Did Doc major in Public Relations at Marquette?

4 posters

Go down

Did Doc major in Public Relations at Marquette? Empty Did Doc major in Public Relations at Marquette?

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:27 pm

It would not surprise me if P.R. were his major. I've seen Doc Rivers on CNBC, MSNBC, and other NBC affiliates doing Olympic coverage. He blends in so well and is able to share a wealth of knowledge on a wide variety of sports that he may or may not have extensive knowledge of or background in. For instance, he was very much at home traNsitioning from coverage of the compelling Women's Soccer victory over Canada yesterday to the Men's Basketball coverage of their game against Argentina. He ()Doc) comes off as knowledgeable, gracious, and quite affable. I believe he did work for one of the networks between his Orlando & Boston coaching gigs. I bet he's so comvincing he could sell water to the caretakers of Niagara Falls, or sand to the Arabs. Whatever NBC is paying Doc, they could double it and still get off cheap for what he brings to the table!

Last edited by MDCelticsFan on Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:23 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : word change spelling error)

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Did Doc major in Public Relations at Marquette? Empty Re: Did Doc major in Public Relations at Marquette?

Post by bobheckler Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:47 pm

MD,

He is one chatty, funny SOB, isn't he?

No wonder players love him. Even when he's barking at him you don't feel like he hates you (except for Big Baby who was, well, a big baby). He's a feel good coach, as opposed to Stan Van Gundy who made you want to punch a wall.

I heard he made a joke about how he'd like to have the Gold Medal winning woman's Judo champ from the US come to training camp and "teach our bigs how to box out". Funny joke, with just enough truth to it.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Did Doc major in Public Relations at Marquette? Empty Re: Did Doc major in Public Relations at Marquette?

Post by tjmakz Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:31 pm

Doc seems to be a great coach, great guy, great leader and great dad.
Boston is very lucky to have him.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:04 pm

One could argue that there have been four great eras in Celtics history. In each case, the coach was blessed to have at least one coach on the floor: Red had Cousy and then Russ. Heinsohn had Havlicek. K.C. and Fitch had Larry. And Doc has had KG.

But one dimension on which each coach was on his own involved personnel relations. I don't think it's out of line to say that Red and Doc deserve superior ratings in that regard despite differing greatly in their approaches. Heinsohn basically followed the principles of Red, which worked out very well. K.C. was somewhat laissez faire, while Fitch was a taskmaster, and neither really had a long enough Celtics coaching history to solidify more of a personnel relations pattern.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down