Ray Allen's ankles an ongoing problem

+2
beat
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

Ray Allen's ankles an ongoing problem Empty Ray Allen's ankles an ongoing problem

Post by bobheckler Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:41 pm

This, via Twitter, from Ira Winderman (who is covering the Miami Heat Camp):

Ray Allen said ankle issue likely will be ongoing throughout the season, something he will have to manage.

He said he never wanted to let on publicly how serious it was last season in Boston.

Makes you glad he didn't take Boston's 2-year, $12M offer, huh? Not only didn't Ray let on publicly how bad they were last season, he apparently didn't let his new employers know either. See? Everything always works out over time. Karma is a bitch.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Ray Allen's ankles an ongoing problem Empty Re: Ray Allen's ankles an ongoing problem

Post by beat Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:19 pm

Boy did he ever handle this about as bad as "the choice".... now fittingly they end up together.

How the heck could he even begin to think he should have been starting over Bradley last year?? And then knowing he was still hurting and apparently not letting the management know this? Wonder what he told the Heat players and front office that woed him? Wonder what they think now?

And does a real team player knowing he is a shell of what he could be not let on to these issues and hurt the team?

Like you said Bob, karma is a bitch. He's 37 years old with apparently some bad wheels, and with that goes the one thing that he could even hope to do above average, shooting the ball.

I know how we sent a few "shots" at him on this board months ago...... now appears a few more are heading his way.

Glad we have moved on but a couple parting shots are warranted.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Ray Allen's ankles an ongoing problem Empty Re: Ray Allen's ankles an ongoing problem

Post by Sam Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:33 pm

bob,

From the instant I heard the news, I've always believed that Ray got the Celtics off the hook with his move to Miami. It seems obvious to me that, with his declining defensive abilities, he arguably would not have been an asset in Boston's #1 advantage—defense. And that situation could only have worsened over time. This revelation just strengthens my opinion.

I don't mean to imply in any way that Ray was trying to help the Celtics with his move. I just believe strongly that it's the way things are working out. We even got a veteran, uninjured two-fer (including one guy who's very probably just entering his prime) to replace him

Late last night, I watched a pre-season show on NBA-TV. And there was Ugly the King talking about how the Heat will win off their defense. I don't believe the acquisition of Ray was a step in that direction, your ugliness.

None of this means I think any less of Ray as a Celtic, nor will I ever drone on about his being some sort of traitor. I prefer to remember and honor the facts that he acquitted himself beautifully—even heroically at times—as a Celtic, that KG might very possibly never have become a Celtics without Ray's presence, and that the Celtics are one championship ahead of the Lakers partly because of Ray. If I had an enduring picture of Ray in my mind, it wouldn't involve a three-point shot. It would be his waving off a screen and blowing by Vukovic. That was one of the most thrilling moments I've witnessed as a Celtics fan of reasonably long standing.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:01 pm

Hi,
That statement (about RA's ankles) is kind of strange. Sounds like he's making upfront excuse for not being able to run for 30+ minutes and making 40+% from 3-pt land. I wonder if he's afraid that Mia can start shopping him soon?
If that's true (he could just be blowing smoke) - good for the Green team.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:33 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070629

Here's Bill Simmon's Draft Day Diary from 2007. That was the day we traded for Ray Allen. Obviously, he didn't know KG was coming next. Just goes to show, ya neva know.

He cracks me up, he really does. When I grow up I wanna be Bill Simmons. Or Mark Zuckerberg. Or Brad Pitt. I don't really care which.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:11 pm

Funny reading that article now, funny reading it then too. Nice having a national beat writer being a Celtics fanatic.

Loved the "pulled a Julio Lugo" bit. Someday the Sox will have a good shortstop again, but I'm not holding my breath.

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:06 am

Notorious S.A.S." ? (lol) As the great Bugs Bunny would say, "What a maroon!!"

5:37: The Notorious S.A.S. spends 60 seconds questioning Chicago's Noah pick, wonders why the Bulls didn't address low-post scoring without mentioning a single alternative (either in the draft or through trade), then adds at the end, "Again, [John] Paxson knows what he's doing, he's a phenomenal executive." I'd like that minute of my life back. No, really.

5:44: S.A.S. spends a minute telling us how much the Sixers need to go big at 12 and how nothing else is acceptable. Everyone else agrees with him, then -- right as Mike Tirico is about to throw it to the commish -- S.A.S. says, "Thaddeus Young with this pick, I suspect they'll take him." And they do. Um … what???? Fortunately, Bilas saves the day by praising Young's upside.

S.A.S. walks into a Payless Shoe store to buy some cheap sandals. The associate notices that S.A.S. has two left feet. "Don't worry", he says, "we can fix you up". After the transaction, the associate says, "Paper or plastic?". S.A.S. says, "Neither, I'll wear them out. As he walks out the door, all you can hear is "Flop, flop, flop"

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down