to come to the Lakers b/c he and Kobe both want to be the man, but if he did, I wouldn't be too surprised, b/c you are right about LA's ability to consistently, throughout the last 35 years, land the biggest of superstars. As you said- Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, Malone. 2 of the top 10 and 2 of the top 20 players of all time.

So I wouldn't be shocked if LBJ came to the Lakers. But I don't think he will if the LAkers win a title this year. He would probably feel that he would look like a gravy-trainer who couldn't do it on his own so he joined the Lakers to get a ring. Also, I don't know if Kobe would see the benefits of LBJ joining him, as he might feel it would take too much spotlight away from him and he might not be ready to go there. He wants the ball in crunchtime. So does LBJ.

HOWEVER, if the Cs beat the Lakers in the Finals this year (and if they knock out the Cavs along the way, all the better), I think the idea of LBJ coming to the Lakers goes from extremely unlikely to an intriguing possibility.

In fact, that is a possibility that deserves its own thread.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:36 pm

BSH, you know Los Angeles and the Lakers' thought process far better than I do. I was simply have a good fun discussion with my friend Jebster. This is a site of good people who simply are trying to share some fun and amateur opinions in between dealing with real life issues.

I do think Kobe has a sincere desire to play in New York. I also think the NBA needs a strong New York, Boston, and LA team. Therefore, I believe the bidding for LeBron would preclude a LeBron/Kobe team. From the discussions I have with LA folks they really would love to see LeBron go to LA. I also think there is the residual concern about how Shaq left. My bet is that LA would take Shaq back with open arms.

David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:39 pm

Lakers

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take Shaq back!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:03 pm

Rico,

Welcome to the forum. Nice to have you aboard.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RicoCeltic Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:09 pm

Gacracker, I just posted an answer to your question but don't know why it didn't come out. It was kind of long. But in basketball that's about it, Carlos and Berrea. Peter John was drafted by Milwaukee but I think he only played in the D league. He's a 7 footer with short arms who started playing ball at 18 years old. In the post that didn't come out I mentioned the most spots we like. If I have time tomorrow I will write it again. Saludos desde mi bella isla de Puerto Rico a todos mis nuevos amigos ciberneticos. Celtics AHI!!!!!!!!!!
RicoCeltic
RicoCeltic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:41 pm

Rico,

If two people post at exactly the same time, the forum refuses to accept one of them and sends the poster a message to that effect. So always make sure you don't have a message showing above your post because it means your message was not sent. If you see the message, just click on "Save" until your message is sent.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:52 pm

jeb65 wrote:NYcelt
So the deal is dont talk yourself into something you cant get away from in two steps?

Jeb

Jeb,

I hadn't thought of it quite that way; excellent!

I may have to quote you on that one.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:59 pm

NYcelt

Watchin the Lakes dominate the Suns. Lakers are big! We gone have our hands full. And quote away...
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by RicoCeltic Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:51 am

Sam I saw that message but being rookie I thought it would go through any way. I have a lot to learn.
RicoCeltic
RicoCeltic

Back to top Go down

Post by fiorelladad Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:32 am

RicoCeltic wrote:Sam I saw that message but being rookie I thought it would go through any way. I have a lot to learn.

Hola pana, yo soy de PR tambiƩn. I've been a Celtic fan since 1981 and swallowed so much crow from people these 22 years that now that the tables are turned they can only say they're Laker fans because (and I quote) Kobe is the reincarnation of Michael. To all you people on the forum not from PR, we have so many bandwagoners here it's obscene. Now everybody says their Cavs fans, Magic fans and Laker fans. Obviously because of Lebron, Dwight & KoME. You people have no idea how refreshing it is to be able to read & post in a pure Celtic paradise. Thanks. BTW they mostly ridicule and hate the Celtics and I wouldn't have it any other way. Come June it will taste that much more sweeter.
fiorelladad
fiorelladad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:22 am

Rico,

We're all rookies here, and we're all stil learning about this board. That particular idiosyncrasy is one of the strangest. There's a control on the board that allows us to indicate how many second the board should allow between messages. But it can't be set below 10 seconds, which is where we've got it.

However, we're not complaining. To have access to an already formatted board at no cost is incredible. We've just had to tailor it to our needs, and we mostly like the board's features (many of which are operational ones available only to the administrators but being used for the benefit of everyone).

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RicoCeltic Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:45 am

Sam I have a question. The way I found this site was that I was looking for a picture on Google and when I clicked on the Picture the site came out. I asked a friend who is a computer freak and a hacker, in a good sense and he told me a lot of companies use this type of advertisement and it must be true because it's happened to me before. Maybe the site where you got it from do this, witch means it's good and free advertisement, because just like I foud it a lot of people will too if they are lucky and are Celtics fans. My problem is that I got registered with an Email account that I think has been hacked because a lot of times my messenger tells me I have to sign in because I have sign in on another computer. When my free trial period come up and I have to pay I would want to do it with the Email address I am using now. Will I lose my Rico name???? What can I do? Because I don't even remember the pass word of the old Email I used and I only use it for sites that just pop up or don't trust. I don't even mind paying it today but I would like to register with my new (like 8 months old) Email address. Or I can finish my trial period with this one and when it's time to pay change it if possible. I didn't know what the site was about and didn't know it was gonna become one of my favorites. I'll wait for answers.
RicoCeltic
RicoCeltic

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:19 am

Rico

Perhaps you should contact Sam via private message. Easy to do and the easiest way is go to his post above and under his photo you will see 4 little boxes, click on the one that has PM next to it. A screen will come up and you can send all your concerns info whatever to him and he will be the only one that gets it. As far as some of the tech stuff, Pete, GYSO and NYCelt along with Dboss are pretty good about those things.

To get to a list of people to send messages to go to the home page by clicking on the Celtic logo on the top right. Right under the heading in the middle is a line which has the following you have no new messages, Click on that,

You will now see a box about 1/2 way down on the left that says NEW PM*

Click on that, You should now see the message screen.

To find a particular person to send a message to go to the Find a username and click on that. A smaller screen will appear with the word search. Click on search. A box will apear with a down arrow next to 112288 click on the down arrow and ALL of the registered users will appear in alphabetical order. You can send the same message to as many people as you wish by selecting (clicking on them0 and repeating to the next person.

Hope this helps a little.

beat

Last edited by beat on Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by RicoCeltic Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:47 am

Thank you BEAT I will but later, have some business to attend right now and have to leave the house asap. I will do it tonight, very late because I'll be out till late, very busy days for me but that's good. Thanks again.
RicoCeltic
RicoCeltic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:21 pm

Rico, try this. Go up to the top of the screen and click on the word "Profile." Your profile will come up on the screen. The second item will be email address. Change it to whatever new one you'd like. I believe that will work. If not, send the new email address to me by private message. I think I can change it as an administrator on the site.

I'm just in the process of sending out the initial payment notifications for people who first joined nearly a month ago. (I believe you're a little later.) I'll be sending those notifications by email, so I'll appreciate having your most up-to-date email address.

I don't know how you wound up being sent to this site from a Google picture unless you were googling a pcture of Cary Grant and they mixed it up with me. (LOL) But I'm happy you here. I believe we're going to have a lot of fun; and, if the Celtics chip in and do their part, we'll have a total blast!

Thanks,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:03 pm

Search engines like Google use "crawler" apps to find and categorize sites. It's all done automatically, and this board was easy to find for a crawler app because it's part of a forum hosting service. Crawler apps are regular visitors to forum hosting sites looking for new content.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next